Scholarships and Awards

Author Topic: Scholarships and Awards  (Read 2406 times)

Offline alamgir_1703

• View Profile
Scholarships and Awards
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »
In our university we have many awards and scholarships for the students.Such as Dean's list, VC's list, Best student of the year and so on. These awards are given on the basis of CGPA.Those students who have highest CGPA are getting these kinds of awards.

This is highly appreciable but at present (in a competitive environment) CGPA is not only the indicator of best students or getting awards. Now a days Co- Curriculam activites are very important.This is why the Authority should consider the Co- Curriculam activities of a students while granting scholarships or awards. The contribution of a students in his/her department, club activitis, participation in workshops and seminers, Forum activities should also be strongly considered to select the best student,VC's list and Deans list.

There are many students in the university with the CGPA of 3.60-3.70 and they are participating in different program and thier performance is leading the branding of DIU.They also desrves thier recognitions.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:55:20 AM by alamgir_1703 »

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarships and Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »
Sounds good, Mr. Alamgir. . I appreciated you suggestion. Some of us always attend the seminar, workshop etc. The authority should think about it and who are not regular authority should cancel their initiative.

Some days ago, I have read a post named "      be a member of forum ". Mr. Shibli sir said, who are not member of forum, authority will cancel their scholarship. I don't know how far they will go. Wish you all the best. 
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »
I think That This post is not send this group

may be under the link post this grate scholarship based post.

Scholarship

please forward it for all scholarship hunter
thanks
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 04:58:49 PM »
DIU graduates willing to pursue MBA at DIU will get scholarship from 15% to 100%
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline saja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:11 PM »
Thanks university authority for providing waiver for ex DIU students to get MBA degree.

Offline tree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
Dear sir,
W are known about the scholarship but we need a workshop or any things else which is help us what is actually scholarship and how we will get it and our varsity how to help us.