British Council Bangladesh
5 Fuller Road, Dhaka 1000
Phone: +8809666773377 ,Fax:+88028613255
Email Us , Visit Website
Print Friendly and PDF
British Council IELTS Scholarship 2015 for Bangladeshi Students
Bachelor, Masters Level.
* A Bangladeshi citizen.
* Intend to study Undergraduate or Postgraduate program overseas in 2016.
* Willing to attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of the admissions requirements.
* Who has taken the IELTS test from 1 August 2015 till the test date of 13 February 2016 with the British Council Bangladesh test centers
* Who has/will have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum overall band score of 6
* Who will be able to provide the letter of acceptance/ offer from the attending institution by 14 March 2016.
Five scholarships will be awarded to the value of £2,500 (Tk. 300,000) each. Scholarships are earmarked as one each for institutions in Australia, US, UK and all countries including these three.
Scholarship for: Bachelor, Masters Level.
Total Scholarship: 5
Start Date: November 30, 2015
Last Date: February 29, 2016
More Info: http://goo.gl/fBZ2me
1. Take an IELTS test at a British Council Test Centre and receive your scores.
2. Download and complete the application form.
3. Your completed application (hard copy) must reach the British Council Bangladesh Offices by 29 February 2016.
4. You must attach a copy of your latest IELTS Test Report Form with your completed application.
5. In the second stage, 20 applicants will be shortlisted based on their writing task submitted with the application. All successful applicants will be notified by email on 7 March 2016.
6. Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview by an assessment panel on 14 March 2016.
7. Five applicants will be awarded the scholarships based on their performance during the interview.
8. The final short-listed applicants must bring a copy and the original letter of acceptance/offer from the university they plan to attend.
9. Failure to provide a letter of acceptance by the deadline will result in your immediate removal from the short-list of applicants.
10. The winners of the scholarships will be notified by email/SMS by 16 March 2016.
Initial shortlisting will be based on applicants meeting the essential entry requirements as mentioned in the application and evaluation of the writing task.
A panel of ELT professionals will evaluate the writing task to shortlist a group of 20 applicants.
All applicants with a disability will be automatically short-listed, provided they meet the essential eligibility criteria.
A panel of internal British Council staff and eminent citizens of Bangladesh will be judges for the face to face interview.
Breach of terms and conditions at any stage will result in disqualification.
The British Council Bangladesh reserves the right to cancel the scholarships at any point