10 ways to spend leisure time.

Author Topic: 10 ways to spend leisure time.  (Read 4350 times)

Offline tasnim_eco

• Faculty
    • View Profile
10 ways to spend leisure time.
« on: May 13, 2013, 03:01:52 PM »

1. Spend your free time resting or sleeping

While some may prefer to spend it on fun or exciting activities, if you are tired during your waking hours then getting some quality rest can be the best thing to spend your free time doing.

2. Catching up on your reading

If you're an avid reader, then you could spend your free time catching up on those books that you haven't had the time to read. Keep them in an area that you have easy access to and enjoy.

3. Clean or fix up your home

Being busy can make it hard to get your home tidy and clean. Try doing some housecleaning or rearranging of the rooms in your home.

4. Exercise and physical fitness

It's always good to keep your body healthy. Go for a walk or visit the gym in your free time. Good health can make all other aspects of your life better including your work.

5. Relax and calm your mind

Meditating or relaxing in some other way can help clear your mind and make you feel better. You can also visit a sauna or get a massage to help you relax in your free time.

6. Catch up on your bills

Doing your finances is always good to do. If you've got some extra time, try doing your bills and making sure you're aware of where all your money is going.

7. Watch some television

You don't have to do something productive in your free time. Instead, just sit back and watch a movie or some television. Free time doesn't have to be about more work, try renting a favorite movie and relax.

8. Surf the internet

The internet is full of fun and interesting things. Visit your favorite websites and learn new things in your free time. You can also play some online games and just enjoy yourself in your free time.

9. Visit some friends or family

Working too much can take away from your loved ones. Try calling some of them and having a chat, or organizing an outing to spend and bond with your friends and family.

10. Cook a great meal

Find a recipe and get the ingredients and cook yourself a nice meal. Making yourself a great meal can be very satisfying. Share it with your family and loved ones and you've got a great way to spend your free time.

Offline munna99185

• Faculty
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: 10 ways to spend leisure time.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:55:06 AM »
I do agree with your thoughts.

Sayed Farrukh Ahmed
Assistant Professor
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University

Offline jas_fluidm

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »
Exercise and physical fitness will get the priority.

Offline Omar Faruk Mazumder

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
Leisure Time

In asking the question 'what is the best way to spend your leisure time', you will undoubtedly get a variety of different answers. Some people might even reply 'What leisure time?' Not really a surprising response considering most of us live such busy lives. Work, school, and taking care of our families are just a few things that keep most of the people extremely busy. If you really can  find some leisure time you will probably want to think how you spend your free time very carefully.

A great number of people will tell you when they have leisure time they use it in a productive way either mentally or physically. Taking care of projects left undone, completing crosswords puzzles they didn't have enough time for, reading books, articles or material they need to catch up on for work purposes or school, and running odd jobs are just a few ways people who feel they always have to be doing or accomplishing something will spend their leisure time.

On the other hand, many people enjoy simply doing not much of anything, especially physical or mental if they find themselves with some free time. People who feel this way about their free time will tell you they live to take a relaxing vacation, catch up on some much-needed sleep, curl up with a book, have lunch with a friend, participate in or watch a sport they love and so on. For the most part, these people feel that leisure time is a time to 'recharge their batteries' doing what relaxes them the most, usually something that they thoroughly enjoy that doesn't involve a lot of mental or physical exertion.

So, to answer the question... there is really no best way to spend your leisure time. It is all a matter of your own personal choice and preferences as to finding the best way to spend your free time. The truth of the matter is we all need leisure time to rejuvenate and nurture our inner selves to cope with our busy lives. It is essential for our well-being to take some much needed time and 'smell the roses' whenever the opportunity presents itself. It's not so much how you choose to spend your free time, as long as you spend it doing something you really love and enjoy that will make it worthwhile until the next time you can manage to have some leisure time again.

Omar Faruk
Sr. Admin Officer (VC Office)

"Rabbi Zidni Ilma"
May Allah help to increase us with knowledge that benefits. Ameen.

Offline tasnim_eco

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »
Thank you all for admitting the facts..

Amin Tasnim
Lecturer
BBA

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
All the thing I can do but bellow item I am not interested

2. Catching up on your reading
6. Catch up on your bills
7. Watch some television
9. Visit some friends or family

I am interested No 8. Surf the internet is my mind.

Cooking : Also I can Making my self.............!!!

Thank you mam for sharing its good statement to pass a Leisure Time

Offline gour2010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »
Hello................
I do agree with your thoughts........but what is the problem if think about your GOD!
This is my opinion.

Gouranga Chandra Debnath
Senior lecturer
Department of Business Administration
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University

Offline tasnim_eco

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:55:54 AM »
Thank you all for your posts. I do agree with Gourango sir. yes we can pray to God in our leisure time..and this is the best way to spend time. May God bless us all.

Amin Tasnim
Lecturer
BBA

Offline nmoon

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »
Thank you for remembering "Pray our God". We must spend sometimes everyday for our God.

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
Agreeing with all of you I would like to add one of my own way of spending leisure. 'Roam around without any destination to reach'. It helps refresh your mind and lessen stress, although being dependent on where and how and when you are roaming around. Anyway, I love doing it.
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University

Offline sayma

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
good thinking by all...various ways are coming out all of yours opinions..thank u for sharing!

Offline Rozina Akter

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Great ideas we are having from these posts....keep posting...

Thanks
Rozina Akter
Lecturer
BBA
Rozina Akter
Assistant Professor
Department Of Business Administration

Offline Farhananoor

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »