World Suicide Prevention Day

Author Topic: World Suicide Prevention Day  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
World Suicide Prevention Day
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:21:16 AM »
Prevent suicide, save lives

Not everyone has got the same emotional strength to cope with every situation. There are some people who are vulnerable to develop many emotional disturbances like depression or drug addiction. Oppressed with problems many of these people become confused and commit suicide.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com
Daffodil International University

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
Re: World Suicide Prevention Day
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
People should remember that death (suicide) is not the ultimate solution....
Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:45:03 PM »
Suicide never only affects the person that committed it. It affects everyone and the person too. But many suicidal thoughts can be prevented if the warning signs are recognized and proper action is taken.

Suicide is the second leading cause of death for college students. In the US someone dies by suicide every 16 minutes and someone attempts every minute.
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »
Thanks Mr. Rezwan & Ashiq,

We can promise that never think about suicide & also do not any thing that will force a person to commit suicide. In our country one common reason for suicide is eve-teasing. Girls are committed for suicide, when they can’t tolerate. We should aware about it.

Dear friends, would you share about more reasons of suicide in our country or abroad………?

Limon
Batch 20th BBA
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

Offline raju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:03:42 AM »
Thanks Mr. Rezwan & Ashiq,

We can promise that never think about suicide & also do not any thing that will force a person to commit suicide. In our country one common reason for suicide is eve-teasing. Girls are committed for suicide, when they can’t tolerate. We should aware about it.

Dear friends, would you share about more reasons of suicide in our country or abroad………?

Limon
Batch 20th BBA

Dear Limon:

Mental health issue is seriously stigmatized in 3rd world countries including Bangladesh.  That’s why we can see consequences only at final stages in the form of suicide, madness, craziness etc.  Please note that most of developed countries have been created culture to consult with doctor, psychologist or counselors at initial stages of those. 

Different mindset can direct differently that causes, drug addiction, suicide, destruction and so on. It’s very simple to feel that different situation creates mindset and actions among human beings. Evan we can recognize suicidal attitudes among ourselves sometime if can engage conscious and subconscious psychographic profiles simultaneously.

Now a day, mind mapping is very popular globally to identify psychological strength and weakness for exploring maximum outcome of individual and groups. CDC also can support to do so with interested personnel only.

Eve-teasing can be stopped permanently also through strong psychological intervention including emotional self protection skills among our girls and cognitive behavioral therapy among young people.   

Please note that over spending, missing classes, unfair means in exam, misbehave etc. also kind of suicidal steps in life that cost a lot.

Let’s talk more about mental health issues positively as our mind is bigger than body always!

Regards,

Raju

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:51:00 AM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »
Thank you Raju sir,

I will work with CDC if my friends are come forward. Because alone is not possible.

Now I am at home & engage myself for social welfare especially for poor people with my school friends. In 29th Ramzaan we was arranged ifter for 200 people, 2nd day of Eid we successfully complete a blood group testing program. We tested 250 people blood group, collect their name, address & cell phone number & then submitted it at our local hospital.

Now we are planning to set an ‘information center’ at our union with the help of sub district executive officer. But local politicians are creates lots problem. Whatever we will be achieve our goal inshallah.

Limon
Batch 20th BBA
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »
Good job, Limon. Every good deed is a charity. May Allah bless you, ameen. Meet me.
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »
Great job Limon. I am happy to know your activity. One of my friend involve with great job... Keep it up...
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

Offline raju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »
Thanks limon for sharing. GREAT!!!
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &