Why honesty is the best policy?

Author Topic: Why honesty is the best policy?  (Read 3935 times)

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
Why honesty is the best policy?
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »
This is why honesty is truly the best policy. When you take responsibility for actions that you have committed, or give your account of a situation in an honestly reasonable manner, you not only gain respect but trust.. Trust is a key factor in our society today, and at times is hard to find. Truth is an essential in any career field: business, government, teaching, art, whatever you do, honesty can have a huge impact on your ability to make a living. Some people get by quickly and successfully telling a lie here or there, but just as quickly lose what they gained when the lie is exposed - as it almost always is.
Also, truth does not harm even if it may seem so when you tell it. In the long run, it benefits. Lies can cause pain, damage relationships of all types, and makes the person lying eventually feel guilt for what they have done. If you consider the people in your life that you most respect and would trust with your life, one of the first qualities about them that you can name is that they are honest.
When you earn something by honest work and actions it is so much more meaningful than when you achieve it dishonestly. Cheating on a test might garner you an "A" grade, but it is not a true reflection of yourself. When you have studied and worked hard, passing the same test with an "A" that you have truly earned, you have something to be proud of.
One thing to also consider about honesty is the little eyes that watch everyone taller than them each day in every action and word: our children. They absorb not only what we do, but how we do it. Children are remarkable at gauging when someone is lying to them or to another. They also copy what they see in someone they admire. If we model honesty, we will have an honest world. The other side of the coin is one of irresponsibility, and people growing up thinking that manipulating others is acceptable. Honesty also lets us know where we stand in relation to others. Instead of telling someone else what they want to know, simply be honest. This keeps resentment from boiling up inside that can later explode, causing damage to a once wonderful relationship.
Honesty does not have to be blunt and rude, either. There are tactful ways to tell someone how you feel, or to give advice. Constructive criticism is one of the most useful tools in learning, and when given tactfully and honestly, it can greatly benefit another to improve some aspect of him or herself.
In basic context, if you want to tell stories be a writer. Living an honest life to the best of your ability is one of the most honorable and kindest services that anyone can give to humanity. It helps us to keep avenues of communication open, an atmosphere of trust to pervade, and keeps people closer together in a more peaceful environment.

Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Why honesty is the best policy?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:26:30 PM »
Dear Raju bhai

Please conduct a workshop on Ethics and students' behavor as Mr. Rumman has emphased the importance of honesty in our life. We should also instruct the students the value of real education. What is the use of good CGPA if any student doesn't comprehend the importance of real education. Our education has become nothing more than merely CGPA-based, hasn't it?

Please write something about our responsibilities..... 
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »
Yes Shibli Bhai,

CDC can organize a workshop on “Benefits of ethical living” I mean how we can increase happiness by reducing stress, anger and phobia from unethical activism.

I will love to facilitate that workshop if you and Rumman Bhai can help me to organize just after semester break.

Regards,

Raju

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:04:28 AM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline ashik

• hello frnds, whats up....
    • View Profile
    • hellooo...
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »
I am agree with u sir. Its really good to arrange a workshop about  “Benefits of ethical living”. Its may be helping our to increase ethical practices. 
A.K.M. Ashikur Rahman
16th Batch
Department of B.B.A
Daffodil International University

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »
Thanks Asik,

Let me know how many people can join from your friends?

We will start online registration soon.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman

Offline ashik

• View Profile
    • hellooo...
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Thanks sir for your reply. Sir may be 7 to 8 of my friends can join this workshop with me.

So sir, we are waiting for workshop.

Regards,
Ashik
A.K.M. Ashikur Rahman
16th Batch
Department of B.B.A

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:13:07 PM »
ok then. Can you please send their name and email address to me ? So, we can start online class soon including them.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »
Very good going.....

Our whole nation suffers the prevailing formidable state, due to the lacking of honesty at every sphere of life.

I am with you..
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline ashik

• View Profile
    • hellooo...
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »
Dear Razu Sir,
I already send their name and email address, you just check your forum inbox.

with thanks
Ashik
A.K.M. Ashikur Rahman
16th Batch
Department of B.B.A

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
Yes Ashik, got it.

We all can help them to become more ICT friendly.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman

Offline moheuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »
Dear Sir, i will attend this workshop. when you want to start..............................
moheuddin

Offline ashik

• View Profile
    • hellooo...
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »
hi Sohag, really you want to join this workshop. I think you are not attend this workshop, thats why i am not send your name & email address to Razu sir. I am already send Masum, Rumana, Mamun, Muhin, Shefa name and email id.
Now i am so happy to hear that you are attend this workshop. So i think Shojib also attend with you in this workshop.

Regards
Ashik
A.K.M. Ashikur Rahman
16th Batch
Department of B.B.A