How can Unemployment be reduced??

Author Topic: How can Unemployment be reduced??  (Read 27714 times)

Offline habib742

• Relevent & positive thinking can change the way...
    • View Profile
How can Unemployment be reduced??
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »
Bangladesh is most densely populated country with a partial resource. There are about 150 millions of people and 49 percent of them live under poverty line. Unquestionably, unemployment is a Big Macroeconomic Issaue of Bangladesh.

Unemployment occurs when a person is able and willing to work but currently without work. The prevalence of unemployment is usually measured using the unemployment rate, which is defined as the percentage of those in the labor force who are unemployed.

Unemployment situation in Bangladesh:

According to a study of the International Labor Organization (ILO), the rate of growth of unemployment in Bangladesh was 1.9 per cent in the decade of the nineties. But the growth in unemployment currently is 3.7 per cent. The ILO figures also show Bangladesh in the twelfth position among the top twenty countries in the world where unemployment is rising.

The number of the unemployed in Bangladesh now is estimated at 30 million. The way the rate of unemployment is increasing, it is feared that at this rate unemployment would soar to some 60 million by 2015. According to another estimate, every year some 2.7 million young persons are becoming eligible for jobs whereas only about 0.7 million of them are getting employment.

some recommendations to reduce Unemployment:

1.Create a National Office of Employment to develop long term strategies and oversight of the Bangladesh labor market in order to track trends, analyze data, research emerging problems, and prepare early interventions.

2.Identify growing and potential industries and the skills they will need in future staff.

3.Design a plan which allows for the rapid retargeting of training courses as Community Colleges and vocational schools are traditionally 5 to 15 years behind current needs.

4.Renovate the processes of State Unemployment Offices by implementing coordinated support programs in which workers participate as part of receiving unemployment benefits and employers participate as a means of meeting their future needs for staff.

5.Provide incentives for employers to hire more part-time workers

can you give more efficient ideas to reduce Unemployment problem?If there is any ideas please please share...

Habibur Rahman
BBA,,22nd batch

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
Re: How can Unemployment be reduced??
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »
I am sorry for my argueable words, but I think we need to "sell" ourselves to the job market bcoz the market will "buy" the most appropriate services of applicants. As well as we also need to have a better mindset and should have the charisma and "X factor" which will make us a good choice for the market... And we also need to have the tendency of nPow, which will help us to become a good administrator...     
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline hasan_1329

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
Bangladesh is most densely populated country with a partial resource. There are about 150 millions of people and 49 percent of them live under poverty line. Unquestionably, unemployment is a Big Macroeconomic Issaue of Bangladesh.

Unemployment occurs when a person is able and willing to work but currently without work. The prevalence of unemployment is usually measured using the unemployment rate, which is defined as the percentage of those in the labor force who are unemployed.

Unemployment situation in Bangladesh:

According to a study of the International Labor Organization (ILO), the rate of growth of unemployment in Bangladesh was 1.9 per cent in the decade of the nineties. But the growth in unemployment currently is 3.7 per cent. The ILO figures also show Bangladesh in the twelfth position among the top twenty countries in the world where unemployment is rising.

The number of the unemployed in Bangladesh now is estimated at 30 million. The way the rate of unemployment is increasing, it is feared that at this rate unemployment would soar to some 60 million by 2015. According to another estimate, every year some 2.7 million young persons are becoming eligible for jobs whereas only about 0.7 million of them are getting employment.

some recommendations to reduce Unemployment:

1.Create a National Office of Employment to develop long term strategies and oversight of the Bangladesh labor market in order to track trends, analyze data, research emerging problems, and prepare early interventions.

2.Identify growing and potential industries and the skills they will need in future staff.

3.Design a plan which allows for the rapid retargeting of training courses as Community Colleges and vocational schools are traditionally 5 to 15 years behind current needs.

4.Renovate the processes of State Unemployment Offices by implementing coordinated support programs in which workers participate as part of receiving unemployment benefits and employers participate as a means of meeting their future needs for staff.

5.Provide incentives for employers to hire more part-time workers

can you give more efficient ideas to reduce Unemployment problem?If there is any ideas please please share...

Habibur Rahman
BBA,,22nd batch

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
@fiyaz

yes..I agree with your arguable words..but you left one word"self-employment"...Actually How many people you can make competent for the world job market???the question is not about better living and better placement...In the 3rd world like Bangladesh we have to think how can we get people employed??

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »
Actually that is good (self employment)... But it requires a lot time as well as a good enterpreneurship sense to reach success, what actually lacks "security of livelihood"...
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
we can't ensure that Majority of our people are living secured life...Unemployed individuals are unable to earn money to meet financial obligations. Failure to pay mortgage payments or to pay rent may lead to homelessness through foreclosure or eviction...as they are already Unsecured so there is no option..

All kinds of business requires good enterprenurship & I think we deserve it but all kind of business do not require heavy Investment..moreover"self-employment" is one of the way to make themselves competent for the International Market..

Habibur Rahamn
BBA,,22nd Batch

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
Self employment, to me is just another aspect... Why do we acquire knowledge in universities? Why do we take acclaimed academic programs? Why do we want to compete, to achieve highest grades? Why do we firstly try to qualify for acclaimed public universities?    This all culminates into one simple thing... And that is, making one ownself adequate for the JOB MARKET... Perhaps you have done the same thing and so did I... We all may say many big bookish theories but when we all left behind this bookish life, we all tend to become a successful banker, a successful service holder in a reputed multinational organization or other stuffs like that. I am sorry for my rude words but more than 90% wanna do these works rather than self-employment... 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:09:51 PM by Faiyaz »
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
Dear faiyaz...

yes...Obviously "Self-employment" is one of aspect to reduce unemployment..we are working for not only getting good grades but to learn various real modules which will make us perfect for Job Market. I strongly belive that without educational development nothing is possible...As a Business student,,what should we think??

In our bangladesh there is vast Scarcity for job...every year 2.7 million of young persons are becoming eligible for job but only 0.7 millions of them are getting job...so what about rest of those people??I have just pointed one word"self-employment"...there are so many effective ways to reduce unemployment..

@faiyaz...try to find some solutions to this problems...try to create and if possible take some initiatives to do something for the country .....Thank you...

Habibur Rahman
BBA
22nd Batch...

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
@Habib Bhai, Whatever you are saying is all valid stuffs... Education is very necessary for every aspect... But for a sound business plan or enterpreneurship u dont need to be a marketing graduate or stuffs like that... U see into the lives of Ambani, R.P Saha, Johurul Haque etc. they had experiences rather than "degrees"... And the education we get and the theories we read are just some "totality of experiences"... For example- if u see a total different product when u go to buy another one in a shop, this thing also is a way to advertise or promote a product. Because you may not know it. I'll give u an example- when u go to buy bread in a shop and see that a new thing has appeared on the shelf of that shopkeeper, which actually is a curtard for the diabities patients. Now, whenever any of your diabities patient relatives want to have curtard, you will not look for any type of advertisement or promotional activities and thus buy the product. U see, u wont find any type of exact theory regarding this in any book but when any scholar may think about it, he may include this as an promotional activity... Hope I have made myself clear, though i've gone far beyond the topic u started...       
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »
faiyaz....

I can see every possible ideas that you want to show...But we are going out of this topic through debate..the topic is about"How can Unemployment be reduced"?share some initiatives that can help to reduce Unemployment...I hope that you have the ability to point out....Thank you...

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
Unemployment can be reduced by self-employment utilizing the existing resources (vocational skills /intellectual/ financial). A self-employed person can create job opportunities for others.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 11:14:32 PM »
@Habib bhai, I am sorry for my words, I know that I have said the things that are not relevant with the topic...
I cannot show any statistics, the way u can but I can show you some illustrations... For example- After completing 11 semesters, we have to go to internship. This shows the emphasis on jobs... So, if we talk about self employment, we must first have to change these systems by making a more self motivated, govt. employment pressure reducing stuffs. Bcoz these internship gives us a chance to gather knowledge and work experience, that we can use in our job carrier. Again, this has become a somewhat debate... I am sorry if I had said any degenerated stuffs and sincerely do wish to talk to you personally...     
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
Dear fiayaz....

you are going far away...you just see...Our one respectable teacher are going to organise "Capital Market Education Program"....what does it means???By attending the program you can learn some real capital market module by which you can Make a effective Investment in capital market....Like this program,,,there are many workshops are open for u...you said Internship gives emphasis on job...I strongly argue with you...we do Internship to Implement our academic knowledge and to earn prctical knowledge & real module which can help in specific job...

Offline Faiyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 12:02:40 AM »
@Habib bhai, I dont have any disrespect towards any person, but my MAIN POINT is, we all firstly prefer to do jobs... Now if you dont have that type of mindset then its quite different and of course exceptional...
M. Faiyaz Naveed

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 08:55:22 AM »
Actually the more knowledge you gather through participation in classroom, seminar, workshop - all make you prepared for the job market.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English