Our story behind the 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2012

Author Topic: Our story behind the 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2012  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Farhana Helal Mehtab

• Test
    • View Profile
Our story behind the 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2012

“Our achievement is more than we had expected”……this is a fact because when I received the fact of the case of 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2012, I was discouraged to take necessary steps since the students of Law Dept, DIU never attended any moot court training or competition since then. I had to take the challenge. Being a new member of the department (I was not even one semester old when I received the letter from Dhaka University, Law Faculty) it was little difficult to know the skills of every students. I called a viva where thirty students participated among four hundred law students. And only one student qualified, Md Zafur! Then again I searched for other two members since I needed three students for making my moot court team. This time, my target group was those students who did not apply; and I discovered one, Kazi Shaifur. Lastly I selected one from the minority group who are always remaining under my special consideration, Minoty Chakma. I started making my moot court team. Long one and half month, what not we did! My prayer for my loving student Zafur who tried his level best to make my ‘dream comes true’. The problem prepared for the Moot Court is normally based on contemporary issues of, and challenges to the International Humanitarian Law. Participation in the Moot Court involves thorough research and detailed study of IHL treaties, including the 1949 Geneva Conventions and their 1977 Additional Protocols, and the rules of customary law applicable to this area. I handed over all the documents of my personal collections to Zafur who went for detailed research. As a supervisor I used to guide him and check his day to day research. Other student Shaifur’s job was to follow all the done works and internet study. Last but not least Minoty’s work was to adopt with international court room’s manners and etiquette. Last two days before the program was so apprehensive! From morning to night we had to work restlessly. And in the program day the performance of my students was unbelievably remarkable; it simply brought tears in my eyes.  My law students have made my feelings stronger; now I’m looking forward to the next year for making our Department of Law, DIU proud of my students once again InshAllah.

Dear readers you are humbly requested to follow the link.

http://news.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/component/content/article/262-8th-henry-dunant-memorial-moot-court-competition-2012.html

Farhana Helal Mehtab
Associate Professor & Head
Dept of Law
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:48:01 PM by Farhana Helal Mehtab »

Offline shyful

• View Profile
Re: Our story behind the 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
Dear Ma'am,

Assalamualikum

It’s really an Outstanding Job! 

You made the dream in real.  Inshallah,   DIU team will carry on these efforts for doing the best. It’s true, in dissenting/courageous

job, positive supports could rarely be available. Again Thanks Ma'am for the courage! I do believe that  it just a bright start, our  team

will do better in near future, Inshallah.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:17:46 AM by shyful »
With best regards and Thanks in advance,

S.M.Saiful Haque

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
Dear Shyful,

Thanks a lot for the inspiring words.  You have mentioned, "In dissenting/courageous job, positive supports could rarely be available.".......Its true but in anyway if you get positive strength, you need not to look back. Alhamdulillah, my team members were my strength. They tried to follow my each & every single instruction. In addition to this, I would like to mention the name of my admin officer Mir Sahadat Hossain, who helped me a lot in final printing. Memorials (prosecution & defence) printing is very sensitive part of the whole work. Sahadat took the load.

Keep me in your prayer so that I can involve my law students in different positive activities.

Love always,

Ma'am

Offline Md. Khairul Bashar

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:05:32 AM »
Dear Madam,

The story behind the 8th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition 2012 is really awesome. Specially, your selection process of team members was excellent. We are very happy for our achievement and also grateful to you for your great contribution.

Congratulations for all the team members………..

Offline dider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
Many congratulations to our students and Ma'am. I am sure this is how our Law Department will become a top most legal education provider in the country. The effort was really very positive and we got the price for it.

I think we should celebrate the success.     
K. Dider-us-Salam
Senior Lecturer, Department of Law.

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
Dear Khairul Bashar,

Thanks for appreciating my unusual selection process. I, too appreciate your some thoughtful write ups. Specially I liked the line, " Dream is the magic of success..." from the topic 'BLACK & WHITE DREAMS'. In fact, we should be the dreamer then to make 'dreams come true' we have to work. I read somewhere, "Don't consider yourself poor since some of your dreams are not fulfilled; rather he is poor who doesn't know how to dream."

So, lets be the dreamer......

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
 Thanks a lot Didar. I think, I'll not feel so much comfortable for celebrating the success. Since you are agreeing with the authority's idea of celebrating, I'll be happy if you do it for our bright mooters.

Waiting for seeing your steps.......

Love always,

Offline sheikh mahfuz

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »
thanks mam.we are proud for this......

Offline Shah Alam

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
At first, take my respective salam to You. Dear, Mam, I proud of Your sincerity  about your job. To ensure spreed of knowledge about Global Law & Events. Really I salute to you for Your activity. May, Allah bless you & Your Beloved Family.

• Test
    • View Profile
Thanks  dear  Mahfuz & Shah Alam.

I remember our English for Law classes where we had almost every day presentation on different topics. Try to read English news paper, specially Law pages. How much pain I gave you for reading the Daily Star. Course complete doesn't mean reading English newspaper is done for ever rather it means now you are ready to understand better English.

Take care....all the Best,

Ma'am

Offline Wasim

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
As a student of Law department . I'm proud to success to this competition .Dear Ma'am thanks to attending to Moot court competition & DIU have achieved this success .

Offline safiullah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
Mad'm, thanks a lot. Really, it is an outstanding performance. I think, this achievement will inspire all the students as well as the  teacher also.

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »
Dear Shafiullah,

Thanks a lot. Tomorrow selected students will go in Regional Moot Court Competition 2012 in Conference Room, BRAC Centre Inn, since they have been invited to be the observers. It will be their great experience because all the south Asian  winning teams will participate there.

Wishes......