Why students don't have time for study?

Author Topic: Why students don't have time for study?  (Read 3944 times)

Offline siddiqur.rahman

• View Profile
Why students don't have time for study?
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:15:33 PM »
Dear all (students);

It is obvious, now a days students don't have much time for study. They are engaged in many events including relationship building, talking over mobile phone, traveling, watching TV, having party and DJ party, surfing internet, listening FM radio, adda, and many mores.   

Think (students) ! why you have enrolled at University? What should be your central life interest? and Where you should spend most of your  time and for what?

Ask yourself and share with your friend, "What exactly you are doing, and spend your time for"?

Post your opinion and I will be back to you soon.

Best regards

Siddiqur Rahman
Asst. Professor
Faculty of Business and Economics

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
Re: Why students don't have time for study?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »
Dear Sir

I question in myself about your topic ...You know,, what is the answer ....We are not spending ourself with our work but yes, we are wasting many disgusting events....Personally i feel very isolate when my work are loaded...then i feel, so many times were wasted .....

In my opinion students must know there (((Who i m???)))  and know (((what m i doing???))) ...
Time will say what is the final destination in our life...but when we feel, it will be too late...
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
Dear Sir:

It’s a difficult question that why we don’t have time for study?

Relationship Building: We are human beings how we can avoid it…..!
Talking over mobile phone: It’s not applicable for all……!
Traveling: I love traveling. It could be a part of study……!
Watching TV: Bad habit if we watch 24X7……….!
Party: I don’t like it……..!
Surfing internet: It should be only for finding information……!
Listening FM Radio: News are very important & at morning they are playing nice songs…..!
Adda: I love it very much……….!

Above all is my personal opinion.

I enrolled at university to gather knowledge & build my career in the all way.

I LOVE MY UNIVERSITY.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

Offline siddiqur.rahman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:33:23 PM »
Dear Limon,

*to all

First of all, I would like to request you to understand , why we write at Forum?
Definitely, you can put you personal opinion but it should be constructive and better for all the students and the University as a whole.

Secondly, its not a difficult question to you and all,  why you don't have time for study? Nobody knows better than a teacher about students true performance. Now a days students are engaging with so many events, so  they have less chance and time for study.

Read the point again, I asked about all your central life interest. So, go back to your point , consider it again and be constructive and write your answer. Just don't made a post  because you need to do so.

Yes, you enrolled to the DIU for gather knowledge, but its not going to ensure you to get it without effort, and my point was over there. You can build your career tomorrow, only when you place study and gather knowledge at your central life interest.

Of course you have to do a lot other things, because you have to do but put more time for study and gather knowledge.

If you get time , put your  step on my office at level 3, prince plaza so we can have some discussion and argument obviously.

Best regards

Siddiqur Rahman
Asst. Professor
Faculty of Business and Economics

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:36:48 PM by siddiqur.rahman »

asim_078

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
Dear Sir,

After reading your topic, I thought a lot and I found myself in the middle of nowhere. Yes it is true, that we usually spend time on other things than study, though our first duty is to focus on our main goal and build up our career.Somehow we are getting distracted day by day. It seems like we are pretty responsible for all these things.

@ Md. Limon Hossain, I think you haven't got the point clearly. If you read it carefully u'll see it's an average result. And it is happening all around.
Do you have any confusion about his topic? Do you think he just wrote it because he just wanted to figure out whether he can write on the forum or not. I guess not. But however your sentences are indicating something like that.

@ Md. Limon Hossain, I would like to add one more thing, whenever you share your feelings with someone else, try to be little bit formal rather than aggressive. It can help you to build a better relationship with others.

Thanks

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »
Dear Sir:

I can understand that what you want to say. I just write my very personal opinion about relationship, use of mobile phone, traveling, TV, party, etc. to judge myself. We are very lucky that our teachers are very much careful about us. In this competitive era our effort is not enough. We have to give more effort to build our future.

Thank you sir for your comment & I will try to do so to meet my interest.

@ Dear Mr. Asim_078:

First of all I want to say you that, I am not aggressive at any way. And it’s out of question to be aggressive with my respected teacher. Hope you get the point.

You told about your position that you know. But I am an unlucky person don’t know the position. That’s why I have to explain myself to search the position. Hope you understand.

THANKS
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

debashish

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »
I do agree with Sir. We should give more concentrate on study rather than doing other jobs. If you think that we get 24 hours in a day but how much time we spend about to do study? We spend maximum time by spending other jobs rather than doing study. We should give more importance on our study because study 1st. If we don't have 1 than whatever how many 0 we have it will not work.

Dear Friends, Forum is the place to give constructive post, meaningful post, effective post, this is not the place to give post only for posting. We should give proper respect to our respected teachers and also friends. Please don't go for quarrel in the forum because forum has a ethics, rules, regulation, etc. We should maintain these properly.

Thank you.

Offline rajib

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 11:37:54 AM »
I agree with you all that we should study seriously and be good at speaking and written English. And, we should not waste our time

regards

Offline rabeyabusri

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
You are absolutely right Sir. Now a day the scope of spending time has become huge. And students are like to spend there time in those various places. They aren’t feeling much interest in reading but it is obvious to read. The main reason to come this university is to build up my career and that’s why reading is must. My opinion is that we have to read attentively at first and then if we have enough time can spend for other sources.
Rabeya Busri
BBA Dept.
20th Batch
ID: 082-11-252

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »
Mr Limon & Bidita,

I completely agree & strongly fell those things both of you said. So we need to clarify to all the members & faculties that
" IT IS COMPLETLY UPTO A STUDENTS OWN PERSPECTIVE", WHETHER he or she should study accordingly or not.........
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:54 AM »
Mr Limon & Bidita,

I completely agree & strongly fell those things both of you said. So we need to clarify to all the members & faculties that
" IT IS COMPLETLY UPTO A STUDENTS OWN PERSPECTIVE", WHETHER he or she should study accordingly or not.........

Thank you for your opinion but you have to know that we live in a society ..If we do something wrong it will not good for others...so this is nothing personal or own perspective matter it is a matter of ourself which is important for our society .....If we dont get good things to our nation then why should we blame to others...it is wrong...
Dont mind...You have to think ...

Warmly

BIDITA
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:17:13 PM by bidita »
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Md. Minhaz Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 10:51:56 AM »
Thank you Sir:

I will follow your advice. We all have these kinds of problem. Most of the time, we do these kinds of unfairness intentionally or unintentionally. We have control our self.
Md. Minhaz Khan
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-520
Batch 20th
Cell: +8801911260791

Offline Didar_BBA

• what ur Dream,believe that_n_work wth heart n soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »
My deliberation is that its actually take place when “life is without aim”……we the people of university level, we have to know what I’m doing…..this is high time to think about it. Otherwise life become all about frustration (like a car running without destination).                                                                             
Didar
BBA Disciple