Lecture in English

Author Topic: Lecture in English  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Nur-E-Alam Siddique

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Lecture in English
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
Dear All

The step, obviously effective step taken by dean sir that lecturing in English is really in action now. No confusion to accept that many of us including the students thought that it might be a massacre that if we would continue to deliver the lecture in English. But  after the meeting on 29 th March, 2011 like me all of my colleagues have become convinced that lecturing in English will do nothing but ensure the development of ourselves, I want to believe. I want to share one thing with the concerned with due respect to all.

As we all know, D. college is credited with good results, University of Dhaka is possessing the best intellectuals, products, BUET is producing the best engineers no doubt. To understand the quality, previous result of the students of those institutions we don't need to do research. In no way I want to accept that teaching staff here is anyway lagging so far behind compared to them at least in terms of dedication. So, teachers here are capable of keeping peace with anything good for DIU.

Missing line is the absence of stringent admission procedure to get admission here, I consider. Due to this, very often some of the students are going with the expected quality of the university but many are not. The outcome is that either teachers are to compromise or to ignore most of the students' unexpected demand at university level and inevitably are getting very unsatisfactory (....... I think my colleagues can receive this).

So, until we can be selective in admitting the students ( I am not talking about the question paper; I have no doubt about the standard of QPs at least for a private university), it's better to convey the massages to our students, better to talk with the students at a proper platform. That should not be from the concerned course teachers. I believe this will reduce the gap between the guided actions of teachers and the psychological arrangements of our students and a very congenial environment will be created as all we expect.

In the last meeting honorable advisor sir , dean sir suggested some guidelines to improve the quality of education here. In addition to those, if we become selective in admission, I think job market will get the signal that best graduates are of DIU.

We don't want to sell our products (service of our graduates) rather we want to make the buyers (employers) crazy for hiring our graduates. Let's hands together.

Offline Sampa Saha

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Lecture in English
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »
Dear sir,

I agee with you. Obviously, we can get good crop from good seed.

Sampa saha.
Sr. Lecturer.
DIU

Offline Sharmin Jahan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »
I think, this attempt (lecturing in English) is very very appreciable.

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
I think we should not underestimate our students.In fact if teachers conduct classes in English,most of the students appreciate it.Some students are also found to impress their teachers by using English themselves.

Regards

Shamsi Ara Huda
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline Md. Minhajul Islam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »
yes, i totally agree with shamsi madam, our students always look forward feedback from teachers, they always try to follow teachers

Offline Mohammad Salek Parvez

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
very nice & important posting.
:SP: