Day Care Centre for Babies

Author Topic: Day Care Centre for Babies  (Read 26136 times)

Offline kulsum

• View Profile
Day Care Centre for Babies
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »
 Dear all Faculties,

Good morning, hope u all are fine and started the new semester with full vigour.

I would like to talk about for establishing a day care centre for the  babies of DIU Faculty members. Hope all of you  know, nowadays there is scarcity of maids and house keepers, let alone their performance.  In a neuclear family grand parents are absent and  in some cases  they are also doing job somewhere.There are lots of female faculties working in DIU who face various problems everyday for ensuring the minimum security of their babies while they are at work. I think this is the right time to take positive steps on this issue  from different organizations so that women can think positively about their career development anywhere. It is needless to mention how the thought of  insecurity affects a mother and hampers her career growth. Male faculties can also avail the facility as thier wives may work elsewhere. We also can think about giving part time jobs to our students.

I await eagerly for  all of your response on this important issue. Please think about the issue and put your valuable comment.

Wish you all the best.

With regards,

Umme kulsum

Senior Lecturer, Dept. of English
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:42:26 PM by kulsum »

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Day Care Centre for Babies
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »
The proposal for developing future generation with proper care is really great. It can build more empathetic and developmental relationship among us.  Moreover we can explore part time job opportunity for DIU student also through this project.

Hope people will join the discussion and action soon.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »
Dear Madam,

Thank you for pointing out such an important issue.I also believe that it will be a good initiative on the part of DIU if it offers Day Care Center facility.If that happens,our children can grow up in a very good atmosphere.We would be tension free and thus would be able to perform better.It would not only create part-time job opportunities for our students but also create a new income source for our university.If my working place offers me such a facility,definitely I will feel more personal attachment with it.

Regards

Shamsi

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:34 AM »
Thanks dear Kulsum mam to point for this matter. We hope, everyone discussion & action soon.

Regards,

Mita
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline asma alam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »
 I appreciate the logic of Umme Kulsum Madam. Now-a-days the problem of maid servant or house assistant is acute.
 Beside this, we can not get the assurance of their sincere performance if they are employed. As a result, it brings worries and sufferings for a working woman. If she works somewhere, it affects the career of the woman as well. In this case, if the working mother is provided the opportunity to keep her child in the day care centre of her own organisation it will ensure her sincere contribution. In our organization, if there were any day care centre that would obviously bring mental relief for the mothers and at the same time that would create a job opportunity for the female students. Thus the establishment of a day care centre can promise benefit for both the teachers and students(who will be in charge of taking care of the babies). So, I would earnestly request the authority to think over this serious issue and take a positive step as early as possible.

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:32:49 AM »
'My baby is safe and sound,'- this very feeling stimulates a working  mother to perform better. I whole-heartedly support the feelings of Umme Kulsum. Thanks.

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 11:17:47 AM »
Some maid servants can be hired or paid .....but we need a room for the purpose as well....Some girl students may be willing to work on part-time basis as Raju sir mentioned. It would be definitely a great initiative and venture if the day-care center was established.........
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

toma

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »
Dear all.
At present I am the worst sufferer of this. Anxiety about getting maid demotivates working mothers.If DIU  provides  day-care facility, we can impart much better performance.Even co-ordination officers can get the opportunity as they stay longer.

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
We need day care center as all madams are requesting for it. We want day care center
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

toma

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »
Thanks to  Bidita and all the students who are supporting the cause.

Offline tanzina_diu

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
Becoming a mother can be exciting, having good feelings, and fun... But one of the most distressing situations in a mother’s life is dropping her infant at home with maid. She can be plagued with doubt, worry and guilt. Various questions knock at her mind like, who will be with the baby?.....will the maid take care of her baby?

Modern world is very competitive and tough. Most of the today’s women are working in various firms or companies. After passing some days of baby’s birth they need to go back their previous job. So they are not able to take care of their baby for whole time of childhood. And in the small age of the baby, most of the parents concern is that where the baby will live when they will be stay in their work place as keeping a servant for baby is almost impossible in today’s time and also very much unsecured.

The modern times best solution of this problem is, Baby Day Care Centre. Selecting the best baby care center is important for every parent who are working and have pre-school children that need to be looked after. After all, in order to be productive at job, they need to know that he or she is well taken care of.

The most popular choice for working woman is Corporate Child Care. Luckily, many employers are starting to understand the value of providing this service to their employees. They support their staff with their childcare needs (like Grameen Phone). After all, more accessible child care means happier, more productive employees. Here working parents can put their minds at ease and focus on the workday, knowing that their children are in a caring, safe, and nurturing environment.

Benefits of Corporate Baby Care
Corporate child care programs generate a powerful return on its investment. By reducing absenteeism, enhancing an employer's ability to recruit talented workers and retain them, increasing productivity at work and retention ratio child care programs are not only an investment in employees, but an investment for the success of the company. In fact, after the first year of employment, most employee turnover occurs among the parents of young children. By providing programs that allow those parents to work - and perform to their full capacity - leading employers reduce the recurring costs of recruiting and retaining skilled employees.

A benefit for your employees
                                                That benefits your company

1. Recruitment and Retention
In a study of employees with children in employer-sponsored child care programs, 93% of respondents said that work-site child care was an important factor in considering a job change. (Benefits of Work-Site Child Care, Simmons College, 1997). 42% of parents report that child care was an important factor in their decision to join the organisation for which they work. (Benefits of Work-Site Child Care, Simmons College, 1997).

2. Turnover
Among parent employees, 31% report they have considered leaving their employers due to child care issues. 85% percent of these employees report that a work-site centre would affect their decision to stay, with more than 50% reporting it would have a significant impact. (Bright Horizons Child Care Trends, 2002)

3. Absenteeism/Employee Productivity
Among parents, 45% miss at least one day of work every six months due to a child care breakdown. These parents average 4.3 days missed in a six-month timeframe. (Bright Horizons Child Care Trends, 2002)

Among parents, 65% are late to work or leaving work early due to child care issues. This occurs an average of 7.5 times in a six-month timeframe. (Bright Horizons Child Care Trends, 2002)

A MORI survey published in the UK in May 2002 by the Daycare Trust found that of the 104 employers surveyed, the majority of employers said childcare problems mean that staff are unable to work extra or late hours when needed (70 per cent) and cited absenteeism due to childcare problems (66 per cent). Almost half (45 per cent) identified difficulties recruiting and retaining staff, 42 per cent said childcare problems mean tiredness, irritability and stress and 40 per cent say childcare problems lead to female staff not returning to work after maternity leave (Daycare Trust 2002 n.p).

4. Employee Job Satisfaction and Performance
91% of all respondents, including employees without children, feel work-site child care will have a positive impact on the organisation for which they work. (Bright Horizons Child Care Trends, 2002)

Bright Horizons Family Solutions conducted the survey of 4,000 working adults: one group with access to employer-sponsored dependent care benefits and a second group without them. (Disclosure: Bright Horizons offers these benefits for employers and also operates child care centers.)

Among the survey's findings, workers with employer-sponsored dependent care benefits:

•   Were 31 percent less likely to report lost productivity due to stress?
•   Reported 25 percent fewer personal health concerns due to stress.

In contrast, workers without such benefits were nearly a third more likely to report being down or depressed and spend 20 percent more time dealing with childcare issues at work, among other findings.

Many employers are recognizing the need to provide child care in the work place, benefiting both the employee and the company. With more women working to support households and the need for dependable child care, this could be a win-win situation for both.
Tanzina Hossain
Assistant Professor
Faculty of Business & Economics

toma

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 12:13:42 PM »
Yes, Tanzeena, I strongly agree to your words. A healthy child is a great contribution to its mother's health( both physical and mental). So to ensure the safety of the baby a day-care center at the mother's workplace can play a crucial role.

Offline Sampa Saha

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 04:14:31 PM »

I do also agree with this proposal. proper working condition and environment ensures the better productivity. I think day-care centre facilities also includes this environment and condition. if our working mothers are worried about their baby, altimately will affect our productivity.one study shows that the productivity of male and female are same but absentisim rate of female employee is more than male because of baby and family. So day-care centre can solve this problem pertially.

With Regards
Sampa Saha
Senior Lecturer
DIU.

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »
Dear Tanzina Madam,

Thank you for pointing out the details of Corporate Child Care program.I think,going through the detail,the authority will ponder over the crisis and come forward to resolve it.I think many of us in DIU including me will be tension free and perform better if DIU attempts to found a Corporate Child Care Center.

I wish you all the best.

Shamsi
Department of English

toma

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »
Dear all,

Please write more on this topic so that it will get the attention from the higher authorities. It is not the matter of female faculties and officers only. I think it can help the male faculties and officers as well.

Regards

Nahid Kaiser
Sr. Lecturer
Dept. of English