Online debating...

Author Topic: Online debating...  (Read 2051 times)

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
Online debating...
« on: March 12, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
With the increasing popularity and availability of the Internet, differing opinions arise frequently. Though they are often expressed via flaming and other forms of argumentation, which consist primarily of assertions, there do exist formalized debating websites, typically in the form of online forums or bulletin boards. The debate style is interesting, as research and well thought out points and counterpoints are possible because of the obvious lack of time restraints (although practical time restraints usually are in effect, e.g., no more than 5 days between posts, etc.).Forums are Moderated and welcome online debaters in a friendly format so all may speak their pros and cons. Many people use this to strengthen their points, or drop their weaker opinions on things, many times for debate in formal debates (such as the ones listed above) or for fun arguments with friends. The ease-of-use and friendly environments make new debaters welcome to share their opinions in many communities.

There have been two World Online Debating Championships, run by Debatewise and IDEA.

PLease go through the link...I think it should be more interesting and if interest then sign up or go to the registration and involve the online debate...

http://www.createdebate.com/

THank you

BIDITA
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile