Team Briefings

Author Topic: Team Briefings  (Read 900 times)

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
Team Briefings
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:37:42 AM »
We have many communication options these days – phone calls, faxes, emails, text messages, and so on. Sometimes it seems as though traditional, face-to-face meetings are disappearing.

Does the following scenario appear familiar?

Bob, a sales director, is away on a business trip. He texts a message to Susan, his assistant: We need to talk – something big has come up. Noon tomorrow OK?

Susan texts back: You're on for 12!

Susan promptly emails a few of her friends in the department this message: I just got a text from Bob. Something big is coming down the pipe. I bet we closed the deal with WhatzitWorld. I'll tell you more after I talk with him tomorrow afternoon.

Meanwhile, Bob has sent a text to Gerald, the HR manager: Gerry, we lost the whole WhatzitWorld account. Here's a heads up to get the pink slips ready. Need to talk about dept reorganization.

Gerald then sends an email to Susan: Susan, can you prepare an abbreviated employee performance data report? I know the official report comes out Wednesday but if you could put together total sales this year and break it down monthly per salesperson and then apply our ROI formula to the support staff as well that would be great. I also need to know if there have been any significant changes to job descriptions or pending staff changes that I should be aware of. I know you're busy, but please can you make this a priority.

Susan drops everything and sends an email to the entire department: Something big has happened at the sales meeting Bob is at. Gerald wants our up-to-date performance data and any changes to job descriptions or positions. Can you send me your latest information ASAP? The last time I gathered this type of information they were preparing those surprise bonus checks for us so make sure you send me anything and everything you think is relevant to your performance this period.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMM_42.htm