The Big Five Personality Traits Model

Author Topic: The Big Five Personality Traits Model  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
The Big Five Personality Traits Model
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:44:22 PM »
Understanding the Model

The Big Five Personality Traits model is based on findings from several independent researchers, and it dates back to the late 1950s. But the model as we know it now began to take shape in the 1990s.

Lewis Goldberg, a researcher at the Oregon Research Institute, is credited with naming the model "The Big Five." It is now considered to be an accurate and respected personality scale, which is routinely used by businesses and in psychological research.

The Big Five Personality Traits Model measures five key dimensions of people's personalities:

Openness: sometimes called "Intellect" or "Imagination," this measures your level of creativity Add to My Personal Learning Plan, and your desire for knowledge and new experiences.
Conscientiousness: this looks at the level of care that you take in your life and work. If you score highly in conscientiousness Add to My Personal Learning Plan, you'll likely be organized and thorough, and know how to make plans and follow them through. If you score low, you'll likely be lax and disorganized.
Extraversion/Introversion: this dimension measures your level of sociability. Are you outgoing or quiet Add to My Personal Learning Plan, for instance? Do you draw energy from a crowd, or do you find it difficult to work and communicate with other people?
Agreeableness: this dimension measures how well you get on with other people. Are you considerate, helpful and willing to compromise? Or do you tend to put your needs before others'?
Natural Reactions: sometimes called "Emotional Stability" or "Neuroticism," this measures emotional reactions. Do you react negatively or calmly to bad news? Do you worry obsessively about small details, or are you relaxed in stressful situations?

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newCDV_22.htm