Eid Milad un Nabi or Prophet Birthday

Author Topic: Eid Milad un Nabi or Prophet Birthday  (Read 3999 times)

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Eid Milad un Nabi or Prophet Birthday
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »
Eid Milad un Nabi or Prophet Birthday: Bidah or Islamic?
inShare16

It is not permissible to celebrate (Jashn e Eid ) Milaad un Nabee (the birthday of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), nor the birthday of anyone else, since this is from the acts of bidah (innovations) that have been newly invented into the religion. Neither did Allaah's Messenger (Prescribed Laws) [pbuh], nor the Rightly Guided Khalifahs (Abubakr, Umar, Utham and Ali [May Allah be pleased with all of them]), nor the Companions, nor any of their followers from the first three excellent generations, celebrated this day - and they were the most knowledgeable of people concerning the Sunnah (the Prophetic guidance), and had the greatest love for Allaah's Messenger (pbuh) and were the foremost in following his Shareeah
It is known that our Prophet(pbuh) is the best of all the Prophets and the last of them and the most perfect of them with regards to conveying the Message and advising the people. So if celebrating his milaad (birthday) was a part of the religion that Allaah - the Most Perfect chose, then the Messenger(pbuh) would have most certainly explained it to his Ummah, or he would have celebrated it himself, or his noble Companions radiallaahu 'anhum would have celebrated it. However, since nothing like this happened, then we know that the celebration of milaad has nothing to do with Islaam whatsoever. Rather, it is from those innovations which the Messenger (pbuh)warned his Ummah from.

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu (May peace mercy and blessings of Allah be

I) THE YEAR OF HIS NOBLE BIRTH
According to the most correct opinion of the Scholars, the Prophet (pbuh) was born in the city of Makkah in the year of the Elephant (in the year 570 or 571CE), in the month of Rabee'ul-Awwal.
• Fifty five days after as narrated by Al-Haafidh Ad-Dimyaati Al-Shaafi'i
• A month (thirty days) after as narrated by Mughlatay Al-Hanafi
• Forty days after as narrated by Ibn Sayyid An-Naas Ash-Shaafi'i

II) THE DAY OF HIS BIRTH & DEATH
There is an agreement amongst the Scholars that the Prophet (pbuh)was born on a Monday, since he (pbuh) was asked about fasting on a Monday, and he said: "On that day I was born and on that day Revelation descended upon me."(Muslim (2/820) and Ahmad (5/297). However, as regards the exact date of his birth, then the Scholars have differed about thisImaam an-Nawawee (d.676H) - rahimahullaah- said: "There is on agreement that he was born on Monday in the month of Rabee'ul-Awwal. There is a difference of opinion whether this day was the 2nd, 8th, 10th or 12th day of the month - and these ore the four most well-known opinions concerning this."Tahdheeb Seeratun-Nabawiyyah (p.20) of Imaam an-Nawawee.
Prophet(pbuh) left this world on Monday morning, the twelfth of Rabi‘ Al-Awwal, in the eleventh year of Al-Hijrah. He was sixty-three years old when he died. (Sealed Nectar)

III) EVENTS AT THE TIME OF HIS BIRTH
Certain miraculous events are reported to have occurred at the time that the Prophet (pbuh) was born. However, most of them are not authentically related, rather they are da'eef (week) or mawdoo' (fabricated) and therefore cannot be relied upon as decisive proof; such as:

■ The narration which relates that some of the galleries of Kisraa's palace broke-up and collapsed,
■ That the sacred-fire of the Magians died-out and
■ That some of the churches on Lake Saawah collapsed and sank down.
Related by Imaam adh-Dhahabee in as-Seeratun-Nabawiyyah (pp. 11-14), who said: "This narration is munkar ghareeb (rejected).
However, it is authentically related that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "I am a result of the supplication of my father Ibraaheem and the glad-tidings brought by 'Isaa '(pbuh). And my mother - when she bore me - saw that a light shone out from her, which lit up the palaces in Syria ... "
al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (2/600) and Ibn Katheer in al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah (1/229) who said: "Its isnaad is good and strong." Refer to as-Saheehah (no.1545) of Shaykh al-Albaanee for a detailed discussion concerning its authenticity
IV) Definition of a festival in Islam or when should we celebrate?
 Let me quote to you a hadith:
Anas (radhi allahu anhu) said: “The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) came to Madeenah and the people of Madeenah had in Jahiliyah two days of play and amusement (they are the day of Niarooz (New Years Day) and the day of Maharajaan (Final Day of the Year). So, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "I came to you and you had in Jahiliyah two days of play and amusement. Indeed, Allah has replaced them for you by that which is better than them: The day of Nahr (slaughtering) and the day of Fitr (breaking fast)." [(saheeh) Musnad Ahmad (3/103, 178, 235 and others)]

The verdict of Islam is thus very clear. There are only two festivals in Islam, Eid al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr,

V) Allah says follow Quran & Messenger Teachings, prohibits innovations (Bidah) into religion
The commands mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah to follow the laws of Allah and His Messenger, and the prohibitions on introducing innovations (bidah) into the religion are quite clear.

Definition of Bidah: ((Linguistically bid'ah (innovation) means 'a newly invented matter'. The Sharee'ah definition of bid'ah is: "A newly invented way [beliefs or action] in the religion, in imitation of the Sharee'ah (prescribed Law), by which nearness to Allaah is sought, [but] not being supported by any authentic proof - neither in its foundations, nor in the manner in which it is performed)). Imaam ash-Shaatibee (rahima-hullaah) in al-I'tisaam of ash-Shaatibee (1/37)
Allah says in Quran:
1) "Say (O Muhammad to mankind): 'If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins'." [al 'Imran 3:31]
2) "Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord (the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad's Sunnah), and follow not any Awliya' (protectors and helpers who order you to associate partners in worship with Allah), besides Him (Allah). Little do you remember!" [Quran al-A'raf 7:3]
3) One day as The Prophet (s) sat with his companions, he drew a straight line in the dirt, he then drew a series of line branching off from either side of it. When the companions aasked him what it meant, ... he recited the following verse: "And verily, this is my straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His (Allah's) path." [al-A'nam 6:153] (Reported by Ibn Masood and collected by Nasai, Ahmad, and Darimi)
4) And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "The most truthful of speech is the Book of Allah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad, and the most evil of things are those which are newly-invented." And he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Whoever innovates anything in this matter of ours (i.e., Islam), that is not part of it will have it rejected." (Narrated by al-Bukhari, no. 2697; Muslim).
5) According to a version narrated by Muslim, "Whoever doe anything that is not in accordance with this matter of ours (i.e., Islam), will have it rejected."
6) Ibn e umar r.a said: Every innovation is an astray even if people understands it good.
7) Prophet (saw) said: "...Beware of newly invented matters, for every invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray, and every going astray is in Hell-fire." [Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar"] (Sunan An Nisai, Vol 2, Book 19, Hadith 1579, Sahih. Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi)
8) Abdullaah Ibn Masood (ra) - said: "Follow and do not innovate, for indeed you have been sufficed, and every innovation is misguidance." (Saheeh. Reported  in Az-Zuhd of Imam Ahmed p. 162, Ad-Daarimee (no. 211), Al-Bayhaqee in Madkhal (no. 204), Wakee' in Az-Zuhd (no. 315), Ibnut-Tararaanee in As-Sunnah (no. 104), Ibn Nasr in As-Sunnah (p. 23) and by Mujaahid in As-Sab'ah (p. 46))
9) Sufyaan ath-Thowree (rahima-hullaah) mentions:((Innovation is more beloved to Iblees than sin, since a sin may be repented from but innovation is not repented from)).
10) al-Fudayl bin 'Iyaad (rahima-hullaah) mentions:((I met the best of people, all of them people of the Sunnah and they used to forbid from accompanying the people of innovation
11) al-Hasan al-Basree (rahima-hullaah) mentions:((Do not sit with the people of innovation and desires, nor argue with them, nor listen to them)).

12) Imaam Maalik (d.179 AH) said about bidah: "Whoever thinks that there is such thing as a good innovation in Islam, has accused the Prophetصلى الله عليه و سلم of treachery because Allah said "This day I have perfected your religion...". So what was not religion then, is not religion today" (Al-'Itisaam as-Shaatibi 1/38) He also said, "How evil are the people of innovation, we do not give them salam
13) Imam Abu Haneefah said: You should adhere to the way of the Salaf, and beware of EVERY newly invented thing, for it is an innovation (bid’ah
14) Imam al-Bukhari said, "I have met more than a thousand scholars ... (then he named the more prominent in each of the lands he visited) and I found that they all agreed on the following points: ... they all used to prohibit bid'ah - that which the Prophet and his Companions were not upon, because of the saying of Allah, '...and hold fast to the rope of Allah and do not separate.' "

VI) Ways in which innovated birthday of prophet(pbuh) is celebrated
Among the reprehensible innovations that people have invented is the celebration of the birthday of the Prophet (pbuh) in the month of Rabi' al-Awwal. They celebrate this occasion in various ways:
■ Some of them simply make it an occasion to gather and read the story of the Mawlid, then they present speeches and qasidahs (odes) for this occasion.
■ Some of them make food and sweets etc., and offer them to the people present.
■ Some of them hold these celebrations in the mosques, and some of them hold them in their houses.
■ Some people in these gatherings involve in haram and reprehensible things, such as free mixing of men and women, dancing and singing, or committing actions of shirk such as seeking the help of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), calling upon him, seeking his support against their enemies and so on.
■ Some of them believe that Prophet (pbuh) is actually present at their milaad celebrations, so consequently the participants stand to greet & welcome him. However, this is from the greatest of lies & the worst form of ignorance, because Prophet(pbuh) shall neither come out of his grave before the Day of Judgement, nor will he meet anyone, nor attend their gatherings.
Whatever form it takes and whatever the intentions of those who do this are, there is no doubt whatsoever that it is an invented, haram innovation which was introduced after the three best centuries in order to corrupt the religion of the Muslims.
VII) Origin of Celebrating birthday of Prophet (pbuh)
This haram innovation was introduced by Shia Fatimid dynasty after the three best centuries in order to corrupt the religion of the Muslims. The first person to do this after them was the King al-Muzaffar Abu Sa'id Kawkaburi, the King of Irbil, at the end of the sixth century or the beginning of the seventh century AH, as was mentioned by the historians such as Ibn Khalikan and others.
Abu Shamah said: the first person to do that in Mosul was Shaykh 'Umar ibn Muhammad al-Mala, one of the well-known righteous people. Then the ruler of Irbil and others followed his example.
Al-Hafidh Ibn Kathir said in al-Bidayah wa'l-Nihayah (13/137), in his biography of Abu Sa'id Kawkaburi: "He used to observe the Mawlid in Rabi' al-Awwal and hold a huge celebration on that occasion … some of those who were present at the feast of al-Muzaffar on some occasions of the Mawlid said that he used to offer in the feast five thousand grilled heads of sheep, ten thousand chickens and one hundred thousand large dishes, and thirty trays of sweets … he would let the Sufis sing from Dhuhr until Fajr, and he himself would dance with them."
Ibn Khalikan said in Wafiyat al-A'yan (3/274): "When it is the first of Safar they decorate those domes with various kinds of fancy adornments, and in every dome there sits a group of singers and a group of puppeteers and players of musical instruments, and they do not leave any one of those domes without setting up a group (of performers) there.
The people give up work during this period, and they do no work except going around and watching the entertainment. When there are two days to go until the Mawlid, they bring out a large number of camels, cows and sheep, more than can be described, and they accompany them with all the drums, songs and musical instruments that they have, until they bring them to the square… On the night of the Mawlid there are performances of nashids after Maghrib in the citadel."
This is the origin of this celebration on the occasion of the Prophet's birthday. More recently idle entertainment, extravagance, and wasting of money and time have become associated with an innovation for which Allah has not sent down any authority.
Celebration of Milad un Nabi via Juloos (procession) started first in undivided-India (prior to independence) in lahore, Pakistan on 5th July 1933/12th Rabbi ul awwal 1353.
Ahsan writes in the newspaper of famous novelist Naseem Hijazi : In Lahore the 1st Eid-e-Miladun Nabi procession/juloos was taken out for the first time on 5th July 1933/12th Rabbi ul awwal 1353. For this license was taken from the britishers (Newspaper Kohistan 22 July 1964). The Milad un Nabi procession was taken out by muslims citing the reason that hindus and Sikhs take out procession of their leaders, so even we have to do the same (Newspaper Kohistan 22 July 1964).
So the reason to start milad un nabi procession was clearly to follow the foot stpes of non-muslims even though:
Prophet (pbuh) said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them." (narrated by Ahmad, 2/50; Abu Dawud, 4/314). And he said, "Be different from the mushrikin."(narrated by Muslim, 1/222, no. 259) – especially with regard to things that are the symbols or rituals of their religion
Muslim should not do any action until they know the ruling of Allah concerning it.
 Celebrating the occasion of the birthday of the Prophet (pbuh) is forbidden and is to be rejected for a number of reasons:
1 – Celebration not part of Sunnah: It is not part of the Sunnah of the Messenger (pbuh) or of the khalifahs who succeeded him. Since this is the case, then it is a forbidden innovation, because the Prophet (pbuh) said: "I urge you to follow my Sunnah and the way of the rightly-guided khalifahs after me; adhere to it and cling to it firmly. Beware of newly-invented things, for every newly-invented thing is an innovation (bid'ah) and every innovation is a going-astray." (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/126; at-Tirmidhi no. 2676).

"This day, I have perfected your religion for you." [al-Ma'idah 5:3]
Adding something extra and claiming that it is a part of the religion, but the Messenger (pbuh) did not bring this.
 "By remembering the death of Beloved peace be upon him, companions could not celebrate with shocked hearts (of people). So they did not celebrate mawlid neither they were dis hearted in the grief of death". [Meelad un Nabi, Chapter no: 7, Page no:454 Minhaj ul Quran Publications]   
Sahabah who were the most knowledgeable and the best people. Therefore, it is a duty upon Muslims to reject this act.
2 – Celebrating the birthday an imitation of the Christians: because they celebrate the birth of the Messiah isa ibn mariam (pbuh). Imitating them is extremely haram. The hadith tells us that it is forbidden to imitate the kuffar, and we are commanded to differ from them. The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them."(narrated by Ahmad, 2/50; Abu Dawud, 4/314). And he said, "Be different from the mushrikin." (narrated by Muslim, 1/222, no. 259) –
. The Prophet (pbuh) forbade going to extremes in praising him, as he said: "Do not extol as the Christians extolled the son of Maryam. For I am just His slave, so say, the slave of Allah and His Messenger (abduhu wa rasuluhu)." (narrated by al-Bukhari, 4/142, no. 3445; al-Fath, 6/551
 Allah says"O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" — and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him." [al-Nisa' 4:171]
Our Prophet (pbuh) forbade us to exaggerate concerning him lest the same thing happen to us as happened to them, so he said: "Beware of exaggeration, for those who came before you were destroyed because of exaggeration." (narrated by an-Nasa'i, 5/268; classed as sahih by al-Albani in Sahih Sunan al-Nasa'i, no. 2863).
A small Bid'ah leads to a big Bid'ah, a small sin leads to a big sin, then the sinner becomes pleased with his sin until he considers it permissible and he becomes destroyed! A classic example of this is the incident which occurred during the time of the Sahaabah:
'Amr ibn Salmah said, "We used to sit by the door of Abdullah ibn Mas'ood before the morning prayer, so that when he came out we would walk with him to the masjid.  (One day) Abu Moosa al-Ash'aree came to us and said, 'Has Abu 'Abdur rahmaan come out yet?'  We replied, 'No.' So he sat down with us until he (ibn Mas'ood) came out.  When he came out we all stood along with him, so Abu Moosa said to him, 'O Abu Abdur rahmaan!  I have just seen something in the masjid which I deemed to be evil, but all praise is for Allaah, I did not see anything except good.'  He enquired, 'Then what is it?'  (Abu Moosa) replied, 'If you live you will see it.  I saw in the masjid people sitting in circles awaiting the prayer.  In each circle they had pebbles in their hands and a man would say, "Repeat Allaahu Akbar a hundred times."  So they would repeat it a hundred times.  Then he would say, "Say Laa ilaaha illallaah a hundred times."  So they would say it a hundred times.  Then he would say, "Say subhaanallaah a hundred times."  So they would say it a hundred times.'  (Ibn Mas'ood) asked, 'What did you say to them?'  (Abu Moosa) said, 'I did not say anything to them.  Instead I waited to hear your view or what you declared.'  (Ibn Mas'ood) replied, 'If only you had ordered them to count up the evil deeds they acquired and assured them that their good deeds would not be lost!'  Then we went along with him (Ibn Mas'ood) until he came to one of these circles and stood and said, 'What is this which I see you doing?'  They replied, 'O Abu Abdur rahmaan!  These are pebbles upon which we are counting takbeer, tahleel and tasbeeh.'  He said, 'Count up your evil deeds.  I assure you that none of your good deeds will be lost. Woe to you, O Ummah of Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam!  How quickly you go to destruction!  These are the Companions of your Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and who are widespread.  There are his sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam clothes which have not yet decayed and his bowl which is unbroken.  By Him in Whose Hand is my soul!  Either you are upon a religion better guided than the religion of Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam or you are opening the door of misguidance.'  They said, 'O Abu Abdur rahmaan!  By Allaah, we only intended good.'  He said, 'How many there are who intend good but do not achieve it.  Indeed Allaah's Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said to us, "A people will recite the Qur'aan but it will not pass beyond their throats."  By Allaah!  I do not know, perhaps most of them are from you.'  Then he left them."
5- False belief of prophet(pbuh) present in milad celebrations: One of the strangest matters also is that some of them believe that Allaah's Messenger(pbuh) is actually present at their milaad celebrations, so consequently the participants stand to greet and welcome him. However, this is from the greatest of lies and the worst form of ignorance, because the Messenger (pbuh) shall neither come out of his grave before the Day of Judgement, nor will he meet anyone, nor attend their gatherings. Rather, he shall remain in his grave until the Day of Judgement, whilst his noble rooh (soul) resides in the highest of places with his Lord in the home of the exalted, as Allaah - the Most High - said: "Then you shall surely die, then you shall be raised-up again on the Day of Resurrection." [Soorah al-Mu'minoon 23:15-16].
The Prophet (pbuh) said: "I will be the leader of the children of Aadam on the Day of Resurrection, and I will be the first for whom the earth will split open, and will be the first to intercede and the first whose intercession will be accepted." (Muslim (7/59), from Abu Hurayrah). So this noble aayah (verse) and this noble hadeeth - and those verses and ahaadeeth with a similar meaning - prove that the Prophet (pbuh) and others that have also died, will only come out of their graves on the Day of Resurrection. And this is a matter about which there is an agreement amongst the Muslim Scholars, there being no difference between them.

6. It causes hypocrisy and not love to grow in the heart: Hence, you will find the innovators, when it comes to the waajibaat they are negligent e.g  wear the dress which is not below the ankle,stop shaving the beard…., but when it comes to their Bid'ah they are the first in the queue!

7. It brings death to the Sunnah: That is why you will find that those who celebrate the Mawlid once a year, they rarely observe the Sunnah of fasting on Mondays.
Ibn Abbas (d.67 AH) said:"When Bid’ah is created then the Sunnah dies, and continues to die until Bid’ah is alive and the Sunnah is dead” (Tirmidhi 187).
 8. It causes chaos and divisions within the Ummah: No group has ever split from the Jamaa'ah except by way of an innovation. So when they return back to the Qur'an and Sunnah then Allah will give them back their honour and will establish them upon the Earth. Allah said:
"Allah has promised those amongst you who believe and do righteous actions that He will certainly grant them Khilafah (succession) on the earth, as He granted it to those before them; and that He will grant them authority to practice their religion, the one that He has chosen for them; and He will change their state from one of fear in which they lived to one of peace and security, providing they will worship Me alone, not associating any partner with Me. But whosoever disbelieves after this, then they are the rebellious ones." (Holy Qur’an 24:55)

IX) Discussing arguments of those who celebrate Mawlid
Those who think that this bid'ah should be continued produce specious arguments which are flimsier than a spider's web. These specious arguments may be dealt with as follows:

Prophet (pbuh) is constantly kept alive by the Muslim,such as:
► When his name (pbuh) is mentioned in the adhan
►When his name (pbuh) is mentioned in the iqamah
► When his name (pbuh) is mentioned in the khutbahs,
► Every time the Muslim recites the Shahadatayn after doing wudu
► Every time he sends blessings upon the Prophet (pbuh) in his prayers or when he(pbuh) name is mentioned, and
►Every time the Muslim does a wajib (obligatory) or mustahabb (recommended) action that was prescribed by the Messenger (pbuh).
 For Allah is not mentioned in the adhan, iqamah or khutbah except that the Messenger (pbuh) is mentioned after Him; this is sufficient veneration, love and renewal of his memory, and sufficient encouragement to follow him.
Allah did not refer to the birth of the Messenger (pbuh) in the Qur'an, rather He referred to his Mission, and says (interpretation of the meaning): "Indeed, Allah conferred a great favour on the believers when He sent among them a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves" [al 'Imran 3:124]
"He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves." [al-Jumu'ah 64:2].

Mawlid– They may say that celebrating the birthday of the Prophet (pbuh) is indicative of their love for him; this is one way of showing that, and showing love of the Prophet (pbuh) is prescribed in Islam!
 The answer to that is that undoubtedly loving the Prophet (pbuh) is obligatory for every Muslim; he should love him more than he loves himself, his child, his father and all the people – may my father and mother be sacrificed for him –. Loving him dictates that we should obey him and follow him, for that is one of the greatest manifestations of love, as it is said:
"If your love is sincere then obey him; for the lover obeys the one whom he loves."
Loving the Prophet (pbuh) implies keeping his Sunnah alive, adhering firmly to it, and avoiding words and deeds that go against it. Undoubtedly everything that goes against his Sunnah is a reprehensible innovation (bid'ah) and a manifest act of disobedience. That includes celebrating his birthday and other kinds of bid'ah. A good intention does not mean that it is permissible to introduce innovations into the religion. Islam is based on two things, purity of intention and following [the Prophet (pbuh)]. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's religion of Islamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (a doer of good) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." [al-Baqarah 2:112]
Submitting one's face to Allah means being sincere towards Allah, and doing good means following the Messenger and implementing the Sunnah.

Mawlid– Celebrating the Mawlid and reading the biography of the Prophet (pbuh) on this occasion, they are encouraging people to follow his example!
We say to them that reading the biography of the Prophet (pbuh)and following his example are required of the Muslim all the time, all year long and throughout his life. Singling out a specific day for that with no evidence for doing so is an innovation, and every innovation is a going astray. (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/164; at-Tirmidhi, 2676). Bid'ah does not bear any fruit but evil and it leads to a person distancing himself from the Prophet (pbuh).
We find in the biography great details about .but the birthday of the Prophet (pbuh) was never considered to be an important event in Islam. What is important however is his mission, his life, his path, his teachings, and his traditions.

Mawlid– Using as evidence the fact that many people in many countries do this and may quote: Ibn Mas’ud said: “Whatever the Muslims collectively deem as good is good with Allah and whatever the Muslims collectively deem as bad is bad with Allah”. How can such a large majority be wrong?
 This hadith has been taken out of context. The full hadith is:
“Allah looked into the hearts of mankind and found that the heart of Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the finest, so He chose him to be his beloved and sent him with His message. Then Allah looked into the hearts of everybody else and found that the hearts of Muhammad’s صلى الله عليه و سلم companions were the finest, so He made them succeed His Prophetصلى الله عليه و سلم and made them fight for His religion. Therefore, anything which the Muslims collectively deem to be good is good with Allah and anything which the Muslims collectively deem to be bad is bad with Allah.” (Ahmad 3600).
As- Sindhi said: “The ‘Muslims’ in this narration is obviously referring to the companions. Therefore, the consensus must be that of the companions and the consensus of others cannot be included, let alone the agreement of a single group of people on one opinion...”
The notion that the Ummah as a whole are united upon celebrating the Mawlid is a fallacy. The scholars of the Ummah never united upon misguidance, rather they spoke in refutation of this celebration ever since it’s invention. From them we have the likes of:
-
The prophetصلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Indeed the Jews split into 71 sects, all of them in the hell-fire except one. The Christians split into 72 sects, all of them in the hell-fire except one. My Ummah will split into 73 sects, all of them in the hell-fire except one, and it is the Jamaa’ah.” (Ibn Maajah 3992)
Here the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم is informing us that the majority of the Ummah will end up in the hell-fire.
Furthermore Abu Shaamah (d.665 AH) said: “The order to stick to the Jama’ah means sticking to the truth; even if those who stick to the truth are few and those who oppose it are many, since the truth is that which the first Jama’ah from the time of the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and his companions were upon. No attention is given to the great number of the people of futility coming after them.” (Al baa’ith ‘alal bid’ah wal hawaadith P.19)

miwlid– They say that celebrating the mawlid comes under the heading of bid'ah hasanah ("good innovation") & may quote some practises introduced by 4 rightly guided caliphs to justify milad celebration
Our response to that is that there is nothing good in innovation. The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Whoever innovates anything in this matter of ours (i.e., Islam), that is not part of it will have it rejected." (Narrated by al-Bukhari, no. 2697; al-Fath, 5/355). And he said, "Every innovation is a going astray." (narrated by Ahmad, 4/126; at-Tirmidhi, no. 2676). The ruling on innovations is that they are all misguidance, but this specious argument suggests that not every bid'ah is a going astray, rather there are good innovations.
Al-Hafiz ibn Rajab said in Sharh al-Arba'in: "The words of the Prophet (pbuh), 'every innovation is a going astray' is a concise but comprehensive comment which includes everything; it is one of the most important principles of religion. It is like his words 'Whoever innovates anything in this matter of ours (i.e., Islam), that is not part of it will have it rejected.' (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 3/167, no. 2697; al-Fath, 5/355). Whoever innovates anything and attributes it to Islam when it has no basis in the religion, this is a going astray and is nothing to do with Islam, whether that has to do with matters of belief ('aqidah) or outward and inward words and deeds."[Jami' al-'Ulum wa'l-Hikam, p. 233]
During the era of the 4 khulfa-e-rashideen, the khalifas introduced so many things due to some reason but those things were only for limited period of time because they cannot make shariya. These practices were started by rightly guided khalifas, it was accepted by all consensus of muslims (Al-Muhajireen and Al-Ansar) during their era and their actions are supported by 2 hadiths from Prophet(pbuh):
Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Those of you who will outlive me will see many controversies, so follow my sunnah and that of the rightly-guided Caliphs" [ibn Hibban and al-Hakim, Abu dawood Book 40, Chapter Model Behavior of the Prophet (Kitab Al-Sunnah)Number 4590].
Allah will never let my Ummah agree upon misguidance, and the hand of Allah is over the group (Jama'ah)[Saheeh Al-Jame 1848,Silsilah as-Saheeha 3/319 no: 1331].
Be it that we take all of the practices of the rightly guided caliphs, then there is no way to achieve it because they (sometimes) differed. And if we reject all of their practices, then this is clear misguidance ..... we take from their practice which is in agreement to the book of Allah and to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah Peace be upon him
nor are they anyone closer to the 4 righlty guided khalifas that can bring changes.

'Umar said: "What a good bid'ah" meaning innovation in the linguistic sense, not in the shar'i (technical) sense. Whatever has a basis in Islam, if it is described as an innovation, is an innovation in the linguistic sense, not in the shar'i sense, because innovation in the shar'i sense means that which has no basis in Islam.
Compiling the Qur'an into one book has a basis in Islam, because the Prophet (pbuh) had commanded that the Qur'an be written down, but it was scattered, so the Sahabah compiled it in one volume so as so protect and preserve it.
The Prophet (pbuh) led his companions in praying Tarawih for a while, then he stopped doing that, lest that become obligatory on them. The Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) continued to pray it separately during the life of the Prophet (pbuh) and after his death, until 'Umar ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with them) gathered them behind one imam as they used to pray behind the Prophet (pbuh). This was not an innovation introduced into this.
Mawlid– They may say that Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم used to fast on Mondays and Thursdays citing the reason "as for Monday, it was the day I was born." (Muslim 1162)?
 The Prophet  صلى الله عليه و سلم commemorated the day of his birth NOT THE DATE. Other narrations mention that he also fasted on these days because Monday was the day when he started receiving the revelation (Muslim 1162), and Mondays and Thursdays are the days when the record of our deeds are raised up to Allah (Tirmidhi 747). Also, it is forbidden to fast on an eid day; if the Mawlid was a legitimate eid then why did the Prophetصلى الله عليه و سلم fast on it?
 It is important to mention here that within Arab custom, an individual is recognised by the date of his death and not by the date of his birth. In fact, the date of birth is often not known, hence, the difference of opinion with regards to the date of the Prophet'sصلى الله عليه و سلم birth.

l Hasaan said I heard Sufyaan AtThawree (tabaein) say, " The isnaad is the weapon of the believer. So if he does not have a weapon then what will he fight with?"
Imaam Muslim mentioned in his introduction to his Saheeh that 'Abd-Allaah ibn al-Mubaarak said: The isnaad is part of religion. Were it not for the isnaad, whoever wanted to could say whatever he wanted to.

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu (May peace mercy and blessings of Allah be on all of you)

Offline Nusrat Nargis

• View Profile
Re: Eid Milad un Nabi or Prophet Birthday
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:45:48 AM »
Thank you for sharing this.
Nusrat Nargis

Assistant Professor
Department of Business Administration
Daffodil International University

Offline sadique

• hope to win.....struggle to win........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:55:24 AM »
Walaikum Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
Insallah we will find peace as Islam require and by following the guideline of Quran. May Allah bless us all....thanks for sharing the information.
Md. Sadique Hasan Polash
Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication
ID:111-24-227
E-mail:polash24-227@diu.edu.bd
Mobile:01723207250

Offline ABM Nazmul Islam

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »
Authentic post
ABM Nazmul Islam

Lecturer
Dept. of Natural Science
Daffodil Int. University, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Offline abdussatter

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
There are so more topics/matters in Islam like this, those we have to know. Good article.
(Md. Dara Abdus Satter)
Assistant Professor, EEE
Mobile: 01716795779,
Phone: 02-9138234 (EXT-285)
Room # 610

Offline mushfiq.swe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
Thank you & good to see authentic information.
It would be even better if you share the information source.
Example of an authentic islamic magazine : http://alkawsar.com/

You can also read my post on this topic:
http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,45686.0.html
http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,45684.0.html
http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,45683.0.html
Muhammad Mushfiqur Rahman
Lecturer, Dept. of SWE,
FSIT, DIU.

Offline SSH Shamma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »