It is BANGLADESH... not BANGLA!

Author Topic: It is BANGLADESH... not BANGLA!  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
It is BANGLADESH... not BANGLA!
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:05:33 AM »
Bangladesh has a history of its own. It has taken a lot to bring a word "BANGLADESH" in the world map replacing "EAST PAKISTAN"... But we all should bear one thing in mind and that is, we should make sure that our country may remain BANGLADESH instead of BANGLA. We should not refer Bangla instead of BANGLADESH or should not violate its existance by making it BANGLA. We, Bangladesh and west bangla as a race or language, both belong to BANGLA creed. But we (Bangladesh), have a separate entity. We should not forget that they had deprived us from getting a separate university of ours own, they used to treat us just as Muslims and used to tell that, "how come you become our brothers?", their economy used to depend on us but they deprived us,(e.g. their lawyers used to earn advocating our cases) etc. there are more examples. So, my point is, by refering BANGLA, we are conjuncting our entity with theirs, what makes true patriots SICK. So, west Bangla should remain to us as cousin brother instead of own brother!           I am sorry but I felt this has an issue with Bangladeshi heritage. And sorry my words are too harsh but actually true when you think it...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:42:50 PM by Faiyaz »
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
Re: It is BANGLADESH... not BANGLA!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »
I know, as this is a controversial subject, many are hesitating to post their point of view. And take no offence, but I think it's good not to comment if you are not totally aware of the fundamentals of the topic or don't wanna contribute in such refutable subject, rather than posting 'very informative post'. But I'm again writting to clearify my point of view and make you people think about this stuff at a more broader sense. Before making my comment I wanna say that, I am not advocating any political party or am not supporting any political ethics but, just saying the things as a regular Bangladeshi, that makes sense.           
If you say BANGLA, you mean or refering to all those people whose first language is Bangla and who has a connection to the Bangla race. The BANGLA point of view gives all these above illustrated people, an opportunity of being under a 'BANGLA' oriented country. But if you say BANGLADESH, you are refering the people who only live at Bangladesh and have Bangladeshi nationality. Now if you ask me, I'd definately say that, this 'BANGLADESH' concept makes more sense.         
Because, when you are refering BANGLA, you are refering that, this country belongs to the Bengali people what actually narrows the civilian   concept. Because one question arises and that is, what mistake did the tribal or the aboriginal people of Bangladesh do that they are deprived from being considered the civilians of Bangladesh? They neither speak Bangla nor they're Bengali but yet they have been living in this country for ages. So I think this is a matter, worth to be thought of...       
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:58:35 PM by Faiyaz »
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline fahad.faisal

• Believe in Hard Work and Sincerity.
    • View Profile
Re: It is BANGLADESH... not BANGLA!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:23 PM »
Thanks a lot for the informative post.
Fahad Faisal