How to say YES

Author Topic: How to say YES  (Read 2785 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
How to say YES
« on: July 05, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »
When You Have to Say Yes

* Sometimes, saying no is simply unavoidable. Here are some techniques to use:

* Tell the person you can agree to their request this time, but ask how the two of you might plan better for the next time.
        * Tell them yes, but remind them they owe you one. For example, they might cover you for a shift next time you need time off.
        * Tell them yes, but take control by saying you'll come back to them with a timetable. For instance, say, "I expect I'll be able to do that for you by the end of the week."
        * Put a tough condition on your agreement. "If it would only take an hour, I'd be able to help, but I can't give you more than that."
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: How to say YES
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »

Some experts recommend keeping your answer short. This way, you can say no without feeling the need for a lengthy justification. ("I'm sorry, I'm not available that night.") On the other hand, others say that giving a longer answer with reasons reinforces your credibility. Let the situation decide.

Provide suggestions or alternatives to the person who is asking. ("I can't do that task today, but how about next week," or "How about asking John instead?")

When in doubt, it's easier to say no now, then change your mind to a yes later, rather than the other way around.
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 01:16:11 AM »
Beautiful & useful.
So, what about sorry. Would you kindly tell how I say sorry for the better.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:31:34 AM »
7 Powerful Tips on How to Say Sorry Gracefully

1. You are thought of more highly once you own up to a mistake because others will see you are human and feeling after all. However small you think the mistake may be could have devastating effects on your relationships if sorry is not in your vocabulary.

2. If you have lost your temper, had a bad day, or for whatever reason to be in conflict, when you say sorry look as if you mean it and not as if its an after-thought. Look at the person, be genuine and let them see how sorry you are.

3. You've hurt a member of your family, make it up with thoughtfulness, some flowers or just a small gift. Be more thoughtful and in relationships little things do mean a lot.

4. Communicate your feelings without losing your temper - this is not a one-way battle. When you communicate what you want to say calmly the other person knows you are speaking from calm reflection and sincerity.

5. Feel the hurt and do it anyway. Even if you've been hurt by a person, say sorry to yourself and move on. Never harbour a grudge as this only leads to unresolved conflict and possible illness.

6. Use a sense of humour as that always diffuses arguments or conflicts. When my French husband says 'Why' a lot I call him 'Monsieur pourquoi', he laughs and it makes whatever he said more bearable for me to swallow! He would also forget why he said 'Why' in the first place!

7. Show love not remorse when you are fed up with other people's behaviour. You can change how you respond to situations but you cannot change other people's responses and behaviour.

Saying 'sorry' can be the hardest word to say. There's a tremendous relief and calming influence not only on your side but on the side of the receiver. Saying 'sorry' creates a win-win situation as you are feeling better and the other person will hopefully also begin to feel the sincerity, power and peace.

If you really dislike the word, then counteract your emotions before anger sets in.

By Carole Barnerias
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:12:55 PM »

You have set a good example to me. It was sorry where I was always confused.  But now I belief, say sorry does not means you have a mistake but it introduce about your big heart. Always it seems very hard to say sorry. But we can do it very positively. Even only politeness makes the situation under control.
I have read your post thoroughly but trying to understand deeply, which I have learn from you just day before today.  Now I want know about some core point of teacher student relation/behavior.
Thank you.
Peace be upon on you.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/