First Printed Bangla Braille Book in Bangladesh

Author Topic: First Printed Bangla Braille Book in Bangladesh  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
First Printed Bangla Braille Book in Bangladesh
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:36:20 PM »
The program of launching ceremony of First Machine Translated Bangla Brail book of  "Muktijodher Etihas" by Professor Dr. Zafar Iqbal.The launching ceremony will be held at the main stage of Ekushey Book Fair at Bangla Academy.  Prof. Dr. Syed Akter Hossain, Head, CSE of Daffodil International University is one of the member of the team which innovated the Automated system for translating Bangla Text to Brail Machine. You are cordially invited.

"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: First Printed Bangla Braille Book in Bangladesh
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
Dear All

Assalamu-Alaikum.

I am delighted to invite all of you in of my research outcome of producing machine translated Braille book for the first time in Bangladesh. I am happy that my students from MIST (Military Institute of Science and Technology) implemented my idea of doing this machine translation of Bangla. You will be surprised to know that our visually disabled friends are having almost no book for their studies despite the fact that they are human being and they have all the rights that we have. I picked this research in 2009 while I attended a ceremony in Shilpakala Academy. The students of MIST was guided by me to conduct as well as make this work as what we see today.

I very happy to share that I have received many calls last weeks from all the supported institutions working for the visually disabled people. We are in the more widen research of this product and we have planned to give this as free to all the publishers. Besides, we have another two international publications in the meantime.

Please make yourself convenient to attend this function at 5:00pm in the main venue of Book Fair on 27 February 2011 and keep your best wishes as well.

Best regards.

--
Syed Akhter Hossain, PhD
Professor and Head
Department of CSE/CS/CIS
Daffodil International University
102, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road
Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1207
Tel: 9138234, 9138235 Ext 226
Fax: 9131947
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline mmrsinha

• View Profile
Re: First Printed Bangla Braille Book in Bangladesh
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »
Excellent work.........