Self Confidence: A Magical Way of Being Successful in Life.

Author Topic: Self Confidence: A Magical Way of Being Successful in Life.  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
Self Confidence: A Magical Way of Being Successful in Life.
« on: September 18, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »
Nothing seems to be impossible for human being. As we are best creation of Almighty Allah, we can make things possible that are thought to be impossible apparently. And this a general belief what we call "Confidence". It is confidence or self confidence that gives us hope to go ahead. To be successful in life and to to live in this beautiful world more and more. In fact it is the magical power of life. The person who has self-confidence is sure to succeed in life. Any impossible thing can be possible when he/she has confidence. And that is what I want to say, why can't we remember the historical conquest of Mount Everest or landing on the moon? Don't give us courage or hope? Of course. These courage or confidence are to be reflected on every sphere of life to be succeed. Actually, the mystery behind all these efforts is nothing but having self-confidence. Here let me recall the words said by many intellectuals-

The great minds :
"The first step to be famous in life is to have confidence". - Walt whitman.
"Firm confidence, ceaseless effort and struggle for life- all these are the weapon of human being". - Allama Iqbal.
"Confidence leads a man to go ahead". - Virgil.
"Don't consider yourself weaker than others". - John Kipling.
"Real achievement can't be exposed where confidence lacks". - Theodore Moor.
"Always hope for the best but be ready to accept the worst". - An English saying.
"The other name of losing self confidence is lessing your age". - Aristotle.
"Having confidence on yourself and on God is the way to be great in life". - Robert Frost.
"In this world don't rely upon anybody but rely upon your own hands and legs". - Shakespear.

Therefore, from my point of view "There is no alternation of confidence in life to go ahead". Because of this "Man is the architect of his own fate". And to make our fate we must have confidence. Moreover, there will be many obstacles, many barriers. But nothing to be worried about it. All these problems are to be overcome with firm confidence. So we should have confidence in every sphere of life and remember the maxim :

"Nothing seems to be impossible for human being".
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:52:29 PM by Shamim Ansary »
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: Self Confidence: The magical way of being successful in life.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Self Confidence Story 1:

boy: Old man, I think I have a problem.

old man: Tell me, what is troubling you?

boy: When I am in a group of people, I feel uncomfortable. I hesitate to speak, I feel distant. The others do not give me much importance. This affects my mood very negatively and after a while I cannot participate at all.

old man: I see. Your self-confidence is not high yet.  I can suggest some exercises.  It is not easy, but if you persist, you are going to see results.

...six months later...

boy: Old man, it worked!

old man: Really?  What happened?

boy: Now whenever I am amongst people, I can talk and participate without any problem.  People pay attention to me.  I did it!

old man: You really have improved very much.

boy: Now that I have acquired self-confidence, what else do I need to do?

old man: Keep doing the same exercises.

boy: But why? I don’t have this problem any more, I am cured.

old man: When you reach the level where you can be amongst people who will pay no attention to you and you can still be self confident, that is when you will be cured.

...a true story...

Antonio B., Milano-Italy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:07:34 PM by Shamim Ansary »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
Self Confidence Story 2:

The business executive was deep in debt and could see no way out.

Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park bench, head in hands, wondering if anything could save his company from bankruptcy.

Suddenly an old man appeared before him.

"I can see that something is troubling you," he said.

After listening to the executive's woes, the old man said, "I believe I can help you."

He asked the man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into his hand saying, "Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time."

Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.

The business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000, signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world!

"I can erase my money worries in an instant!" he realized. But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed check in his safe. Just knowing it was there might give him the strength to work out a way to save his business, he thought.

With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.

Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check. At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared. But just as the executive was about to hand back the check and share his success story, a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.

"I'm so glad I caught him!" she cried. "I hope he hasn't been bothering you. He's always escaping from the rest home and telling people he's John D. Rockefeller."

And she led the old man away by the arm.

The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he'd been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him.

Suddenly, he realized that it wasn't the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline jafar_bre

• জানতে চাই , শিখতে চাই , শেখাতে চাই
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 12:21:27 AM »
Some basic and easy ways on how to become successful in your life or otherwise, ways for personal development are:

1. You need to relax

Relaxation exercises range from traditional forms of meditation that have their roots in Eastern cultures to modern systematic relaxation exercises that have been scientifically developed and are more suited to the western way of thinking. They help to reduce the intensity of stress symptoms (headaches, migraines, anxiety, insomnia, etc.) but also in preparing the individual to recognize the symptoms from their initial stages. Their common characteristic is that the person with constant practice can acquire the habit of thinking and acting more calm and functional. Acting more calm can help you think and concentrate better and will help you to become successful in your life.

2. You need to use your time efficiently

People complain that they do not have enough time available. But more often the problem is not the time in quantity but in the way we manage our time. Important elements in proper time management are the do-to lists, prioritization, and the ability to focus on one task at a time, the ability to recognise and set targets. With proper time management you will have more time to think and plan how to become successful in your life.

3. Demanding Behaviour

Demand behaviour techniques aim to strengthen the capacity of individuals to defend their rights without denying the rights of others and without being aggressive or insulting. In this way you can face the appropriate interpersonal relations and also to learn how to say "no" where appropriate and when necessary, to express your feelings rather than been passive and inactive. Learning to sometimes say no will help you decide what is best for you and you can change your life by being selective on what to do and on what no to do.

4. You need to learn how to solve your problems

Being able to solve your problems is a major step on becoming successful. Problems are present in daily life and if you find ways to solve them then this will really change your life. Some techniques for problem management are:

1) Definition of the problem
2) Alternative solutions to the problem
3) Choosing the right strategy to address the problem
4) Proper design of the selected strategy (where, when, how)
5) Implementation of the solution
6) Evaluation

The problems never stop! The basic rule is this: instead of facing problems «automatically» with our usual style and approach, to begin to look reasonable and separately each problem, create alternatives and choose the best solution, according to the importance of the problem and our experience.

5. You need to be dynamic

In order to have a positive and dynamic presence you need to be able to frankly and directly express your feelings and ideas, both negative and positive. To do this you must create a good contact with yourself and with your feelings!

In conclusion, it must be noted that there are a lot of ways on how to become successful. This tips only server as a quick guide to help you get started. The whole process is difficult and sometimes it takes time. This is not always something bad. Instead, it helps us be alert, can warn us against possible dangers and helps us prepare better.
regard
JAFAR IQBAL
 ID: 091-27-128
Department of Real Estate
Daffodil International University
JAFAR IQBAL
1st Student
Department of Real Estate
Asst.manager(Sales)
Rupayan Group
Cell # 01787147157.
jafar_iqbal@diu.edu.bd

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
Thanks to all .....
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shabnam Sakia

• Faculty
  • Know thyself
    • View Profile
Re: Self Confidence: A Magical Way of Being Successful in Life.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 01:55:28 AM »
Informative Post
Sakia Shabnam Kader
Senior Lecturer (Physics)
Department of General Educational Development

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
Re: Self Confidence: A Magical Way of Being Successful in Life.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
Chances are that you'll have tons of fun. Don't expect too much of yourself. Face the things that you're dreading. Once you do, you're bound to feel a lot better. Buy yourself or someone else a gift. Relax. Take a long walk by yourself to think things over, take a bubble bath, or listen to soothing music. Be sure to get enough sleep by going to bed and waking up at a reasonable time. Being tired makes you feel more stressed and irritated, especially around others.
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd