Reques to change the title 'Textile and Fashion show'

Author Topic: Reques to change the title 'Textile and Fashion show'  (Read 2838 times)

Offline farabi.diu

• View Profile
Reques to change the title 'Textile and Fashion show'
« on: November 28, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »
There is an option title 'Textile and Fashion show' in the 'Science faculty' option. Under this option we use to get posts on textile related issues,events, news, researches  etc.
But I don't think this is an appropriate title ('Textile and Fashion show') for this kind of issues.

Because 'Textile' is an attribution  which represents textile science, industrial textile trade, big national and international issues, study ,research, invention etc. It is a  vast area of Science and business.

On the other hand 'fashion show ' is an on-stage and media  performance organized by different corporate-level companies to enrich their marketing of their apparel goods in both home and abroad . This is one kind of event for advertisement. This only advertise the APPAREL goods. Though it is a part of textile trade but it does not reflect the actual view of Textile. There are other fields of textile such as Textile Engineering, Wet processing, Yarn manufacturing, Textile testing and inspection, textile Quality maintain, Textile management which are not reflected properly by it and this('Fashion show') turns our eyes towards the fashion houses only. This lowers the honor of TEXTILE in general sense .

So I would like to request honorably to the authority of the forum to change the title 'Textile and Fashion show' and re-title it to another suitable title which actually reflects it's actual view. Personally I would like to suggest the title -'Textile science, events, trade and issues' instead of 'Textile and Fashion show'. I think it will be more appropriate title in representing TEXTILE.

Offline ishaquemijee

• View Profile
Re: Reques to change the title 'Textile and Fashion show'
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:03:24 AM »
Head TE are requested to see the matter and solve the problem applying appropriate title.

Md Ishaque Mijee
Senior Asstt. Director (P & D)

Offline tasnim.eee

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Reques to change the title 'Textile and Fashion show'
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »
Excellent writing