Obstacles: Our Best Motivators

Author Topic: Obstacles: Our Best Motivators  (Read 579 times)

Offline diljeb

• View Profile
Obstacles: Our Best Motivators
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »

Obstacles are not insurmountable barriers unless you believe that this is the case. If obstacles prevent you from moving forward then you are falling into a trap - a trap that will keep you down.

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the pathway of the weak
becomes a stepping-stone in the pathway of the strong."
Thomas Carlyle

Step Forward
Obstacles, when viewed in a positive light, are simply stepping-stones on the journey to success.

When you think of famous people who could have been stopped in their tracks, e.g.. There are many examples but one that always stands out for me is Thomas Edison, the inventor of the light bulb, obstacles became the vehicle to keep trying.

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded
is another step forward."
Thomas Edison

Obstacles can be your launching point to propel you to attain new personal growth, or to gain valuable experiences. To quote Norman Vincent Peale: "In every difficult situation is potential value. Believe this, then begin looking for it."

Your Choice How You See Them
To view obstacles as necessary stepping-stones to gain success, you will start to welcome them, not to spend energy trying to either avoid them, or to mentally suppress them.

The only person responsible to see obstacles as a necessity, not a burden, is you. It's your choice. Remember, we all have a choice in every situation we face whether that is in personal relationships or in the work environment.

We couldn't agree more with the wisdom said by Judith M. Knowlton, "I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it's only a choice of attitude."

An Advantage
Turn obstacles to your advantage, and move forward. Find a way to overcome these challenges. As Richard Bach said, "Every problem has a gift for you in its hands."