Facing Challenges

Author Topic: Facing Challenges  (Read 611 times)

Offline diljeb

• View Profile
Facing Challenges
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »
By not directly facing issues that are bothering us, we are creating internal road blocks. Challenges that can stop us from achieving success in life.

We cannot change what has happened, but by facing it we can more easily accept it. All too often, we let little things upset us

Most things in life are of little consequence when you look at the big picture. Put these situations in perspective. Do they really matter? Is it worth your time and energy to be upset over them? Is there action you can take to move beyond the challenge? Read the story of my great grandmother who in my eyes was a role model for the type of person I want to be like.

My great grandmother was widowed at a very early age and left to raise four children by herself during World War I. She could have felt sorry for herself. Instead, she got a job and held tight to the conviction that she would raise her children and give them all she could.

Later in her life, she had both her legs amputated, but that didn't stop her either! She lived to be 105 years old. She was an amazing woman; a woman who had more than her share of challenges.

Here is a woman who had her share of personal roadblocks, however, she faced the issues and moved beyond them.
Consider the wisdom about challenges from these people:
"There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet." William Frederick Halsey, Jr.

"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict." William Ellery Channing

"I'd rather be a could - be if I cannot be an are; because a could - be is a maybe who is reaching for a star, I'd rather be a has - been than a might - have - been, by far; for a might have - been has never been, but a has was once an are." Milton Berle