Speak English

Author Topic: Speak English  (Read 7619 times)

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
Speak English
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
All students are requested to communicate with each other and the teachers in English  in the campus of Daffodil International University, especially in English classes. Though at the beginning it might seem tough, it will gradually become easier through practice. I must admit that we all Bangladeshis are the proud speakers of Bangla but we should keep in mind that the ability to communicate in English is a passport to wider job prospect.  Even if anyone wants to introduce Bangladesh to the whole world the knowledge of English is a must. 
The ability to communicate in English cannot be developed within a day - it requires a continual practice. University is the best place suitable for practise English as Daffodil International University is very serious to develop all fours skills of the students with special emphasis on Speaking skill. So I expect that all students will start communicating with each other in English and encourage their friends and classmates to use English for the development of the country
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
Re: Speak English
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:19:09 AM »
Since English is the international language, so we should have good knowledge in English. If we frankly communicate with others in English, we can solve our problems easily & we will be advanced.
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline nasir760

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
we must speak in English because English is the medium of our study and international language. now a days many thinks depends om our English Language Skills. So speak more and more..........
Md. Nasir Hossain
Coordination Officer
Evening Program
FSIT
Cell:01911395263

Offline shohel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
Very ...Very ...time demand post.We should remember that DIU Authority had already taken initiative step to observed DIU English Language Day on every Wednesday of the  week.So if we observed the day with positively ,I belive we all will be benefited.Due to shyness many of us try to avoid to speak in English,so avoid shyness and develop your required Skill to face the challenges of the upcoming real life ,able to speak in English fluently.

sohel

Offline sozib

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
Thank you Mr. Sohel for Your Information. I think the DIU authority and Every department take initiative for this purpose.
Md. Sozib ISLAM
Coordination Officer,
Software Engineering Department,
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: sozib@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd.
Mobile-01675-122504. Ext: 168

Offline shaikat

• Its simple..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »
Students are highly benefited if they practice conversation in English at Campus.
Moheuddin Ahmed Shaikat
Administrative Officer
Department of CSE
Daffodil International University

Offline Yousuf.Chy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
English is very necessary for this generation. Practice is the key.
Yousuf Chowdhury
Student Counselor,
Member, DIUAA
Cell: +880 01713493051.
E-mail: yousuf.chy@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
Thanks All:

Don’t feel shy and start to speak in English from now. If additional program (workshop, seminar etc.) at DIU are conduct through English then student may inspired to use English at everywhere.

It’s a request to authority to think about it.

ALLTHE BEST
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:32:08 AM »
Now its very important to talking English. If we can remove our shy and communicate with others by talking English then one time we can take a big result or opportunities. We should always try to speaking in English. 
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Junayed

• I love to make different
    • View Profile
Speak English
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 10:44:37 AM »
Sports and language learning depends on your practices. Whatever you are brilliant or not you should practices to learn a language. If you speaking your hesitation will decrease and fluency will increase day by day. You don’t think about wrong. Just you try to speak right.         
Junayed Al Mubassir 
জুনায়েদ আল মুবাসসির
16th batch              
BBA
juned@diu.edu.bd

Offline Aarif

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:44 AM »
 DIU is observing "English Language day" on every Wednesday and Thursday.

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
Habit of using English is very effective. Should talk in English with family members, relatives, friends and so on. One can talk with himself or herself also. At home what you are doing try to talk those thing in English. When one is going to the bathroom s/he can say i am going to the bathroom, today i will bath taking time, today i will use soap and shampoo etc. After completing bath one can think today is very hot so better wear white dress, where is my perfume? yes, i got it, the fragrance is really nice, oh!! it is going to be finished.

Basically we talk these with our self what nobody listen. If we think these in English obviously it will be effective for us.
Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 08:05:09 AM »
Many people think that to speak English there is no need grammar. Without grammar we can speak English in little area. But it’s enough for a university going student. A student must learn grammar to speak, write, and understand appropriate English.

ALL THE BEST
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

Offline habib742

• Relevent & positive thinking can change the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
this is convenient to think...How important English language is???I think University campus is the the place where we share our feelings,,motives & expectations with our friends..so why don't we use english as a medium of expressing or sharing our feelings??

Habib
BBA   22nd batch

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
Dear Members,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We need to implement what we think is necessary for developing our English speaking skills. I would like to request all dear students to start speaking English at least at DU campus with fellow classmates. Once you take the initiative, others will also come forward.

You can contact me if you need any help.

Senior Lecturer
Department of English