Discussion on Creative Problem Solving: Corruption (discussion of the month)

Author Topic: Discussion on Creative Problem Solving: Corruption (discussion of the month)  (Read 3838 times)

Offline raju

• View Profile
Dear All,

This forum will discuss, examine and create motivation among people in favor of using creativities for positive change of the world. May be you will be agreed that change can happens from anywhere by anyone, anytime! So, why not from DIU? Non-judgmental thoughts and creative contribution can create new kind of motivational language from this forum to save the world from disharmony, intolerance, corruption, racism, injustice, unethical events, poverty( financial and non-financial) and so on. We will be discussing single issue for every month keeping in mind that people who are producing all these harms might be cleaver, creative, powerful or stupid!

The objective of the forum will be collecting your thought provoking content and motivational languages to disseminate nationally at the end of the year. If you really think yourself as a proper user of ICT facilities please let’s start with us to see a product by next year through fun and learn process.

I believe your single word can change our beloved country.

Issue of the month June 2009: Corruption

These days corruption became a cultural truth from many ends including governmental, nongovernmental and individuals. Directly or indirectly most of the Bangladeshi people are responding positively with corruption knowingly or unknowingly. Considering historical, anthropological and cultural relationship with corruption in Bangladesh may be we need to develop new kind of tools creatively for reducing or removal corruption from the root.

May be people who are engaging themselves in corruption are clever, creative, energetic, extempore and with improvisational quality all the way. Please start brain fry for discovering how we can utilize creative people with all human potentials to tackle corruption from the root.

How you think the issue and comments we placed here?  Please start interaction with all forum members…..

Regards,

Raju
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:17:45 AM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline raju

• View Profile
I don’t know why but most people we are not comfortable for interacting each other. I am enthusiastically waiting for your comments, suggestion and criticism. Please don’t leave me alone!

Regards,

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
I can see mass awareness on corruption now a days. People of our country have been increasingly aware about corruption and its negative impact on the economy and society as well. This is really a positive sign. May be we are not corruption free, theoretically it's impossible to be, but the more people will talk on it, the more weaker the corruption will be, I believe. So we appreciate the organizations who have been working with a view to eradicate corruption from our society.

In my opinion a good number of measures could be taken to fight corruption:

1. Measures to reduce the distance between the poor and rich through various project could be taken.

2. Massive training programs for both urban and rural people on attitude building and norms could be taken.

3. Discussion and workshops on ethical issues could be institutionalized.

4. Identification of political and bureaucratic culprits and social boycott for them.

5. Enforcing law and order situation and the tendency to break it by the lawmakers themselves should immediately be stopped.

6. Emphasize creativity rather than answer-producing education system!

7. Media should take the role of 'Bee' on this issue in the face of super-influence of media in our present world.

8. Taking telecommunication and computing technology to the grass roots so that the scope of file-based corruption become shorten.

9. Uplifting Education for all walks of people. Enhancing vocational education.

10. Motivating the young generation through workshops and campaign and creating job opportunity for them. Developing entrepreneurship and leaving the the middle-class mentality of having a good job to lead a blind hustle-free life!

Masud Ibn Rahman