Why Students of the DIU Do Not Wear Formal Dress?

Author Topic: Why Students of the DIU Do Not Wear Formal Dress?  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Ms. Aziz

• View Profile
Re: Why Students of the DIU Do Not Wear Formal Dress?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 10:10:47 AM »
I think it should be sober rather than Formal all time.In BD for gents Formal dress means Full sleeve Shirt and Black Pant and for Girls three pieces and to some extent Saree.I think as the students spend a long time in the university so they should wear something which is comfortable, modern and sober at same time.Formal dress may be for the Presentation ,interview board,viva board.I do agree with Mr. Siddique it should be comfortable both physically for the person and mentally for others.The main thing is selecting the dress ( Color, design ,Size, fashion ) and the way u r putting the dress on you.The same dress may look different depending on the way of putting on.It is not true that only costly dresses are always good to see, u may buy a dress with a moderate price which may look far better than any costly dress.
Senior Assistant Registrar
DIU

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
I think its a very important question that why DIU student do not wear formal dress? If they wear formal dress and come to the university they looking very smart and its very helpful after complete the BBA. Because they going to a job sectors then this formal dress help them. They don't feel uneasy.   
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Ms. Aziz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
I think maximum students spending a long time in the university will prefer to wear Casual dress rather than Formal dress.They will be habituated if they wear it at the time of Presentation or Viva board.Why the ques of uneasiness will arise?In case of Job responsibilities it will be habituated normally.
Senior Assistant Registrar
DIU

Offline rabeyabusri

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
A wide range of styles is seen amongst students in campus. Most students vote for ‘comfort’ in their list of priorities when it comes to choosing a material for this season. New and refreshing styles always tend to brighten up peoples days.
Source: Star Campus.(The Daily Star)

So it is time for us to accept fashionable thing but formal dress will hamper to accept it. Al Mamun thinks about formal dress after completing your student life and in starting your professional life.
Rabeya Busri
BBA Dept.
20th Batch
ID: 082-11-252

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
If our authority can take a very strong act that every students must wear in formal dress then i sure every students wear in formal dress.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline arif_theviper

• View Profile
Re: Why students of the DIU do not wear formal dress?
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »
Mr. Mamun please don't take it seriously, take it positively !!!  You said " every reputed university wear formal dress" very well, you are saying.... we know reputed university of BD are DU (IBA) ,NSU, EWU, IUB, AIUB, BRAC, UIU, DIU & etc...........Please Mr. Mamun visit those university & observe those university's student who wear formal dress or casual dress???? I think without presentation & special case  no student  wear formal dress.......Please take it positively.........   

I am completely agree with you. To wear formal dress is not bound on us. & it should not be. We should wear, what is suitable for us. But every student should have an ID card. In presentation we should have formal dress. If anyone likes to wear formal dress then that is his/her own choice.
Thank you Mr. Samiul Islam Lincon
Arif Hossain
ID-103-11-1635
Daffodil International University

Offline habib742

• Relevent & positive thinking can change the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 06:58:39 PM »
If our authority can take a very strong act that every students must wear in formal dress then i sure every students wear in formal dress.

so far I know...we are studying at University not in School..I think this is the first time one University student raised voice about wearing formal dress...This is too much funny to me..

Habibur Rahman
BBA
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:01:28 PM by habib742 »