Famous Quotes Garden

Author Topic: Famous Quotes Garden  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Md. Al-Amin

• "Yes"
    • View Profile
Famous Quotes Garden
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
    Kahlil Gibran
Why is it that nobody understands me and everybody likes me?
    Albert Einstein
Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
    Epictetus
I love singing - singing is what I'm famous for doing. Now it's turned into things I am famous for doing - like having rows with my mum or about my boyfriend, so it does get irritating.
    Charlotte Church
We are all born sexual creatures,thank God, but it's a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift.
    Marilyn Monroe
The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
    Albert Einstein
I don't mind being burdened with being glamorous and sexual. Beauty and femininity are ageless and can't be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; it's based on femininity.
    Marilyn Monroe
I love to do the things the censors won't pass.
    Marilyn Monroe
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.
    Kahlil Gibran
For famous men have the whole earth as their memorial.
    Pericles
If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.
    Marilyn Monroe
You are what you believe yourself to be.
    Paulo Coelho
Plato was a bore.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Love is trembling happiness.
    Kahlil Gibran
I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.
    Marilyn Monroe
The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.
    Marilyn Monroe
There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance with such amarvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
For me, getting comfortable with being famous was hard - that whole side of it, the loss of anonymity, the loss of privacy. Giving up that part of your life and not having control of it.
    Michelle Pfeiffer
Let us beware of saying that death is the opposite of life. The living being is only a species of the dead, and a very rare species.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
More and more I come to value charity and love of one's fellow being above everything else... All our lauded technological progress--our very civilization--is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal.
    Albert Einstein
And this do I call immaculate perception of all things: to want nothing else from them, but to be allowed to lie before them as a mirror with a hundred facets.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything one learned in school.
    Albert Einstein
The doer alone learneth.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Friedrich Nietzsche
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
    Albert Einstein
If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.
    Marilyn Monroe
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
    Marilyn Monroe
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
    Albert Einstein
People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.
    Paulo Coelho
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
    Albert Einstein
It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far.
    Marilyn Monroe
I want to teach men the sense of their existence, which is the Superman, the lightning out of the dark cloud man.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.
    Paulo Coelho
We had such a wonderful set of circumstances in Wilmington. Yes, the four of us became famous literally overnight, but we were in a small town and we always knew when people were coming down. We always knew when to behave.
    Katie Holmes
When you look long into the abyss, the abyss looks into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The masters have been done away with; the morality of the common man has triumphed.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Whenever you are angry, be assured that it is not only a present evil, but that you have increased a habit.
    Epictetus
I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.
    Marilyn Monroe
Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors... Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.
    Albert Einstein
Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Superman - a rope over an abyss.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"
    Epictetus
Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The grand aim of all science is to cover the greatest number of empirical facts by logical deduction from the smallest number of hypotheses or axioms.
    Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
    Albert Einstein
The most common lie is that which one lies to himself; lying to others is relatively an exception.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.
    Epictetus
Eddie in costume and make-up with that famous laugh, the minute the cameras started rolling, he became each character. It was amazing!
    Janet Jackson
Christianity makes suffering contagious.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The only real valuable thing is intuition.
    Albert Einstein

No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Most people go on living their everyday life: half frightened, half indifferent, they behold the ghostly tragi-comedy that is being performed on the international stage before the eyes and ears of the world.
    Albert Einstein
I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
    Epictetus
I learned to walk as a baby and I haven't had a lesson since.
    Marilyn Monroe
Keep silence for the most part, and speak only when you must, and then briefly.
    Epictetus
Being famous hasn't changed my perception of myself - I've just grown up.
    Cat Deeley
No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?
    Albert Einstein
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
    Paulo Coelho
We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least once.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Wit is the epitaph of an emotion.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
You don't have to have an attitude if you're famous.
    Adriana Lima
What is the seal of attained freedom? - No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
    Paulo Coelho
You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
    Albert Einstein
One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
    Albert Einstein
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called 'Ego'.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Love simply is.
    Paulo Coelho
Diamonds are a girls best friend.
    Marilyn Monroe
If I must fall, may it be from a high place.
    Paulo Coelho
What is evil? - Whatever springs from weakness.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious - the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
    Albert Einstein
The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff.
    Britney Spears
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
    Marilyn Monroe
Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
    Albert Einstein
Death. The certain prospect of death could sweeten every life with a precious and fragrant drop of levity- and now you strange apothecary souls have turned it into an ill-tasting drop of poison that makes the whole of life repulsive.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!
    Friedrich Nietzsche
What is Genius? - To aspire to a lofty aim and to will the means to that aim.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
I have been very happy, very rich, very beautiful, much adulated, very famous and very unhappy.
    Brigitte Bardot
The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
    Paulo Coelho
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    Albert Einstein
The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream.
    Marilyn Monroe
When I was going for my graduate degree, I decided I was going to make a feature film as my thesis. That's what I was famous for-that I had my thesis film be a feature film, which was You're a Big Boy Now.
    Francis Ford Coppola
The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
    Paulo Coelho
It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
    Paulo Coelho
I could have been a dental hygienist with nothing bad ever appearing in print about me, but that's not how I've chosen to lead my life. I knew that you put yourself under a microscope the more famous you become.
    Julia Roberts
Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy.
    Justin Timberlake
Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust - we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.
    Albert Einstein
You never know what life is like, until you have lived it.
    Marilyn Monroe
We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.
    Marilyn Monroe
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
    Marilyn Monroe
Only sick music makes money today.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
There are two things a real man likes - danger and play. And he likes women because she is the most dangerous of playthings.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.quoteoasis.com/topics/famous_quotes.html#CB3m1F8MXWjmYoXp.99

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:50:18 PM by al-amin »

Offline jas_fluidm

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Quotes Garden
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »
thanks for this post

Offline Khandoker Samaher Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the post
Khandoker Samaher Salem
Lecturer (ACCT)
Dept. of Textile Engineering, FE
samaher@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline jabedmorshed

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
Nice collection.
Jabed Morshed
Lecturer,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering

Offline tasnuva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
Good post.
Tasnuva Ali
Senior Lecturer
Department of ETE
Daffodil International university

Offline nawshin farzana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 08:00:35 AM »
nice post

Offline jas_fluidm

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »
this one I remember always:

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
    Paulo Coelho

Offline kaushik.swe

• View Profile
    • Site at DIU
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
1. You are what you believe yourself to be.
    Paulo Coelho
2. The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
    Albert Einstein
3. Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything one learned in school.
    Albert Einstein
4. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
    Albert Einstein
5. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
6. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
    Paulo Coelho

Some of my favorites. The 2nd and 3rd are funny though.

Thanks for the post.. i did not know  "Marilyn Monroe" has that many famous quotes..
Kaushik Sarker
Associate Head & Assistant Professor
Department of Software Engineering, FSIT
Daffodil International University