Self Development Workshops

Author Topic: Self Development Workshops  (Read 25201 times)

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
Re: Self Development Workshops
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 12:45:50 AM »
Dear Kulsum,

Unfortunately, on Thursdays, I have three back to back classes. Sunday 19th, would be easier for me. 1pm to 2pm? Room 505 Prince Plaza? I would need both a multimedia projector and an overhead projector. Can these be organised? Pls let me know. How many students do you have on Sundays at 1pm? I would need to make some photocopies.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor
& Executive Director, HRD Institute, Daffodil International University

Offline kulsum

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
Dear Sir,

It's possible. I got class with 8th B at that time and the number of students are 19.

I have already talked with IT section and they are able to provide multimedia and OHP on the scheduled date. So the date is 19th, room 505, prince plaza, Sunday, time 1:00pm --2:00pm.

Hope it will be a successful session.

Best regards

Umme Kulsum

NB : The date and the number of students are same 19, isn't it funny! i have interest in numerology also.

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
Kulsum,

Great!

Pls remind me on Sunday morning. Thanks.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor

Offline omar_sayem

• View Profile
Re: Mind Map :: Exclusive way to make link with Ideas & thoughts
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »
Mr. Azam and Mr. Kazi Shahin,

I'd like 2 thx both of u for sharing your ideas by proposing something " NEW as well as INTERESTING " over here in this Forum.

I think, u are very lucky bcoz u've got Dr.Yousuf sir from the 1st semester of ur University life (where as, unfortunately we got him in our Final year) and the result is of course TWINKLINK in front of us ! 

The MIND MAP u've drawn is really AWESOME. I must say- I'M LOVING IT ! (Very special thx to Azam for uploading it over here, i downloaded and made it my Desktop Wallpaper, coz i want 2 C this one @least once a day )

keep drawing ur thinks, brother

One thing i'd like to share, that i 've learnt from ma Life,
     if u Share ur Knowledge (specially, ur study related knowledge Or other matters, which may help people) it will undoubtedly increases!
    And if u show some Respect to them who r suffering with any study related problems and give him/her some time to get out of that problem, It will make u WISE and SMART

i would like to request u and ur frnds to help ur other friends and teach them how to draw Mind Maps and try to make them realize how much HELPFUL it is for him / her own self

thank u

-Muhammad Pasha
Level-4, Term-3
Dept. of CSE

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »
Thnx Brother
Me & my frnd will try with ur best knowledge. Brother u set a good example for us. finally thanx for ur usefull suggestion.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline azam_802

• G. M. Shaharia Azam, CSE Department
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of Shaharia Azam
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »
Thanks Shahin,
Dear friend you know that i am recently so much busy for my professional project. I'll upload some mind maps but you have to help me. You can upload some of mind maps.

G. M. Shaharia Azam
CSE Department
http://www.shahariaazam.com

@ Twitter: twitter.com/shaharia
@ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shaharia.azam
@ GooglePlus: https://plus.google.com/114541364064474970092

-----------------------
As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
ACM Competition
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »
Dear Participants of the Workshop on ACM Competition (held Sunday, July 19th, 2009),

Pls post your thoughts, feedback and progress here.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
Seminar on 'YOU'
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »
Dear Students,

Those of you who attended today's seminar on 'YOU', pls post your reflections here.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
How to strengthen skills n abilities
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »
When we decide to develop some skill or ability, especially one that may be new and relatively unfamiliar or uncomfortable, we may benefit from some or all of the five ways top athletes and businesspeople alike strengthen their skills:

1. Visualization
2. Affirmation
3. Education
4. Association
5. Action

VISUALIZATION means forming and holding pictures in our mind. Although it was a radical idea at one time, today it is common knowledge in the sports world that 'mental practice' has almost as much positive impact as physical practice. And, in mental practice, athletes practice perfectly. The imagination is a powerful thing.

If we feel weak in communication skills and dread going to a job interview, we might build a mental movie of us going on a job interview, getting along well with the the interviewer, being calm and relaxed answering the questions brilliantly, and getting hired instantly. Once built and run, our mental movie is stored in memory and can be recalled at will.

Visualization is simply the re-running of this mental movie over and over and over again. Once we understand all that, we can make it work to our benefit.
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: How to strengthen skills n abilities
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 01:19:24 PM »
Affirmation is another means of programming the subconscious mind. Sometimes this is called "self-talk." Most people talk to themselves all the time, constantly, though usually silently. And most such self-talk unfortunately reinforces negative self-image beliefs. Here is an example: Lipi locks her keys in the car. To herself, she says "You idiot!" Then, "i can't seem to remember anything. I'm such a screw-up." Lipi has translated the incident into an indictment (Condemnation), a criticism of herself. It's interesting by the way that most peoples' self-talk is critical. Obviously, we do so many great smart, good and right things everyday, yet, in self-talk, we probably do not praise ourselves for doing those things. But we make a mistake, and we are all over ourselves, like our worst enemy!
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
The reason that is so harmful is that our subconscious mind accepts cumulative affirmations (the same affirmation heard and said repeatedly) as a “command” then it does everything in its power to fulfill the command. If we tell it that we are clumsy over and over again, it will exert its control over our physical body to literally make us even clumsier.

The good news is that we can tell it something you want to be over and over again, and it will work on making that command a reality. Now this is not “magic.” It won’t do much by itself. But as a reinforcement tool, it can be very powerful. Let’s say you’re always late and have decided to change that about yourself. You have chosen a new direction; you are going to be a punctual person. You affirmations might be:

1.   I am the kind of person who always shows up on time.
2.   Being on time and reliable is very important to me.
3.   I value and respect my own time and others’ time, so I honor my commitments.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
ASSOCIATION is the fourth method of strengthening a skill. We talked about association previously too. If we want to get good (or better) at  something, then it just makes sense to be with people who are as good or better than we are at that thing . If I bowl, for example , I’ll never get better if the only people I bowl with are less skilled than I am. To get better as a bowler, I’d bowl with people slightly better than I am, who would challenge me, from whom I could learn by observing.

“A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.”  -Will Rogers Famous American “cowboy humorist”
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:26:10 PM by shibli »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
ACTION is the fifth tool. None of the above tools are of much value unless and until we take action on our thoughts and ideas. And, incidentally, most people drop the ball right here, over and over again, throughout their entire lives. The world is full of people who will tell us about the “great idea” they had, did nothing about, then saw someone else turn it into a successful product or business. Procrastination – the putting off of doing something- is the universal language of the POOR.

If we study successful people in any field, but especially in the business world, in term of careers we’ll quickly notice that they have a tendency to quickly follow decisions with actions. We become what we DO, not what we think or say, and not what others think or say about us.

Work cited: official ICS guide
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:26:04 PM by shibli »

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »
Dear Shibli,

Delightful writeup. Hope our students as well as teachers take advantage of your writeups.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »
It is a good idea. And it is not only self development workshops but also a carrier development.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar