Dreams Can Be Achieved

Author Topic: Dreams Can Be Achieved  (Read 695 times)

Offline diljeb

• View Profile
Dreams Can Be Achieved
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:54:39 PM »

It really doesn't matter who you are, old, young, or whatever occupation. The most common thing we have in common is our desire to be more, or to live the life that may have once been only a dream. For some of us though, dreams are the closest we ever get to have a different life, or to be engaged in a lifestyle that better fits our daily fantasy. So, what makes the difference? Is it luck? Is it having a mentor to guide us down the right road? Is it simply being in the right place at the right time?

For me, I thought I'd never leave my corporate position. I had a career that a lot of people would envy including a good salary, and great benefits. But, as the years rolled by, I experienced more and more dissatisfaction with the on-going politics and the never-ending demands of working to propel someone else's business forward. I came to the realization that I wanted to spend my energy working on my own business or businesses that gave me not only personal satisfaction, but gave me control and to benefit from the fruits of my own labour. Some of you reading this thought as long time visitors know part of my story. For others, let me just say that I made the move away from the corporate world and, although it wasn't always easy, it was accomplished using my 3 favourite P's - patience, persistence and perseverance. Nothing in life is achieved without hard work, and the ability to overcome challenges. It wasn't any different for me.

One of my goals was to develop a small business that could help support our lifestyle, a lifestyle of basics not of excess, a lifestyle that would allow us to do what we wanted, what we loved, and what would allow us to be creative. And, it wasn't that we didn't attempt a few things that didn't work out. With perseverance as our ally, we were able to find, grow, and benefit from an art form that was both fun and creative. That art form was the creation of fused glass jewellery products and fused glass motivational products. And, at this point, we are able to say that people throughout many parts of the world have enjoyed our fused glass one-of-a-kind products. The point is this; don't let obstacles stand in your way; learn to view failures as an opportunity to find out what works and what doesn't work; develop the inner attitude of patience, persistence, and perseverance; and, defeat your own procrastination through action not dreaming.

Part of our success is the joy of having our son be involved in our business, and his enthusiasm in helping us succeed by creating an on-line store that will allow many more people to enjoy one or more of our creations, creations that were once only a dream. Dreams can come true.

And, remember this: a dream is only a goal unplanned and not yet put into action.

Offline ayasha.hamid12

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams Can Be Achieved
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
Thanks for letting us know...