The Forum is not for posting only but for interactions!

Author Topic: The Forum is not for posting only but for interactions!  (Read 4771 times)

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
The Forum is not for posting only but for interactions!
« on: June 27, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
Dear All,

May be you will not disagree with me that forum is not for posting only but for interactions!

By means of this mail I would like to request you all for interacting productively and hope our posting and online facilitation will be helpful to keep the forum interactive very much for meeting strong learning and growing objective.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: The Forum is not for posting only but for interactions!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
The motto of the Forum is to convey and share  the constructive idea(s) (through positive discussion), that is expected to come from every corner of DIU.

Not only the onlooker or silent browser, the Forum wishes active contribution from all---whether it be rational reaction/ opinion (of any post) or positive input that may assist the Forum users.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
Forum should be a platform of sharing ideas and positive interactions among DIU communities.
Only interactions can give the forum real flavor.

M. Ziaul Haque Sumon
Sr. Administrative Officer
Career Development Center, DIU

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
extra should be considered extra
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
Dear Raju Bhai
I would like to share something with you. This is my personal observation that students who are involved too much in co-curricular activities are not good students at DIU. The prime duty of a student is to study, first of all, then comes extra curricular responsibilities. If a student is very good in sports or event management or presentation, but his or her CGPA is below 3, he or she is probably not going to get a good job anywhere. Even students having CGPA 3.8 or more are not getting internship nowadays quickly. I would like to mention the name of Fahmi who waited more than 2 months to get internship.

Of course, extra curriculum is very important for a student to lean many things and to grow. But they have to make sure that they have to study, first and foremost, then they should try to excel in other activities.  I was a very good sports person, i used to play cricket and football in inter-school and college competitions. I became first in essay competition and impromptu speech competition. But i knew too much involvement in those activities could hamper my studies and i didn't let it happen so.  I also remember that i wasted a lot of time in being a member of a communist party that gave wrong vision with wrong actions.

That's why we took a decision that to become a member in the debating club, a student has to maintain a certain CGPA. Students should excel in studies first, then comes co-curricular activities. Take for example: Sumon was a good student; he is a good presenter too.

We should motivate our students as such and let's not ill-empower them..

Warmly,
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:35:25 PM »
Yes Shibli Bhai I am very much with you and let’s plan something to motivate students similarly.

So far practicing a simple math or story about “GREAT ONE” for long time during training and classes from my end:

Good Student with Good Result can get “1” from me without any hesitation, then for singing well she/he can get a beautiful egg or “0” right side of “1” that makes the figure” 10”. And then he can get more and more eggs for sports, dance, acting, behaving well and so on…… where he or she can hold huge credit like, 1, 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, 1000000,……. 10000000000000000000000000000000000…….

Finally the exiting math can be equals to zero or total zero without the great”1”.

Please note that it takes 1 to 30 min considering audience and situation you can create!

Thanks for knocking me always.

Developmentally yours,

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »
I have read the raju sir & shibli sir post with urge. There is no doubt about the necessity of study. The method great "1" & after many "0" is really touch me.  I have also come to know the principal of forum. I'm sorry to my both teacher to share an experience. I'm in 4th semester & I’m a good student but I don't have good result. I am interested about other activity & often I try to do it.  My experience is that the hard schedule of our semester does not allow us to do anything accept study. I think, You both are agree about the magic "0" which will be take after the great"1". In my class I don't find a single students ever we have start our study in our beloved University is ready to do other activity rather study. My question is to my Raju sir & shibli sir, is the great "1” is enough for us?

It's very unfortunate that often after the conversation in forum we come to agree on an event & we say “we should do it" but it never happen (the conversation decision). So, what is the out come of our conversation?
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »
Dear Shahin,

I don’t mean to be satisfied with “1” but to earn more “0”s may be. The intention to tell the story is to emphasize quality education that comprises of all of those we are discussing here.

Take care,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »
Dear sir
Thank you. Often you set good example for us. In my post I have mention my experience about my class. Do you like tell something about magic"0", so that beside regular study they start to do co-activities.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »
Very rational opinion from Shibli Sir and very organized & stimulating "1" & "0" theory from Raju sir. I comply with both of them including Mr. Shahin, who shared his own experience and aspiration.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
Dear Shibli Sir and Raju Sir:

I am completely agreed with you.

And giving suggestions to all the students club authority to look after their students study status regularly.
And of course they should maintain a standard CGPA for recruiting members and executives.

When I was the president of the DIU debate club I strongly maintained this standard,  as a result so far, maximum achievements of the club  came into the time of my committee . And that time I found two of my beloved teacher as moderator 1. Maruf Reza Sir and 2. Shibli Sir. I am grateful to both of them for their support.

Regards
Sumon

M. Ziaul Haque Sumon
Sr. Administrative Officer
Career Development Center, DIU