DIU Student! Expert in Disaster Management and Psychosocial Support!

Author Topic: DIU Student! Expert in Disaster Management and Psychosocial Support!  (Read 3189 times)

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Dear All,

First of all God and then I must salute students for instant initiatives during today’s fire at Prince Plaza. It’s me and my 6 years baby (who just came to visit me all of sudden today) received a great rescue event from our beloved student. Moreover they became psychosocial support provider at the same time and reduced possibilities of mental traumas at out side gathering in person and over phone still now. Faculty members and employees have also played an efficient role all the way.

At this point I would like to propose university authority to congratulate all student, faculty members and employees of Prince Plaza in general and particular award for special students who really played an extra ordinary role to manage the disaster without any injury and lose.

We will arrange kind of awareness program from CDC on disaster management like fire, earthquake etc and hope to arrange fire demonstration jointly with fire service dept. centrally.

We really need to learn techniques for safe living in this beautiful world.

Regards,

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
Re: DIU Student! Expert in Disaster Management and Psychosocial Support!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:06:38 AM »
Showing gratefulness to the Almighty, thanks to all to be safe & being save others. It was a dangerous disaster in Daffodil University history. But we didn't become afraid, we didn't lose our courageousness. The all student shows their empathy rather sympathy. We love our University. 
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: DIU Student! Expert in Disaster Management and Psychosocial Support!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:19 AM »
Yes, you are very much correct Shahin. I believe Death, Disease and Disaster (3D Situation* I’m presenting and providing training on psychosocial support around disaster management for last 5 years with the same philosophy) can unfold humanitarian qualities always.

May be all these situations help us to re-think lot of things that normally we never think. Anyway, still we have lot of work to do for keeping our beloved students and university safe. I would like to propose for organizing students and others who are traumatized or need psychological support to cope with the situation still.

No one is alone at this moment.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU