ICT for Development!

Author Topic: ICT for Development!  (Read 3202 times)

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
ICT for Development!
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »
Dear IT Friendly group,

Greetings!

This is just asking IDEA for using ICT for development considering Bangladesh situation. Anybody here can help me sharing any idea of using ICT for development? It can be with computer, net, mobile, digital camera etc. Obviously development understanding is not similar for everyone here and all ideas can be unique. I would love to get direct reply with your IDEAS.

Regards,

Raju
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline sumit

• View Profile
    • sumitrongo
Re: ICT for Development!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 03:07:46 AM »
AWARENESS

Now it is proudly says that nearly about 1Crore people are using Internet in Bangladesh.
but what number of people actually utilize it properly??I think most of them are using facebook or Hi5 .which is nothing but waste of time.

If we want to see Bangladesh one of the top ICT developed country  then we should use this in a right way.
So  i suggest to everyone that please aware of those people who waste their time using FB or Hi5.

I didn't say Facebook should be banned.But in our country most people think internet means FB.

I want to say you must maintain social sites if you are interested.But besides that you can do lot of things like you can  maintain a Forum or Blog or community Blog Or you can download free books or buy books and enrich your knowledge.,or you can contribute in Wikipedia by writing some letters etc.
So  this awareness is very much necessary in our country.

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: ICT for Development!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
Dear Sumit,

Great explanation! You are very correct when we have a long history of using computer for playing card at different level then yahoo messenger, face book or Hi5 and so on.

This is time to utilize ICT more effectively at all level. I believe someday everything will be in mobile soon.

On the other hand we need to try to motivate our senior citizens who really have knowledge, skills and experiential learning to be with us. Some time they may say NO to ICT from different complexities or wrong approach from other side.

May be we can offer situation friendly training for people who needs to be included soon.

Let’s think for more action!

Regards,

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU