Catholic Church and eresa Forcades, Catalan nun

Author Topic: Catholic Church and eresa Forcades, Catalan nun  (Read 821 times)

Offline Shah Nister Kabir

• Test
    • View Profile
Catholic Church and eresa Forcades, Catalan nun
« on: May 24, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
Christian anthropology considers men and women are created equal as free and loving beings made to the image of God. Feminism is the political movement that wants to create equality real in the life of women and men. The main reason there are tensions between feminism and Christianity is because some Churches (ex. the Catholic) are sexist in their structure: they exclude women from the liturgical representation and the decision-making positions.
The conservative right tried to reverse the law on abortion in Spain. So many women and also men took to the streets, the response of the people was so strong, that the conservative government had to take back this law. I don’t know any Catholic that believes that abortion is something good. I don’t believe it either. But I – and many other Catholics in Spain and elsewhere – believe that it is wrong to give the State the right to force a woman to carry on an unwanted pregnancy.

Source: https://www.the-newshub.com/international/teresa-forcades-catalan-nun-yes-the-catholic-church-is-patriarchal