When you love cooking…

Author Topic: When you love cooking…  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Rozina Akter

• Test
    • View Profile
When you love cooking…
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »
Poached golda chingri with a coconut reduction
This dish has very distinct flavours especially because of the creamy sauce with hints of green chilli. This coriander paired with the golda chingri dish is divine.
Quick note: be careful not to over reduce the coconut milk to a point where it starts to separate and eventually evaporates, leaving only the oil. This will result in the loss of the creamy texture!
Ingredients:
400ml coconut milk
10 green chilli, split
1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
3 golda chingi, large
Salt to taste
Method:
Remove the head of the golda chinri and keep aside. Remove the shell from the body. Add coconut milk to a pan, increase the heat to medium and stir the milk briskly, add the green chilli, 1 tsp salt and only the stems of the fresh coriander.
Add the golda chingris in the coconut milk and cook for 3-4 minutes, or wait for it to change colour. As the colour changes remove chingri from the coconut milk and set aside. Add the heads of the chingri at this point. Stir constantly while reducing to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
Check the salt. The milk will reduce in volume and become thicker; like a sauce It will bubble more and more as it reduces.  As soon as it achieves a creamier, thicker, consistency dip a spoon in the pan. If your sauce coats the spoon, it is done. Strain the sauce and keep aside.
Place each chingri on a plate and spoon ever 3 tablespoons of the reduced coconut. Serve with ‘kagoji’ lime slices and steamed rice.
Beef Steak and oyster mushroom salad with creamy sesame salad dressing
I created this particular recipe while trying to replicate a dish I regularly have at my favorite Japanese restaurant in Dhaka. Although I didn’t match the exact dish as the beef and mushrooms are cooked differently in the original recipe. Trust me when I say this is scrumptious!
Ingredients for mushroom salad:
2 tsp rice vinegar (you can find it in Gulshan 1 market or Korean Mart)
2 tsp olive oil
1½ tsp sugar
2 tsp grated onion
2½ tbs ground white sesame seeds (soak the sesame seeds over night)
2 tsp mayonnaise
Half packet oyster mushrooms (roughly 7-8 pieces), sliced
1 tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp salt
Method:
Heat a pan and add the vegetable oil; when hot add the mushrooms and salt, stir fry for 2 minutes. Take off heat and keep aside. Add all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the mixture with the mushroom.
Note: The mushrooms should not be drenched.
Ingredients for the beef steaks:
150-200g steaks
50g butter
Method:
Heat the butter in a pan. Lightly season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Fry the steaks on each side for 4 minutes. Take the steaks off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into bite size slices.
To Serve:
On a plate place two or three leaves of lettuce, place the mushroom salad on top of that. On the side dress the plate with the beef slices.
Rozina Akter
Assistant Professor
Department Of Business Administration

Offline irina

• View Profile
Re: When you love cooking…
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »
You are a good cook, I see.