Stop Child Labour

Author Topic: Stop Child Labour  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
Stop Child Labour
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
     Our country is so much beautiful. The people of our country are so simple & friendly. But it's very painful when we see that the poor children of our country are moving here & there. They haven't proper guidance, good advantages & environment, sufficient food & proper education. As a result, they are engaged with different types of dangerous work for living. Their parents don't want to send them to school.

Child Domestic service is a widespread practice in Bangladesh.The majority of child domestics tend to be 12 and 17 years old.But children as young as 5 or 6 years old can also be found working.A survey of child domestic workers found that 38 percent were 11 to 13 years old and nearly 24 percent were 5 to 10 years old.Child domestics works long hours,getting up well before their employers and going to bed long after them.on 50 percent domestic workers work 12- 14 hours a day.Irrespective of their gender,Child domestic carry out all sorts of household work.Boys often perform tasks like going to the grocery,cleaning the drain,talking the garbage to roadside bins,washing the car and sell nuts etc.On the other hand,girls have to iron the cloths,attend phone calls and serves the guests.The child domestic workers are often the least paid in the society,their remuneration ranging from 80 taka to 400 taka per month.In most of the cases,they hand over all their earnings to their parents,leaving nothing for themselves.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:46:36 PM by Mostakima Yesmin »
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
Re: Stop Child Labour
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 11:51:40 PM »
It's a good news that our government have taken some steps to prevent child labour.

We all are singing together:

" Aj je shishu, Ma er hashite heseche, Amra tar tore akti sajano bagan chai "
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »
We know the govt. has taken to reduce the child labour, but the process is very slow.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:03:46 PM »
Stooping child labour must be accompanied by rehabilitation. If a child labour is stopped without ensuring their basic need for survival, the aftermath will be devastating
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
Child labour is social crime. If we the people are awar of child labour and our government can take action about the child labour then i think the problem can be solved.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 09:30:54 PM »
We can start our mission at personal level - we will not appoint any child as  our domestic help
Senior Lecturer
Department of English