F3

Author Topic: F3  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
F3
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:21:03 PM »
Dear BBA'ers,
there is a "mixed" reaction on which book is actually appropriate for financial accounting...           But, in my sense paper F3 BPP learning media is actually a good choice...
The main difference that lies in managerial accounting and financial accounting is the "accountability"... It means managerial accounting is generally prepared for the internal authority and financial acc. is for external ones...
Paper F3 firstly tells us about the "governing bodies" of accounting in the UK, US and around the world...
Which helps to be accountable to the "other parties"...
There are other aspects as well...   I will describe this book's positive aspects, comparing with other books INSHALLAH...
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
Re: F3
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »
BBA'ers, as we know financial accounting is structured for "outsiders", its financial statements should be made precisely. And for a precise statement we should comply with some basic "rules". And the rules should be universally granted...
In this book we have 32-34 International Accounting Standards or IAS (which actually elaborates the principles of GAAP)... One can also glimpse at Financial accounting : tools for business by kimmel. It is also a reliable source for reference......   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:15:44 PM by Faiyaz »
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline rifat ferdows

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »
faiaz.really innovative

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 01:48:01 AM »
But I think "intermediate accounting" by keiso is also fantastic for financial accounting.......................
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »
Bro, actually its a legendary book as its all editions all been credited as "best sellers"... But my issue is not there, i want to make sure what book totally complices with the "ethics"...
E.g- F3 in its IAS-20 tells us about the accounting for govt. grants and disclosure of govt. assistance...
Now this is quite new, as this is a ACCA book and teaches us in a professional accounting way...  I hope you understand...
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 02:07:41 AM »
BBA'ers, i know that this book is quite new and actually no one teaches this except Shakhawat Sir at DIU, but actually will help you find the material easier... You got to know this, bcoz a CMA professional can't recommend it for no reason... and this will INSHALLAH help us do better before we go to higher concepts...
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 09:30:31 PM »
Then faiaz,
I can say that this book must be made compulsory for all we BBA'ers bcuz in the term of accounting, we need to understand the concepts & this book is great!!!!!! becuz I have a look on the book & it's superb!!!!

So, authority must do some thing necessary to form this book as financial accounting course..............................
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »
@sajib, How can we persue the authority? More than that only DIU's 3rd semester's A section read this book...No university teaches it...As i write it earlier, if you wanna get a primary view of Financial Accounting it is actually adequate....kieso's book describes a lot of things, what is actually good but as Shakhawat Sir said, this book will cover the root ideas what we'll be INSHALLAH able use in later semesters...   
M. Faiyaz Naveed