CLEAR Communication

Author Topic: CLEAR Communication  (Read 1887 times)

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
CLEAR Communication
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »

CLEAR= Leave no doubt in your reader's mind. Help yourself by being specific, avoiding vague expressions, using familiar words and using simple English. Remember also to use straightforward language that your reader can understand, written in a friendly, natural, conversational style.

LOGICAL
= Structure your messages logically, remembering to use the 4 point plan. Start with an introduction, develop your points logically in the central section, and come to a natural conclusion in which you state the action you need from the reader. Finish with an appropriate one-liner.

EMPATHETIC
= Put yourself in your reader's place and ask yourself how the reader will feel when he/she reads your message. If anything is unclear, or if anything is worded badly, then change it before you send it.

ACCURATE= Make sure all the relevant details are included - times, dates, names, facts and figures.

RIGHT= Proofread carefully(not just spell check!) to make sure everything is 100% right before you send the message.

Source: Model Business letters, E-mails & other business documents (sixth edition)
           Shirley taylor, FT prentice hall, Pearson education pg: 42, Unit 1,
            written communication-An overview.
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
Re: CLEAR Communication
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:32:15 PM »
Bidita apu.....

It's a great pleasure for me to have such kind of posts from you. As we are communicating time by time, in every spheres of communication mechanisms, we must observe these terms with great care.....

As I'm doing Business communication course, it means for me a lot.....

Thank you once again.   
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd