See The Positive In All Situations

Author Topic: See The Positive In All Situations  (Read 736 times)

Offline diljeb

• View Profile
See The Positive In All Situations
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

Learn to look at every difficult situation as a present; the gift within is the possibilities it holds. To open the gift you must find the "possibility".

When you are in a difficult or a stressful situation, reflect on the following four questions:
1) Could it be worse?
2) Are there lessons I can learn to avoid a similar situation in the future?
3) What good can be realized?
4) What am I going to do about it?

COULD IT BE WORSE?
In the majority of cases, there is always a worse situation we could be in. By reflecting on a worse situation, it helps put the current situation into perspective.

ARE THERE LESSONS I CAN LEARN TO AVOID A SIMILAR SITUATION IN THE FUTURE?
Look at the situation. Could it have been avoided? Don't go beating yourself up for not realizing this previously. Learn from the situation. Mistakes are our greatest teachers! No sense dwelling on the issue. Recognize and think of ways for the future to avoid a similar situation and then move on! Remember you can't change the past, but you can change the future!

WHAT GOOD CAN BE REALIZED?
This is the gift. Rather than focusing our energy and thoughts on the negative of the situation, look for the positive. Sometimes you have to look hard, sometimes you don't even realize until later. But in every situation, there is positive, you just have to find it! By focusing on the positive you are helping to reduce your stress levels!

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
In my opinion, this is the most critical! What are you going to do? Often just by taking action, by doing something about the situation can relieve the stress and help correct the situation.

If you focus on the possible when you experience difficult situations, YOU CAN positively change your outlook, reduce your stress, and concentrate on achieving things that otherwise may not have been possible.   

Offline ayasha.hamid12

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: See The Positive In All Situations
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
Thanks for the post...