How to present yourself on job market

Author Topic: How to present yourself on job market  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Raisa

• Sky is the limit
    • View Profile
How to present yourself on job market
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:26 PM »
sorce https://www.livecareer.com/quintessential/jobseeker-marketing-tools
Marketing is the lifeblood that runs through the veins of all successful organizations. Without marketing, no matter how good the product or service, the organization will fail. It’s marketing that defines the distinctive features and benefits of the product or service, it’s marketing that sets the price, it’s marketing that communicates those features and benefits to the appropriate audience, and it’s marketing that delivers the goods to the consumer.
Strategic Marketing Career Planning for Job-Seekers

As with any business, a job-seeker without a plan will simply not optimize his/her job search. Job-seekers should consider answering these questions in relation to their job history and career:

Where have I been, where am I now, and where will my career be if I do nothing?
Where do I want to go with my career?
How do I get to where I want to go?
How do I convert my plan into action steps?
How do I make changes to my plan if I am not getting success?
In some ways, the strength of your promotion tools may be the most vital piece of your career marketing mix. Promotion — as it relates to job-searching — includes cover letters, resumes, phone calling, and interviewing. Promotion tools include anything that you can use to get a job interview and ultimately get a job offer. How much time have you spent polishing these promotion tools? Do you have a solid resume? A dynamic cover letter? How are your interviewing skills? Do you have what it takes to sell yourself to the employer?

No matter how well you are positioned and how strong your USP, if you cannot properly communicate these benefits to employers, you will not get the job. We suggest you spend some time with these major sections of Quintessential Careers:

Cover Letter Resources
Resume Resources
Interviewing Resources
:)