Part 2: Story of “A son & mother”

Author Topic: Part 2: Story of “A son & mother”  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Farhana Helal Mehtab

• Test
    • View Profile
Part 2: Story of “A son & mother”
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:14 AM »
Part 2:
Story of  “A son & mother”

Here is the story which was forwarded by my younger son Ali Mashraf:

Sam’s mom only had one eye. He hated her; she was such an embarrassment for him. His mom ran a small shop at a flea market. She collected little weeds and such to sell, anything for the money they needed.  One day during elementary school, it was field day, and his mom came. He was so embarrassed. “How could she do this to me?” He threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school..."Your mom only has one eye?!" and they taunted him.

Sam wished that his mom would just disappear from this world so he said to his mom, "Mom, why don't you have the other eye?! You're only going to make me a laughingstock. Why don't you just die?" His mom did not respond. He felt a little bad, but at the same time, it felt good to think that he had said what he'd wanted to say all this time. Maybe it was because his mom hadn't punished him, but he didn't think that he had hurt her feelings very badly.

One  night...he woke up, and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. His mom was crying there, so quietly, as if she was afraid that she might wake her son. He took a look at her, and then turned away. Because of the thing he had said to her earlier, there was something pinching at him in the corner of his heart. Even so, he hated his mother who was crying out of her one eye. So he told himself that he would grow up and become successful, because he hated his one-eyed mom and their desperate poverty.

Then he studied really hard. He left his mother and came to Seoul and studied, and got accepted in the Seoul University with all the confidence he had. Then, he got married. He bought a house of his own. Then he had kids, too. Now he is living happily as a successful man. He likes it here because it's a place that doesn't remind him of his mom.

This happiness was getting bigger and bigger, when someone unexpected came to see him.  "What?! Who's this?!"... It was his mother...Still with her one eye. It felt as if the whole sky was falling apart on him. His little girl ran away, scared of his mom's eye. And he asked her, "Who are you? I don't know you!!!" as if he tried to make that real. He screamed at her "How dare you come to my house and scare my daughter! Get out here now!" And to this, his mother quietly answered, "oh, I'm so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address," and she disappeared. “Thank goodness... she doesn't recognize me!” He was quite relieved. He told himself that he wasn't going to care, or think about this for the rest of his life.

Then a wave of relief came upon him... one day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to his house. He lied to his wife saying that he was going on a business trip. After the reunion, he went down to the old shack, that he used to call a house...just out of curiosity there, he found his mother fallen on the cold ground. But he did not shed a single tear. She had a piece of paper in her hand.... it was a letter to his son.

“My Son,
I think my life has been long enough now. And... I won't visit Seoul anymore... but would it be too much to ask if I wanted you to come visit me once in a while? I miss you so much. And I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I decided not to go to the school.... For you... I'm sorry that I only have one eye, and I was an embarrassment for you.
You see, when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn't stand watching you having to grow up with only one eye... so I gave you mine... I was so proud of my son that was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye. I was never upset at you for anything you did. The couple times that you were angry with me. I thought to myself, 'it's because he loves me.' I miss the times when you were still young around me.
I miss you so much. I love you. You mean the world to me.”

Sam's world shattered! Then he cried for the person who lived for him. His Mother.
That's the end of the story “A son & mother”........

My dear students,

Thanks for reading part 1 of this story more than 100 times. But reading & feeling is not everything. Take care of your mothers, to whom you are the world.....they are the most precious gifts  from the Almighty.........

Love you always,
Ma'am
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:26:50 AM by Farhana Helal Mehtab »

Offline tamim_saif

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Part 2: Story of “A son & mother”
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »
this story really depicts the real picture of our so called modern sociecty.

we think and ask question about the time when we were just born, who were besides us?

who were besides us when we were unable to walk, to eat, to live ourselves?????

how can we be so selfish?????????????????????

Today or Tomorrow we will be father or mother.

Then ???????????

SO DONOT SAY EVEN "UHHH"WORD FOR OUR DEAREST PARENTS.

Offline Farhana Helal Mehtab

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
Thanks Saif for mentioning the real picture. In fact, we are very ungrateful. Its true. It has come in the holy Quran several times. I'm mentioning some from there.

Man is Ungrateful.........

Surah Ibrahim : Ayah 34

"And He gives you of all that you ask Him; and if you count Allah's favors, you will not be able to number them; most surely man is very unjust, very ungrateful."

Surah Bani Israel : Ayah 67

"And when distress afflicts you in the sea, away go those whom you call on except He; but when He brings you safe to the land, you turn aside; and man is ever ungrateful."

Surah Hajj : Ayah 66

"And He it is Who has brought you to life, then He will cause you to die, then bring you to life (again); most surely man is ungrateful."

Surah Ash-Shura : Ayah 48

"And surely when We make man taste mercy from Us, he rejoices thereat; and if an evil afflicts them on account of what their hands have already done, then-surely man is ungrateful."

Surah Az-Zukhruf : Ayah 15
"And they assign to Him a part of His servants; man, to be sure, is clearly ungrateful."

Surah 'Abasa : Ayah 17
"Cursed be man! How ungrateful is he."

Surah Al-'Adiyat : Ayah 6
"Most surely man is ungrateful to his Lord."

Offline saratasneem

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
We should take care of our parents.