How To Begin Writing, Even When You Don’t Know Where To Start

Author Topic: How To Begin Writing, Even When You Don’t Know Where To Start  (Read 2138 times)

Offline anwar.swe

• Lecturer, Dept. Software Engineering
    • View Profile
How To Begin Writing, Even When You Don’t Know Where To Start
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
The first is that I’m a terrible writer. I’ve only known and written in an academic way, because that’s how I was taught in schools. It was useful then, and is still useful now, but it serves only a few audiences.
The second thing is that no matter how terribly I write, I’m always excused by my readers if I have something worth sharing. Nobody cares that my writing is not the most conversational, or even professional at all. I’m still developing my voice, and the worst part of this development is that I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere. Yet people still find a way to power through those words I’ve penned if I’m interesting enough.
It’s probably because I’ve only tried my hand at non-fiction so far. It would be a different story if I attempted to write fantasies like George RR Martin, Tolkien, and J.K. Rowling. But what I’m saying is that you can begin writing even if you don’t possess the technical skill and unique voice that all good writers possess.
There are two ways — both of which work.

Source: https://writingcooperative.com/how-to-begin-writing-even-when-you-dont-know-where-to-start-b8566b19e315
Nd. Anwar Hossen
Senior Lecturer
Mentor, IEEE DIU Student Branch
Department of Software Engineering, FSIT
Daffodil International University

Offline Md. Saiful Hoque

• View Profile
Re: How To Begin Writing, Even When You Don’t Know Where To Start
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:56:51 PM »
Thanks
Lecturer,
Department of TE,