English Language

Author Topic: English Language  (Read 6447 times)

debashish

English Language
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
I think it’s the time to use fully English language in the class, not only for the lecture also for communication students with students, students with teachers. Otherwise we can't overcome our lacking. If we look at the top rated universities, we can see that their class runs in English. But why not ours? Our official language is English too. If authority and our teachers make it mandatory that the students have to speak in English inside the class as well as inside the university, hope day by day we can overcome and can make well ourselves. It’s the time authority has to be more concern in this matter.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:33:46 PM by debashish »

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
Re: English Language
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »
Very very good thought. We should start now.

It will be more good if the student can use our English language lab every time with an instructor whole the day. Any body can practice any time, this opportunity should create.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline lima_diu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
Dear Mr. Kazi:

In English language lab we have scheduled of ENG-II & ENG-III for Science Faculty & Business Faculty of DIU. it’s very good thinking  that students would like to practice in Lab but as we have some fixed schedule for class so It may possible to use rest of the time. But it’s required extra time of the instructor & others extra facilities of the job so if it is making professionally then all the facts may over come.

I expect cooperation & positive thinking from all. thank you very much.
Lima Khan
Sr. Coordination Officer
Daffodil International University

debashish

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
When a student admit in our university, s/he has to do Eng I, Eng II, Eng III. They also get the change in foundation course. Our university always gives emphasis on English and giving enough opportunity to do practice. No other university doesn’t give these opportunities. Moreover, we come university after SSC, HSC. Still a student gets opportunity to learn English. When a student passed 12 years in learning English, after that why they will fail to speak in English, to write in English? Now we can see that a student passed almost 12-13 years to learn English. Is it too difficult to learn a language in 12-13 years? I do agree, after that a student may have some lacking but not much big. A student can easily overcome these problems through practicing in class. For all these reasons, the apply of English language in badly need in our university. 

Offline lima_diu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »

Dear Mr. Roy:

It’s not too difficult but we need practice more & more for forever process. 

Thank you.
Lima Khan
Sr. Coordination Officer

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
Thank you all

I think for the best outcome of practice we need a friendly & helpful environment. If environment is ensured, the practice will gives the best outcome.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline lima_diu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »

I do agree with you Mr. Kazi that environment is fact. We know, Wednesday & Thursday is campus language day so we can utilize also this opportunity to make our self easy. And if you wish you may practice anytime, anywhere in the campus as English is foreign language we have to achieve the language by the mechanism of intelligence. 

Thank you.
Lima Khan
Sr. Coordination Officer

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »
Environment is a great factor. People learn effectively from the emvironment. If we could this type of environment then it is possible. It is true that nothing is impossible.
Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
The English language is nobody’s special property. It is the property of the imagination: it is the property of the language itself. What is the shortest word in the English language that contains the letters: feedback. Don’t forget that feedback is one of the essential elements of good communication.
English is just as much big business as the export of manufactured goods. There are problems with what you might call ‘after-sales service’, ‘delivery’ can be awkward, but at any rate the production lines are trouble free.......So speak English without hesitation everyday......I think here is no argument at all.......keep doing .........be happy with this language
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
Thank you all
It would be good option to use the English language day. Everybody is really ken to learn English. If the authority come forward more to help & dedicated for those days then I'm sure it'll bring a good result regarding learning English.

Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline kaisar hamid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »

English is the language of the world and it is also widely used language on the internet. Almost every language book has translated English version. So it is easy to get the information of the world if you know English.

The communication can be very easy if you know English.

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 12:08:48 AM »
It's a really well thought Mr. Debashish bhai. I really appreciate it. I also feel like you, every student should speak in English in the class as well as teachers and this environment only can create authority.  Then the teaching process will be successful. As we know we are studying in English medium university. So, this process should start as soon as possible. I strongly believe that class room is the best teaching place of English.   

It is very natural that if our teachers start this process, we (students) may not understand properly, but we will match with this environment, Inshallah. 

Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
English is an International language. But to fullfil our demands we need to know English very well. Thanks for post.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »
I think Our teachers are doing their best every time possible to make us English speakers................
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline nasir760

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »
Now a days English is essential for every nation. we must know good English to communicate to others properly and to compete in the job market. It is true that environment plays a vital role in learning english but we must have a positive willingness to create the environment english.

So, I request all of the DIU students to speak in english and to encourage  your friends to speak english.

Md. Nasir Hossain
Coordination Officer
Evening Program
FSIT
Cell:01911395263