Quality of students in DIU

Author Topic: Quality of students in DIU  (Read 5115 times)

asim_078

Quality of students in DIU
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to congratulate all the students who have been maintaining the consistency of good result in DIU. No doubt that it is our first duty, but what about others. Faculty members are giving their best, we get enough resources from our library. But still few students don't get good marks in the exam, as well as they don't pay attention in the class. So as a result we see they don't give exam on time and always look for improvement or retake courses.

I would like to know, is there any rules for us that,"If a student get below CGPA 2.00 in 3 semesters, he/she will have to show cause for giving bad performance."

Thanks
Sheikh Asimuzzaman
BBA 19th batch
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:10:26 PM by asim_078 »

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
Re: Quality of a student in DIU
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:13:33 PM »
Brother Asim

Thank you to focus this issue.  It is not our own problem. Remember about your previous institution & other institution. There will be always like this. You can't stop this.

We are now in the level of University & got  maturity. You can't stop them from their own business. You often see that our teacher try to understand us the importance of study. They try with various practical examples also.So that it influence on those  student.

A good friend or a helpful group study becomes helpful for them as best. It's our duty to help them.

I appreciate your opinion. The subject or name of this post is really nice but the enter post is conflicted with the subject. Your subject name indicating the total student situation but you have post for some student who does not doing well in the examination. I think it will better to change the subject name.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:15:43 PM by kazi shahin »
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
Re: Quality of students in DIU
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 11:25:20 PM »
Thank you Mr. Asimuzzaman,

You try to focus the quality of students & quality depends on result. I want to say that you are absolutely wrong. Result is not only a component to measure of quality of a student. And a quality student’s, first duty is not making a good result only.
Those students are not getting good marks in exam, don’t give attention in class, don't give exam on time, and looking for improvement or retake it’s their personal problem. It’s not a problem of quality students of DIU.

You would like to know, is there any rules for us that, “If a student get below SGPA 2.00 (not CGPA) in 3 semesters, s/he will have to show cause for giving bad performance."

I hope there is not any rules in DIU, what you like to know. And, I also think that there is not required this kind of rules.

Dear friend, we are university going student. Only we are responsible for our result & future.

Wish you best of luck & Happy Friendship Day.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com
Daffodil International University

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
Thank you for your post Mr. Sheikh Asimuzzaman. I also feel like you. On the other hand, Mr. Kazi shahin is also commented very nicely.  I appreciate both of you.

I would like to say some problem and recommend some suggestion.

1. Why do students fail in the examination?

2. Why do not the entire students get good G.P.A?

Suggestion:
I have seen at the East West University (EWU), if any student does not attend less than 80% class in any subject, authority does not allow him to complete that subject. It is followed strictly at EWU.

I have learned a message from Saud Ahmed sir; some days ago, he said that Nortor Dem College authority always the emphasis on learning properly for the student. Whatever lecturer tech them, every student understands and learns appropriately. Students always follow their excellence. They do not emphasis on good result or CGPA.

I suggest that if any student fails 3 semesters respectively, they are restricted from the University.

I have observed few semesters that some lecturer has got more than 3 or 4 different subject but she/he does not prepare herself/himself. It is possible only, if he/ she are expert in the entire different subject. 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:19:07 AM by ashiqbest012 »
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

debashish

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 10:01:48 AM »
Thanks all of you.

After completing HSC successfully, students take admission in different university for higher education. So, I think a student should give priority on his/er study first rather than extra curriculum activities. Every semester all the students get registered for their courses, some students can't get registered their offered courses sometimes but when class starts most of the time average students  is 25-30, wheres seat capacity is 45 in every class. These 10-15 students from every class just attend 5-6 classes of the whole semester. They don't submit any assignment, presentation, mid-term, final also. They also don't carry any bag, book, copy, even ID card. But they are present all the time in the university campus. How we will call them student? They engage themselves in extra curriculum activities but not in study. So how can we will expect an average result?  I appreciating because they are doing extra curriculum activities but they should give priority study first than others activities. Some renowned universities students organize more extra curriculum activities in their campus but they always give priority study first.

My dear friend Kazi Shahin you said "Remember about your previous institution & other institution. There will be always like this. You can't stop this. We are now in the level of University & got  maturity. You can't stop them from their own business." but it is stoppable.

Dear Limon you said "You try to focus the quality of students & quality depends on result. I want to say that you are absolutely wrong. Result is not only a component to measure of quality of a student. And a quality student’s, first duty is not making a good result only." I know everyone isn't same. Some have the talent, Some have the idea to apply, Some have huge knowledge, but as a student if anyone do his/er study regular, attend the class regular, I do believe that  s/he will get average marks. No chance to fall down from the average marks. Because a huge number of marks a student can get easily from attendance, assignment, presentation.

Ashiq said well, if we imply the same rule like EWU to make sure that a student have to attend 80% in the class. In our university it should be 90%. Otherwise s/he can't attend in both midterm and final.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:38:02 PM by debashish »

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »
Dear All,
A University student is enough matured. If s/he has no interest about study no one can do anything for that person by imposing rules or by force. If a matured person’s mentality is not matured then nothing is impossible. But sometimes it is needed to take some initiatives for them. I think teachers can motivate a student perfectly and it is the best way to motivate a student. If teachers take this as a responsibility, really there must have some results. Parents or friends can also play a vital role in this regard. At the same time the University authority also take any steps like imposing rule and stickiness in attendance and exam so that the students become regular and sincere.
Wish very best of luck for all students of Daffodil International University.

Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
Thank you all n special thank Mr. kazi shahin...I agree with you.

For me i think The quality of good students today is as good as any good students of the past. Good students  have always been good students.
quality of teachers may be related to improvements in student ... greater attention has been given to the role that teacher quality plays in student  ...
Even when measuring the effect of teacher quality  on student outcomes ... effectively both teacher and teaching quality translate into student outcomes
Students do not go to University just for learning things in the text. ... Having active and social lives increases overall quality ..
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline papon_banik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
I agree with you Bidita.
Papon Banik
ID: 082-11-530
Dept of BBA
D.I.U

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »
There is no doubt about the quality of our teacher. They are highly qualified. Their academic result is excitant & outstanding. It’s a great opportunity for us to find them. Now it’s our term to get maximum effort from them.  

Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 12:52:43 AM »
There is no doubt about the quality of our teacher. They are highly qualified. Their academic result is excellent & outstanding.

You are right MR. Shahin.
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
I agree with you that Our teachers are highly qualified but i don't mention that they are not good ...Please don't misunderstand that...I mentioned that
Even when measuring the effect of teacher quality  on student outcomes effectively both teacher and teaching quality translate into student outcomes....Yes all teachers are highly qualified. Their academic result is excellent & outstanding. ..But does their teaching style is always agreeable for students???

Mr. shahin i strongly agree with this sentences Now it’s our term to get maximum effort from them. 
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »
Dear all
I hope you know about our teacher evaluation. The student do the evaluation. If there is any problem you  have option to tell about the teacher. Please show your maximum respect.
There is no doubt about the quality of our teacher. They are highly qualified. Their academic result is excitant & outstanding. It’s a great opportunity for us to find them. Now it’s our term to get maximum effort from them. 

Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »
Dear Students:

Please take strong, imbiased & attentive part in Teachers' Evaluation. It pinpoints lacks (if somebody has)/strengths of a particular teacher and spur them to get better day by day.

However, teachers evaluation will be smarter and mandatory for the students in near future.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
Dear Shamim ansary sir

Thank you for your suggestion. It's really a tough time when you do the evaluation. There are lots of option in the evaluation time. How we can improve this fact?
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Teacher's Evaluation
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
I think the evaluation form is okay as some 9 or 10 points are included there. When I was a student, I found all these points relevant.

Furthermore, there is a place to put down comments/suggestions by the students at the bottom of the evaluation form, where students can easily adumbrate what kind a improvement/change the want from the teacher's part.

Yet you have some viable proposal, please let us know.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"