DIU purchases 10 Acre of land at Ashulia for Permanent Campus

Author Topic: DIU purchases 10 Acre of land at Ashulia for Permanent Campus  (Read 18455 times)

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Daffodil International University purchases 10 Acre of land at Ashulia for permanent Campus

Daffodil International University made an agreement with Amin Mohammad Group for purchasing 600 katha’s (i.e 1000 decimal/ 10 Acre) of land for building its own permanent campus at Ashulia on June 20, 2010. With a view to establishing a permanent campus with all modern and latest educational facilities including Physical infrastructure, Residential Hall, Library, Cafeteria,Auditorium, Play ground, Swimming pool, mosque and Gymnasium.    Daffodil International University made this agreement to ensure the students the world class quality education. This would be the country’s one of the largest campus first ever for any private University in Bangladesh.  

Dr. Mohammad Fokhray Hossain, Registrar, Daffodil International University and Mr. Telayet Hossain, Executive Director (Marketing) signed on the agreement on behalf of their respective institutions.
Mr. Md. Sabur Khan, Chairman, Board of Governors, Daffodil International University and Alhajj M.M. Enamul Haque , Chairman & Managing Director, Amin Mohammad Group exchanged the agreement between them. During the signing ceremony Prof. Dr. Aminul Islam, Vice Chancellor, Prof. M. Sahjaahan Mina, Advisor, Faculty of Business & Economics and Mr. Zakir Hossain Tutul, Senior Executive Director, Mr. Engineer Aminul Karim Siddiquee, Senior Executive Director (Operation) of Amin Mohammad Group and other high officials were present.  

Permanent Campus of DIU

Daffodil International University (DIU) has recently purchased more than 10 acres of land at Ashulia Sarnali project (near Uttara), Savar, Dhaka for building its permanent campus. The architectural designing of the campus is in progress.

The project will be implemented in four phases and it will have administrative blocks, assembly halls, departmental faculties and an ICT centre. The permanent campus will consist of modern facilities for lectures, meetings, group activities, student organizations and religious observances. It will not only comprise swimming pool, basket ball court, tennis court, play ground, cafeteria but also include medical facilities, state of the art IT resources, fully equipped science laboratories and performance spaces. The campus will be 100% Fiber Optic Network and Wifi enabled. For ensuring all sorts of facilities there will be on-campus shopping facility which will be run only by students so that they may avail themselves of part time job and earn money while studying. Residential halls will also be constructed for students. Within four years, DIU will start some, if not all, departments in the new location.

Currently, Daffodil International University has five (05) modern building complexes in the city of Dhaka. The facilities include academic and administrative establishments, residential spaces for female students and faculty, a rich library with a huge collection of books, e-books, journals and e-journals, computer labs, located in the heart of capital city, Dhaka (Dhanmondi). DIU is approximately 25 minutes away from the site of the permanent campus. Three routes can be used for this location- 1) Through  'Gaabtoli i.e Dhaka - 'Aricha' road, 2) from 'Uttara' i.e Airport Road, and 3) Mirpur  Rokeya Sarani  which will be ready within 1 year. The present running buildings, owned by DIU, will be city’s campus where all facilities will also exist. DIU Transportation System will ensure the movement of students and teachers between the two campuses.

The site for the future campus of Daffodil International University is situated on 10+ acres in the serene, clam and quiet, green and open atmosphere free from the hustle and bustle of Dhaka city.  The master plan for the campus is being designed by an internationally renowned architectural firm. When built, the campus will be a world-class facility ensuring quality education, security and comfort.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:10:01 AM by Shamim Ansary »

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
We are overjoyed.

Daffodil is one more step forward to reach its goal...
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

debashish

Its really a great news for us. Hope like this our beloved DIU will keep ahead in every steps.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
This would be the country’s one of the largest campuses ever made for any private University in Bangladesh.  
Three cheers to DIU!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:17:35 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Nushrat Nahida Afroz

• View Profile
i was reading the prothom alo,suddenly my eyes  stucked a page containing the news of DIU purchased 10 Acre land for its own new campus.i was too happy at that day.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:05:35 PM by Nushrat Nahida Afroz »

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
We are really Happy This decision.
we are thinking our university is first full Online based  Private university in Bangladesh.
But We have need Unique  and Beautiful  Permanent  Campus.
Where we fell Very Happy and proudly said it is our university campus.

May be my classmates  and me can not see our main campus before our Graduation.
But we fell very happy .................................

আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline Rashed_019

• View Profile
we are really happy to know that
..................... :D

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
I am very sure & hope forward to see the project as a success.........................................
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

debashish

Dear Riyad, we always do wrong, hope in future we will also do wrong. We always forgot our position. We don't look our position but we are very much conscious to appreciate others. We are studying in this university, we should respect our university, you can easily underestimate DIU but at the end you will take the certificate from this university, nothing will happen to DIU, all will happen in your life. No one said that come DIU and take admission, you have way to admit another university, no one will say don't go. In this competitive market, DIU have a demand and better than many university. I do believe very soon we will take the 1st position. University is working hard to build permanent campus at Ashulia and it would be the largest for any private university in Bangladesh. Who can say, one day DIU can purchase land anywhere in Bangladesh or outside Bangladesh for their students. Students are the 1st priority to DIU. We will get permanent campus at Ashulia but did you ever think that some universities build their permanent campus through by taking extra money (campus development fee) from the students’ upto 10-15 year at a rate of 5000-6000 tk. We are lucky and proud to be as a student of DIU that we didn't need to give any extra fee for permanent campus. DIU is always very much conscious about students’ facilities. So, I am proud to be as a student of DIU. We all should respect our beloved university. Try to uphold the good image of DIU.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:17:13 AM by debashish »

Offline Al Mamun Bhuiyan

• View Profile
This is very good news for us.

Offline kaisar hamid

• View Profile
That is very good news for all DIU students,

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
The objective of financial management is cost minimization and wealth maximization.
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shaikat

• Its simple..
    • View Profile
This is a great news for all DIU family members...
Moheuddin Ahmed Shaikat
Administrative Officer
Department of CSE
Daffodil International University

Offline tasnim_eco

• Faculty
    • View Profile
that is a great news, so when will we be able to shift at that campus ?

Offline Golam Kibria

• Working for a better life
    • View Profile
    • Golam Kibria
Re: DIU purchases 10 Acre of land at Ashulia for Permanent Campus
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 11:32:24 AM »
  I thanks the authrity for that. it is a good news for all student of DIU and i request the authority, please give so many information like that and i also  request the authority to build up the facilities  so fast in our main campus asulia.
Golam Kibria
ID:101-11-1373 (BBA)
Asst.Offic, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute
Ex.Lecturer,SEBGC
Email : golam_1373@diu.edu.bd
http://www.golamkibria.com
Mob:01843674226
Digital University: http://www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Bangladeshi Poems, Novels and history: http://www.trulybangladesh.com