Why DIU isn’t listed in International Association of Universities ?

Author Topic: Why DIU isn’t listed in International Association of Universities ?  (Read 4432 times)

Offline R i Y a D

• View Profile
I have been looking for some scholarship programs in Sweden and got an entry requirement that I must have been awarded a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognized university. The university must be listed in the latest edition of the International Handbook of Universities.

So I took a look over there and found that my university hasn’t yet been registered as a member.

So if there’s anyone who can help me with this will be highly appreciated.

Entry requirements Link
https://www.studera.nu/studera/1662.html

International Association of Universities Link
http://www.iau-aiu.net/members_friends/mem_membinst1.html#Bangladesh
Mahmudur Rahman
RF Optimization Engineer
Radio Network Planning & Optimizations
ZTE Corporation Bangladesh Limited
[email: riyad_ete@yahoo.com]

debashish

What is our problem? Why we are not in the list?

Offline R i Y a D

• View Profile
In a few days we are gonna meet the new world with what we've learnt from this university and convey the message how good this university really is. So if you are thinking about something better for this university then look to few important facts that could really bring a change for university and for students. There are a lot to think beside teaching and maintaining the administrative tasks. Ensure the successive future for students and obviously that will bring everything for university whether it is reputation for excellence or superiority. 

I heard about an issue few days back that our FSIT, especially ETE and CSE are seeking acceptance from Engineer's Institute and as far as I know still it’s not confirmed, might not be in progress. After completing graduation each of us will be proud if we can put an engineer title before our name but it’s not possible until we bring that approval from EI. So my message is to all who belongs to this responsibility.

Try to give us your best level and I promise on behalf of all students that we'll bring the best for this university.
Mahmudur Rahman
RF Optimization Engineer

debashish

Thanks Riyad, you shared an important matter for our university. This is a matter for our university's image outside our country if we are listed in "International Association of Universities". If they put the name of our university than this will create a good impression internationally. 

AIESEC one of the world's recognized students' organization. Present in over 107 countries and territories and with over 45,000 members. AIESEC is the world's largest student‐run organisation. They focused on providing a platform for youth leadership development, AIESEC offers young people the opportunity to be global citizens, to change the world, and to get experience and skills that matter today.  In Bangladesh four reputed universities such as - North South University, BRAC University, Independent University Bangladesh, American International University Bangladesh are listed with them. I personally tried and contact with them to engage our university, that will create a good impression internationally as well but can't.

Hope our authority will consider these matters.

Thanks.

Offline Md. Iqbal Bhuyan

• View Profile
Re: Why DIU isn’t listed in International Association of Universities ?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:25 PM »
Dear Mr. Riyad:
Your information is totally wrong. Daffodil International University is certainly listed in the latest edition of the International Handbook of Universities. I graduated from DIU and got the offer letter from Umea University, Sweden (one of the largest universities in Sweden) in the Autumn semester-2009. Many students of DIU has also got offer letter from Swedish Universities in this year and they are already in Sweden. Please surf the following link and find the name of Daffodil International University in the latest edition of the International Handbook of Universities:

http://www.iau-aiu.net/onlinedatabases/list.html

http://www.iau-aiu.net/onlinedatabases/list_data/b-nw.html#Bangladesh

The link you mentioned in your post is the link of the members' list of International Association of Universities. And you have mismatched the term "listed universities in the International Handbook of Universities" with "the members of International Association of Universities".

Now come to the question of Membership of International Association of Universities. Only four universities of Bangladesh is member of IAU, namely- Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology, American International University-Bangladesh, The Independent University of Bangladesh, and Islamic University of Technology. It is the precondition for being a member of  IAU that "the Applying institutions must have graduated at least three cohorts." I hope that DIU will apply for the membership of International Association of Universities just after holding its 3rd Convocation, i.e.,  graduating at least three cohorts.

If you have a good CGPA, strong motivation letter (not required for all university), and fulfillment of other prerequisites, I assure you that you will get the offer letter.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:49:25 PM by Md. Iqbal Bhuyan »

Offline R i Y a D

• View Profile
Dear Md. Iqbal Bhuyan

Thanks for your kind co-operation about this topic. ya its true that i mismatched with the terms but when i was surfing then those link was provided regarding the issue.

But its true DIU isn't a member of the International Association of Universities so far and so my topic title goes with it and the problem i was facing back in MAY 2010 is mismatched with wrong informations. So you could say "partially wrong" instead of saying "totally wrong"

However thanks and i'll be in touch.
Mahmudur Rahman
RF Optimization Engineer