12 Tips to Quit Smoking

Author Topic: 12 Tips to Quit Smoking  (Read 5110 times)

Offline ForhadFaysol

• Nothing is impossible if i wish
    • View Profile
    • pathik69
12 Tips to Quit Smoking
« on: July 01, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »
1. Think of Consequences of Cigarette smoking towards kids and women: Passive smoking is dangerous for the health of kids and women, so why not start from Not smoking in front of them, ever ? This can be a good first step to start from for quitting smoking.

2. Path of Herbal Intake - Herbs and shrubs crushed and mixed with different products of tobacco are the ultimate solution to quit smoking but it shall bear the patience of an individual to smell and taste the presence of herbal fragrance. Eat herbal made non-toxic products of tobacco to quit smoking gradually.

3. Chew a soft chewing gum - If you are having a desperate need to smoke in a public place then try chewing a gum that won’t sound awkward and the sudden specific smoke need be reduced for a while with appreciation by your colleagues. It reduces the tension for searching cigarette every now and then with excessive demand.

4. Take Deep Breaths - Breath at least three times to lower the accessibility of tobacco intake by the brain and breath with continuity without taking necessary halts to trigger the passion of cigarette again inside the mind. Inhale the deepest lung-full of air possible and slowly exhale it out. Purse your lips so that the air must come out slowly. Close your eyes and gradually sink over onto your chest.Visualize all.

5. Depend on Liquid Diets - Drink lot of fluids as much as possible each day when the need arises in heart to smoke that puff. Drinking water or a glass full of juice helps flush out extra nicotine from the bloodstream and other poisonous toxic materials of the body.

6. Try to avoid Alcohol, Caffeine and Sugary substances - Discard the consumption of alcohol, sugar and caffeine intake at the first quarter of weeks or much longer then that as they tend to stimulate the feel of tobacco in the blood.

7. Avoidance of fatty amino-acids and food diet - The metabolism slows down substantially without the presence of nicotine in the blood therefore, avoid taking fatty acids and food in larger quantity. Disclipine yourself for unexpected food diet intake. Nibble yourself for low calorie diet chart plan such as: Apples; carrots and cereals. Suck Cinnamon sticks wherever necessary. After a specific meal, have a sumptuous cup full of mint tea or peppermint candy floss instead of a cigarette.

8. Discipline to set a quit date: Have a disciplinary measure to set a date of quitting smoking on a specific date or time schedule. This will help you to remain firm enough of taking a specific decision to quit it only on that special day of your life and doesn’t permit yourself to exceed a single second then that.

9. Restrict yourself to physician - Try to visit a reputed physician to have important consultational processes for quitting this disgusting habit of smoking every now and then without providing prior precaution to the ambience where there’re non-smokers found in every nook and corner such as: public places; cafeterias; hotels and motels; amusement parks, etc. Discuss every possible cause of it freely without a hitch in mind.

10. Do meditation - As you get the necessary time to meditate with absolute surroundings in and around the desired place of your need. Start meditating with no disturbances and lock yourself in a dark and dingy room to take some kind of outh to yourself never to smoke again inlife. Enchanting the holy words of “OM” could do wonders for such preventions.

11. Acupuncture Help - For smoking cessation aid, get a treatment by a help of acupuncture aid therapy that doesn’t triggers the releasae of endorphins in the blood cells responsible for the need of tobacco consumption again. It’s a natural occurring pain reliever for tobacco. There will be no symptoms again.

12. Rewarding yourself: Reward yourself always to reinforce the victories from quitting up the cigarette. If you triumph to crave for the cigarette again remain motivated always to desire the reward as a deserving gift from cigarette.

Offline psycho saint

• i am just what i am
    • View Profile
Re: 12 Tips to Quit Smoking
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »
it was such a worthy post,
well i can say that the most important part to leave smoking is one's mental strength...
RAFAT
creative.bd

Offline ForhadFaysol

• Nothing is impossible if i wish
    • View Profile
    • pathik69
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 12:20:55 AM »
I agree with you.only willingness to give up smoking can stop smoking.

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »
Informative!!!!! But "implementation" is more tougher in this case.............but one day, it'll surely be defended.

Thank you so much......for this important post.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline Jalal

• I am different from all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 11:49:52 PM »
For quit smoking, it depends one's wish and other co operation.

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »
Give-up smoking……… For your vivid future.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com
Daffodil International University

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »
To keep our health good and sound we should give-up this habit. Life is very important and one time. So, we should keep our health free from many diseases by avoid smoking.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:52:45 AM »
why  u loss ur money and ur life by smoking?
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
just waste and loss the money but do not have any benefit. Just loss.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »
From this Ramadan everybody should give up smoking. It is my expectation from all of u.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:05:49 PM by sethy »
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline Golam Kibria

• Working for a better life
    • View Profile
    • Golam Kibria
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »
I think our positive mind is important to quit smoking. So we set our positive mind to quit smoking. Because it hampers our life.
Golam Kibria
ID:101-11-1373 (BBA)
Asst.Offic, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute
Ex.Lecturer,SEBGC
Email : golam_1373@diu.edu.bd
http://www.golamkibria.com
Mob:01843674226
Digital University: http://www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Bangladeshi Poems, Novels and history: http://www.trulybangladesh.com

Offline Yousuf.Chy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
We need to think about the people around us whom we love and care. Smoking also harming them too.
Yousuf Chowdhury
Student Counselor,
Member, DIUAA
Cell: +880 01713493051.
E-mail: yousuf.chy@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline Md. Fouad Hossain Sarker

• FHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 10:40:55 AM »
Puffing, it’s really a bad habit. Thank you very much for your valuable post which lends a hand all smokers to relinquish their habit.
Md. Fouad Hossain Sarker
Assistant Professor and Head
Department of Development Studies
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Dhaka-1207

Offline Tanvir Ahmed Chowdhury

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »
I agree with fouad sir.
Tanvir Ahmed Chowdhury