Roger Federer and the dreamiest picture ever.....

Author Topic: Roger Federer and the dreamiest picture ever.....  (Read 974 times)

Offline asitrony

• View Profile
Roger Federer and the dreamiest picture ever.....
« on: August 01, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »

Instead of letting all those old magazines in the basement collect dust, @StephintheUS decided to make Twitter magic this week by posting old shots of embarrassing covers, inserts, pictures and ads from the heyday of tennis magazines. Though many were laugh-out-loud funny, nothing — and I mean nothing — comes close to this picture of emo Roger Federer from sometime before 2000.

Okay, I’m putting on a timer. One minute and the first things that pop into my head.

1. “Have you ever just, like, thought about why we’re here?”

2. He’s like a young Brando, minus the raw sexual charisma and with the haircut of the bassist from Counting Crows.

3. This looks like the picture your parents have in their family room of their great-grandfather.

4. “Mirka, if we stare long enough, we’ll see into each other’s souls.”

5. Scott Stapp — via @fortydeucetwits

6. “Come on back to my van. I’ve got the new Morrissey album I want to play for you.”

7. “No, I didn’t just get out of the shower. Why do you ask?”

8. “In six years, a young Spaniard, wearing my identical hairstyle, will come to try and take over the sport. You, John Connor, must stop him.”

9. If there were lasers behind him, that’d be the most intense high-school yearbook picture of all time.

Thanks
Asit Ghosh
Senior Lecturer, TE