Language Teaching Methodology

Author Topic: Language Teaching Methodology  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
Language Teaching Methodology
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:58 AM »
It is better for the English teachers to know language teaching methodology. It tells us which method to follow in which situation. There are various language teaching methods, e.g. Grammar-Translation Method, Direct Method, Audiolingual Method, Situational Language Teaching, Communicative Language Teaching, Suggestopedia, Total Physical Response, Natural Approach, Silent Way. Multiple Intelligences and so on. The knowledge of these methods will help teachers decide in the affairs of teaching English or other as a foreign/second language.

Offline Tahsina

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Language Teaching Methodology
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »
I think what I do as a language teacher (without having the ELT education background) is to cope as I go for maximum benefit. Every group of learners has a different chemistry with an individual instructor. So I bank on that and try to maximize the teaching-learning environment. If analyzed, may be it will be found that I employ lot of different methods...
Tahsina Yasmin
Associate Professor
Department of English, DIU

Offline Afroza Akhter Tina

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
As a language teacher,I believe it depends on the demand and necessity of the class.Preparation is very important but I believe the practical scenario can compel the atmosphere to change the strategy  :P

Afroza Akhter Tina
Senior Lecturer

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
Tine madam,,
you are right. I do agree with you.

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
I do agree with Tahsina madam that it is important to maximize the teaching-learning environment.Depending on the age,level and interest of our learners we adjust our teaching styles.But a sound theoretical background definitely works as a powerful schema as it is always there in our subconscious mind.The thing is, we need to connect the theory with practice.

Regards,

Shamsi
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:03:04 PM by shamsi »

Offline Shahriar Mohammad Kamal

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 05:16:39 PM »
As methods of teaching English have developed rapidly, so it is important to have knowledge about various methods.

Offline Subrata.eng

• My Happiness---Lovely,Smiling Faces of my Students
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 10:06:17 PM »
Learning is limitless; we can dive into learning various ways following various methods, but in front of the situation and reality sometimes all our strategies and methods become less effective, so my opinion regarding learning methods is a bit ambiguous. I do agree that various methods can help us to facilitate our pupils in the class besides making us economical and to the point while creating an effective learning environment, though not always, but I don't feel it is wise to delimit our vision within the methods.

Offline Afroza Akhter Tina

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 12:44:18 PM »
I do agree with Subrata sir and thank you Shampa madam  :)

Afroza Akhter Tina
Senior Lecturer