Brand Architecture: What Is an Endorser Brand?

Author Topic: Brand Architecture: What Is an Endorser Brand?  (Read 681 times)

Offline Bipasha Matin

• Don't judge me, you can't handle half of what I've
    • View Profile
Brand Architecture: What Is an Endorser Brand?
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »
Endorser Brand Architecture

An endorser brand architecture is made up of individual and distinct product brands, which are linked together by an endorsing parent brand. The endorsing parent brand plays a supportive and linking role, and, in many respects, an endorser brand architecture can be seen as an inversion of a sub-brand brand architecture.
The key hallmarks of an endorsing brand architecture are as follows

Product or service brands (for simplicity, all referred to as “product brands” in this post)  linked together by an endorsing brand.
    The product brands and the endorsing brands will each have their own brand attributes, including a name, logo, brand promise, position and personality.
    The product brands will have each have their own brand marketing and will need to rely on their own value propositions to succeed.
    Despite the distinctness of each product brand, the essential ingredient for a successful endorsing brand architecture is that there is a link between (i) the higher-level brand promise of the endorsing parent brand and (ii) the product brand. This link is what provides the assurance to the customer that if they like one product in the family of the endorsing brand, then a sibling brand is also worthy of consideration.
Sabiha Matin Bipasha

Senior Lecturer
Department of Business Administration
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University