The Island of Life Quotes

Author Topic: The Island of Life Quotes  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Md. Al-Amin

• "Yes"
    • View Profile
The Island of Life Quotes
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »
It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
    Paulo Coelho
Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
    Kahlil Gibran
Light does not come from light, but from darkness.
    Mircea Eliade
To have solely one thought, but it to be capable to destroy the universe.
    Mircea Eliade
I ask constantly of all men whether life may not be poetic as well as stupid?
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers.
    Hans Christian Andersen
We always have a tendency to see those things that do not exist and to be blind to the great lessons that are right there before our eyes.
    Paulo Coelho
What I love most about this crazy life is the adventure of it.
    Juliette Binoche
With the rain, falls the wisdom of heaven.
    Paulo Coelho
To strive with an equal is dangerous; with a superior, mad; with an inferior, degrading.
    Seneca
Be loving towards yourself, then you will be able to love others too.
    Osho
What is a teacher? I'll tell you: it isn't someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover what she already knows.
    Paulo Coelho
It's only those who are persistent and willing to study things deeply, who achieve the master work.
    Paulo Coelho
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
I would rather die standing up, than live life on my knees.
    Emiliano Zapata
I want to walk through life instead of being dragged through it.
    Alanis Morissette
It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction.
    Pablo Picasso
I'm at a time in my life that for me to go back to work it has to be something I feel really passionate about; otherwise I'm not as interested.
    Nicole Kidman
We all need to feel that we are contributing value to the lives of others.
    Dan Brule
Better late than never.
    Livy
Suffering of any kind is a very clear and unmistakable sign that we have abandoned love.
    Dan Brule
For our discussion is on no trifling matter, but on the right way to conduct our lives.
    Plato
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.
    Fran Lebowitz
The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performanceof this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it.

There is only one failure in life possible, and that is not to be true to the best one knows.
    George Eliot
Out of chaos God made a world, and out of high passions comes a people.
    Lord Byron
Theories are patterns without value. What counts is action.
    Constantin Brancusi
For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction.
    Lord Byron
The best things in life aren't things.
    John Ruskin
The unexamined life is not worth living.
    Socrates
The busy have no time for tears.
    Lord Byron
Man's love is of man's life a part; it is a woman's whole existence. In her first passion, a woman loves her lover, in all the others all she loves is love.
    Lord Byron
Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
    Antoine De Saint-Exupery
The 'good old times' - all times when old are good.
    Lord Byron
There is a principle which is the basis of things, which all speech aims to say, and all action to evolve, a simple, quiet, undescribed, undescribable presence,dwelling very peacefully in us, our rightful lord: we are not to do, but to let do; not to work, but to be worked upon.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
What's the world's greatest lie?... It's this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate.
    Paulo Coelho
As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities.
    Henry Ford
Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
    Socrates
Life is short, and it is here to be lived.
    Kate Winslet
Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.
    Lord Byron
We study ourselves three weeks, we love each other three months, we squabble three years, we tolerate each other thirty years, and then the children start all over again
    Hippolyte Taine
Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.
    Kahlil Gibran
Because only man is capable to laugh, that means laughter is the highest point of consciousness, the highest point of understanding,the highest point of evolution. That's why I have started calling laughter "the prayer time."
    Osho
Even after a bad harvest there must be sowing.
    Seneca
The ability to let go and to accept life is the key of happiness.
    Dan Brule
When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.
    Paulo Coelho
We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.
    Paulo Coelho
Most people guard against going into the fire, and so end up in it.
    Jalal-Uddin Rumi
Time is life itself, and life resides in the human heart.
    Michael Ende

It is very certain that the desire of life prolongs it.
    Lord Byron
How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.
    Paulo Coelho
In life you need either inspiration or desperation.
    Tony Robbins
Life well spent is long.
    Leonardo da Vinci
Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life.
    Dalai Lama
Our chief want in life is somebody who shall make us do what we can.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
What difference does it make how much you have? What you do not have amounts to much more.
    Seneca
It's quite difficult for me to imagine my life without chess.
    Garry Kasparov
A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation.
    Neale Donald Walsch
All methods of meditation are nothing but methods to help you to remember the art of let-go. I say remember, because you knew it already. And you know it still, but that knowledge is being repressed by the society.
    Osho
Feelings do not grow old along with the body. Feelings form part of a world I don't know, but it's a world where there's no time, so space, no frontiers.
    Paulo Coelho
To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life.
    Robert Louis Stevenson
Life can seem short or life can seem long, depending on how you live it.
    Paulo Coelho
In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost.
    Dante Alighieri
Death is our constant companion, and it is death that gives each person's life its true meaning.
    Paulo Coelho
What kind of living can be out of fear? Once the armor is dropped you can live out of love, you can live in a mature way.
    Osho
Sometimes the best of gods gift's arrive by the shattering of all the window panes.
    Paulo Coelho
Life is a series of commas, not periods.
    Matthew McConaughey
A free life cannot acquire many possessions, because this is not easy to do without servility to mobs or monarchs.
    Epicurus
Love can never possess. Love is giving freedom to the other. Love is an unconditional gift, it is not a bargain.
    Osho
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
    Kahlil Gibran
Give what you have. To someone it may be better than you dare to think.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
When we are no longer children we are already dead.
    Constantin Brancusi
We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.
    Iris Murdoch
You are what you believe yourself to be.
    Paulo Coelho

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
    Buddha
To find yourself, think for yourself.
    Socrates
Life is nothing but an opportunity for love to blossom.
    Osho
My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel a ton of pleasure and very little pain - and because of your lifestyle, have the people around you feel a lot more pleasure than they do pain.
    Tony Robbins
To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.
    Leonardo DiCaprio
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
    Paulo Coelho
In order to please others, we loose our hold on our life's purpose.
    Epictetus
We should not moor a ship with one anchor, or our life with one hope.
    Epictetus
Age is opportunity no less than youth itself, though in another dress,
And as the evening twilight fades away
The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.
Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
    Voltaire
Join with those who sing songs, tell stories, enjoy life... because happiness is contagious. Join those who walk with their heads high even when they have tears in their eyes. Avoid those who... have never shed a tear.
    Paulo Coelho
You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible.
    Anton Chekhov
Life's enchanted cup sparkles near the brim.
    Lord Byron
Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.
    Victor Hugo
The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity.
    Lord Byron
Without love a man is just a body, an empty temple without the deity. With love the deity arrives, the temple is no more empty.
    Osho
That it will never come again is what makes life sweet.
    Emily Dickinson
Everyone on earth has a treasure that awaits him.
    Paulo Coelho
The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
    Paulo Coelho
Whenever a new situation presented itself, you had to remain cool and distant.
    Paulo Coelho
Finding one important thing in your life doesn't mean you have to give up all the other important things.
    Paulo Coelho
Smiles form the channels of a future tear.
    Lord Byron
Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside.
    Alexander Pope
Life is a game. Money is how we keep score.
    Ted Turner
Life all comes down to a few moments. This is one of them.
    Charlie Sheen

Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.
    Paulo Coelho
I like the good life too much, I'm not good at going on stage night after night and on wet Wednesday afternoons.
    Anthony Hopkins
The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather in spite of ourselves.
    Victor Hugo
The primitive magician, the medicine man or shaman is not only a sick man, he is above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has succeeded in curing himself.
    Mircea Eliade
Every man passes his life in the search after friendship.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.
    Paulo Coelho
It is said that the darkest hour of the night comes just before the dawn.
    Paulo Coelho
As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.
    Leonardo da Vinci
If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.
    Emile Zola
I love life because what more is there.
    Anthony Hopkins
Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen - that stillness becomes a radiance.
    Morgan Freeman
The crude product of nature, the object fashioned by the industry of man, acquire their reality, their identity, only to the extent of their participation in a transcendent reality.
    Mircea Eliade
You have only a short period of time in your life to make your mark, and I'm there now.
    George Clooney
Life is the flower for which love is the honey.
    Victor Hugo
Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart.
    Paulo Coelho
He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
    Paulo Coelho
As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.
    Seneca
Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realise that nothing really belongs to them.
    Paulo Coelho
We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.
    Paulo Coelho
Fall in love. Love is the only redeeming force. Love is the savior.
    Osho
All that counts in life is intention.
    Andrea Bocelli
It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.
    Vince Lombardi
I left the ending ambiguous, because that is the way life is.
    Bernardo Bertolucci
The truth is that life is delicious, horrible, charming, frightful, sweet, bitter, and that is everything.
    Anatole France
A single moment of love is equal to the whole eternity of love.
    Osho
Laughter is such a healthy exercise. Somebody is laughing - that's perfectly good exercise, join him. Somebody is being playful - if you have time, join him.
    Osho
Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time.
    Miguel Angel Ruiz
A happy life consists in tranquility of mind.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn't know it.
    Paulo Coelho
People are never satisfied. If they have a little, they want more. If they have a lot, they want still more. Once they have more, they wish they could be happy with little, but are incapable of making the slightest effort in that direction.
    Paulo Coelho
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
    Antoine De Saint-Exupery
No human thing is of serious importance.
    Plato
It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.
    Napoleon Hill
Be like the fountain that overflows, not like the cistern that merely contains.
    Paulo Coelho
Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
    Lord Byron
Nothing kills the ego like playfulness, like laughter. When you start taking life as fun, the ego has to die, it cannot exist anymore.
    Osho
The joy of life is not a profane type of enjoyment: it reveals the bliss of existing, of sharing in the spontaneity of life and the majesty of the world.
    Mircea Eliade
Of all the things which wisdom acquires to produce the blessedness of the complete life far the greatest is the possession of Friendship.
    Epicurus
Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn't have the courage to say "yes" to life?
    Paulo Coelho
Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
    Paulo Coelho
Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.
    Leonardo da Vinci
Life always sends us angels to help at every step along the way.
    Dan Brule
Seventy percent of success in life is showing up.
    Woody Allen
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    Bill Hicks
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
    Miguel de Cervantes
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.
    Hans Christian Andersen
Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.
    Paulo Coelho
Hold fast to life and youth.
    Elizabeth Arden
Your daily life is your temple and your religion. When you enter into it take with you your all.
    Kahlil Gibran
he two basic items necessary to sustain life are sunshine and coconut milk.
    Dustin Hoffman
People give flowers as present because flowers contain true meaning of love.
    Paulo Coelho
That's life - to turn each other on, to feel good, to feel in love.
    Laura Dern
Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it.
    Greta Garbo
The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
    Buddha
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau
The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
    Vince Lombardi
The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first.
    Ginger Rogers
Being a slave to the conditioned mind causes us to keep cycling through periods of pain and pleasure, joy and suffering, love and hate.
    Dan Brule
We humans have two great problems: the first is knowing when to begin; the second is knowing when to stop.
    Paulo Coelho
If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry.
    Paulo Coelho
Love is the door, it is irrelevant with whom you have fallen in love. Love redeems, neither Jesus, nor Krishna. Love redeems.
    Osho
Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead-that's where your future lies.
    Ann Landers
Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life.
    Avril Lavigne
And on the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.
    Michel de Montaigne
A man is ethical only when life, as such, is sacred to him, that of plants and animals as that of his fellow men, and when he devotes himself helpfully to all life that is in need of help.
    Albert Schweitzer
For pleasures past I do not grieve, nor perils gathering near; My greatest grief is that I leave nothing that claims a tear.
    Lord Byron
People want to change everything and, at the same time, want it all to remain the same.
    Paulo Coelho
The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you.
    Tony Robbins
Life is just a journey.
    Princess Diana
Life is too short for a long story.
    Mary Wortley Montagu
In order for us to liberate the energy of our strength, our weakness must first have a chance to reveal itself.
    Paulo Coelho
Be crazy! But learn how to be crazy without being the center of attention. Be brave enough to live different.
    Paulo Coelho
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.
    George Eliot
Life has no blessing like a prudent friend.
    Euripides

People come into your life and people leave it... you just have to trust that life has a road mapped out for you.
    Orlando Bloom
He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
    Buddha
Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death.
    Buddha
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.
    Gilda Radner
Truth is more peculiar than fiction. Life is really a startling place.
    Mira Nair
Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.
    Tony Robbins
Of all things which wisdom provides to make life entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship.
    Epicurus
Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take is the worst of suffering.
    Paulo Coelho
Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.
    Ovid
Our life is an apprenticeship to the truth that around every circle another can be drawn; that there is no end in nature, but every end is a beginning; that there is always another dawn risen on mid-noon, and under every deep a lower deep opens.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
    Anne Sexton
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
One must have something to die for in order to have something to live for.
    Carlos Castaneda
There is no instinct like that of the heart.
    Lord Byron
I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge.
    Igor Stravinsky
If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid.
    Paulo Coelho
Real spirituality is the greatest rebellion there is. It is risky, it is adventurous, it is dangerous.
    Osho
It is always far easier to have faith in your own goodness than to confront others and fight for your rights.
    Paulo Coelho
The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
    Paulo Coelho
Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.
    Hans Christian Andersen
Let go, and move closer to existence in silence and peace, in meditation.
    Osho
Relax, let go. But remember only one thing: You are a witness.
    Osho
I can only say that whatever my life and work have been, I'm not envious of anyone-and this is my biggest satisfaction.
    Roman Polanski
I think in life we want to challenge ourselves.
    Charlize Theron
While we are postponing, life speeds by.
    Seneca

The only thing he ought to consider, if he does anything, is whether he does right or wrong, whether it is what a good man does or a bad man.
    Plato
Who loves, raves.
    Lord Byron
A prayer couched in the words of the soul, is far more powerful than any ritual.
    Paulo Coelho
If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
    Bruce Lee
I do not like the man who squanders life for fame; give me the man who living makes a name.
    Emily Dickinson
I argue thee that love is life. And life hath immortality.
    Emily Dickinson
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
    Marilyn Monroe
The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.
    Lord Byron
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
    Pablo Picasso
None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.
    Paulo Coelho
Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.
    Amelia Earhart
The Breath of Life (Spiritual Breathing) is revealing itself to be the driving force at the heart and the cutting edge of this coming leap in human development.
    Dan Brule
With every lost hour, a part of life perishes.
    Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
The heart will break, but broken live on.
    Lord Byron
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
    Henry David Thoreau
I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It's all a question of how I view my life.
    Paulo Coelho
If you believe in victory, then victory will believe in you.
    Paulo Coelho
A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.
    Paulo Coelho
I shot an arrow in the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where.
People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.
    Paulo Coelho
No man enjoys the true taste of life, but he who is ready and willing to quit it.
    Seneca
My kids are young and my life with them is really stimulating and really full and significant.
    Jodie Foster
When someone leaves, it's because someone else is about to arrive.
    Paulo Coelho
It's not the men in my life, but the life in my men.
    Mae West
Everything, absolutely everything on this earth makes sense, and even the smallest things are worthy of our consideration.
    Paulo Coelho

Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.
    Paulo Coelho
To be able to look back upon ones life in satisfaction, is to live twice.
    Kahlil Gibran
How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on.
    Antoine De Saint-Exupery
At every moment of our lives, we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss.
    Paulo Coelho
Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
    Voltaire
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise.
    George Gershwin
I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.
    Tony Robbins
To see far is one thing, going there is another.
    Constantin Brancusi
Truth is a gem that is found at a great depth; whilst on the surface of this world, all things are weighed by the false scale of custom.
    Lord Byron
Dream and love are just words - until you decide to experience them.
    Paulo Coelho
To withdraw myself from myself has ever been my sole, my entire, my sincere motive in scribbling at all.
    Lord Byron
Is not life a hundred times too short to bore ourselves?
    Friedrich Nietzsche
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
    Paulo Coelho
The end of life is to be like God, and the soul following God will be like Him.
    Socrates
Each man should frame life so that at some future hour fact and his dreaming meet.
    Victor Hugo
There is only one way to learn. It's through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.
    Paulo Coelho
It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
    William Somerset Maugham
Opinions are made to be changed - or how is truth to be got at?
    Lord Byron
No mud can soil us but the mud we throw.
    James Russell Lowell
Certain things in life simply have to be experienced -and never explained. Love is such a thing.
    Paulo Coelho
The ideal man bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of circumstances.
    Aristotle
Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.
    Saint Augustine
Worthy or not, my life is my subject, and my subject is my life.
    Giacomo Casanova
For after all, the best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.
As long as you have not grasped that you have to die to grow, you are a troubled guest on the dark earth.
    Mircea Eliade

It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary.
    Paulo Coelho
When you say yes, the universe helps you.
    Dan Brule
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
    Abraham Lincoln
It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly. And it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life.
    Epicurus
It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men.
    Mae West
My life is very crazy and busy, but I love it that way.
    Hilary Duff
Each man must look to himself to teach him the meaning of life. It is not something discovered: it is something molded.
    Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
    Paulo Coelho
There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.
    Paulo Coelho
Man's real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.
    Edgar Allan Poe
When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things happen in their lives everyday; that the sun rise.
    Paulo Coelho
Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.
    Gilda Radner
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
Spirituality is your original face; it is the discovery of your intrinsic nature.
    Osho
Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.
    Constantin Brancusi
My life is a lovely story, happy and full of incident.
    Hans Christian Andersen
If your conscious and subconscious minds are not aligned, then fulfilling your heart's desire will be a constant struggle, and living your dream will be next to impossible.
    Dan Brule
Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.
    Paulo Coelho
There is nothing more important in life than love.
    Barbra Streisand
Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art.
    Miguel Angel Ruiz
What makes life dreary is the want of a motive.
    George Eliot
Trust not yourself, but your defects to know, make use of every friend and every foe.
    Alexander Pope
It's always something...
    Gilda Radner
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
    Dalai Lama
Death is a door to God. Those who knows how to die know how to enter into God. Clingers clinging to life never know what God is.
    Osho
If you are going to doubt anything in life, doubt your own limitations.
    Dan Brule
Everything which is done in the present, affects the future by consequence, and the past by redemption.
    Paulo Coelho
If I must fall, may it be from a high place.
    Paulo Coelho
Whatever happens in life is fine - just trust in that.
    Orlando Bloom
Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    Paulo Coelho
I had too many big passions in life and it gets in the way of work. You can't concentrate properly on the one thing.
    Omar Sharif
To have joy one must share it. Happiness was born a twin.
    Lord Byron
Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken.
    D. H. Lawrence
There is alwayas a gap between intention and action.
    Paulo Coelho
If you take too long in deciding what to do with your life, you'll find you've done it.
    George Bernard Shaw
As soon as there is life there is danger.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
All you have to do is to pay attention; lessons always arrive when you are ready, and if you can read the signs, you will learn everything you need to know in order to take the next step.
    Paulo Coelho
The life so short, the craft so long to learn.
    Hippocrates
The object of art is to give life a shape.
    William Shakespeare
And, after all, what is a lie?'Tis but the truth in a masquerade.
    Lord Byron
It is a common saying, and in everybody's mouth, that life is but a sojourn.
    Plato
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    Oscar Wilde
Don't forget that everything you deal with is only one thing and nothing else.
    Paulo Coelho
Nothing lasts within the heart. Even the most certified conviction can be annulled by a single gesture.
    Mircea Eliade
Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
    Kahlil Gibran
People never learn anything by being told, they have to findout for themselves.
    Paulo Coelho
To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation.
    Paulo Coelho
We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.
    Lord Byron
Live the life you've dreamed.
    Henry David Thoreau
We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one.
    Jacques Yves Cousteau
You never know what life is like, until you have lived it.
    Marilyn Monroe
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.
    Lord Byron
Remember, meditation will bring you more and more intelligence, infinite intelligence, a radiant intelligence. Meditation will make you more alive and sensitive; your life will become richer.
    Osho
The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred.
    Soichiro Honda
You are someone who is different, but who wants to be the same as everyone else. And that in my view is a serious illness. God chose you to be different. Why are you disappointing God with this kind of attitude?
    Paulo Coelho
My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.
    Michel de Montaigne
What does learning mean: accumulating knowledge or transforming your life?
    Paulo Coelho
The most difficult thing in life is to know yourself.
    Thales
A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short.
    Bertrand Russell
Read more at http://www.quoteoasis.com/topics/life_quotes_13.html#vSyu6BhWTkuBmXKP.99

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:58:22 PM by al-amin »

Offline jas_fluidm

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: The Island of Life Quotes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:55:57 PM »
thanks for this post

Offline Khandoker Samaher Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the post. P. Coelho is awesome.
Khandoker Samaher Salem
Lecturer (ACCT)
Dept. of Textile Engineering, FE
samaher@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline tasnuva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing.
Tasnuva Ali
Senior Lecturer
Department of ETE