Gratitude: A key to be happy
-Nahian Fyrose Fahim
Expressing gratitude is a kind of strategy for achieving happiness. Many people define gratitude is many ways. It creates wonder; it is appreciation; it is thanking someone in our life; it is thanking Almighty; it is “counting the number of blessings.” it is not taking things for granted. Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer anger. The average person, however, probably associates gratitude with saying thank you for a gift or benefit received.
Almighty Allah has created us for an intention. The Holy Quran, repeatedly asserts the necessity for gratitude and thankfulness to Allah. For example, in Sura Fourteen it is written: "If you are grateful, I will give you more "(14:7). So we can say by showing gratitude towards our creator we can get blessings from Him. The prophet Muhammad also said, "Gratitude for the abundance you have received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue." True gratitude, it is taught, draws more abundant graces upon the believer. We the Muslims used to pray 5 times prayer every day. The main objective of prayer is to show gratitude to our creator. Sometimes we pray to Allah without knowing the reason behind it. Every religion appreciated those people who are grateful to their creator, to their surroundings.We can also show gratitude to:
1. People whom we love as like creator, parents, friends
2. People who criticize us are our best friend. We should show gratitude towards them.
3. Our servant, our workers who are working for our happinessBenefits of showing gratitude:
Gratitude is the key of happiness it reduces depression, we can say it maintain the proper mental health. Student life is the best time to cultivate gratitude and other values in ourselves. Moreover parents can play an important role to teach the benefits of gratitude of their child. Research reveals gratitude can have these seven benefits.
1. Gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
2. Gratitude improves physical health.
3. Gratitude improves psychological health.
4. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.
5. Grateful people sleep better.
6. Gratitude improves self-esteem.
7. Gratitude increases mental strength.