Iftar Distribution by Students

Author Topic: Iftar Distribution by Students  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Tahsina

• Test
    • View Profile
Iftar Distribution by Students
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
In this holy month of Ramadan I have attended couple of 'Iftar Parties' (don't know why I never could like this term, makes me feel the two words don't go together). So when our English Department student, Mizan, at Uttara Campus came and mentioned 'Iftar,' I was expecting something similar. But no! He had obviously something else in his mind. The students planned to distribute iftar among the people living in the slum areas of Uttara. I appreciated and told him that I would definitely be there. The group of students raised the money, bought iftar items, packed the food and was ready for the distribution on 29th July 2013. Four faculty members (Antara, Nuruzzaman, Rafi and me) accompanied the group. We went to Kamarpara and handed over the packs to men, women and children in the area.
It was a very noble gesture on the part of the students. They taught us the true meaning of Ramadan by sharing a little happiness with the have-nots.   

Tahsina Yasmin
Associate Professor
Department of English, DIU

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Iftar Distribution by Students
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
Dear Tahsina:

This kind of activity is appreciating. I was also invited by Mizan. But unfortunately, I missed the chance to be with the people who show their kindness in this Ramadan.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:17:18 PM by Shampa Iftakhar »

Offline Tahsina

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »
Better be there next time! I heard that this is the first time and hope there will be more.  :)
Tahsina Yasmin
Associate Professor
Department of English, DIU

Offline A.S. Rafi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »
I highly appreciate this kind of initiatives and am really proud my students took one!
Abu Saleh Md. Rafi
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil International University.

Offline farahdina

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
Dear Tahsina Madam,

Thank u for sharing the pictures. Really they did a great job and reminded us the true meaning of Ramadan again. I wanted to be there but couldn't and really feeling down for that. :(

Tamanna Farahdina